UKFF Rap Battle 2013 - Contest Complete

John Matrix

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Unfortunately, handspants failed to get his rap in on time...or even late. Therefore Lefty gets a free pass into the semi finals.

Shane O'Mac Version 2 Vs Lefty

Slick Dick Nick Vs King Coconut

Details of the next round to follow shortly.

• Paid Members

I thought HG might pip me with the second rap, especially with the Norfolk Broads line. Well played buddy.

King Coconut is going to slaughter me, so I might try something a little different for the next one. Either that or I might stick with my profanity/world tragedies schtick.

• Paid Members

All, sincere apologies. Been absolutely snowed under so far this week.

Same rules as before, first rap is blind. PM'd to me in the first instance.

Can all competitors get their raps to me by 09:00am on Monday and i'll launch the heats then - Nick, would you rather hold off until you're back so you can respond? Leave can't be avoided so i'm happy to accomodate.

• Paid Members
All, sincere apologies. Been absolutely snowed under so far this week.

Same rules as before, first rap is blind. PM'd to me in the first instance.

Can all competitors get their raps to me by 09:00am on Monday and i'll launch the heats then - Nick, would you rather hold off until you're back so you can respond? Leave can't be avoided so i'm happy to accomodate.

Well if it's cool with Coconut, if I can get my wrap to you in the next day or so, then depending on how quick his comes in we can do the responses before then? I've got until later on Monday, basically. Leave for my flight at around 8ish on the Monday (pm).

• Paid Members

I've had raps from Slick Dick Nick and Lefty. Coco is working on his.

Shane O'Mac V2 i've not heard from, any update would be much appreciated.

If King Coconut can get something to me before Friday, i'll launch that heat upon reciept giving Slick the chance to reply before he goes on his jollies.

• Paid Members

It may have to wait now i'm afraid, i'll be logging off in the next 10 minutes or so, and wont be back online until Monday morning.

Coco, it's over to you. Lefty Vs Shane O'Mac will go live on Monday, both raps recieved.

• Paid Members

SOrry for the delay guys. Ended up working all weekend, had to take yesterday as time off in lieu and spent 16hrs of it asleep!

Shane O' Vs Lefty is about to go live, Nick is on his jollies, so i'll wait to see if there's any contact from him before launching that heat as i've got both raps in hand. If not, we'll do that one on Monday when he has the opportunity to respond.

Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Congratulations to Lefty and King Coconut who've made it through to the final of the 2013 Rap Battle.

Lefty scored a first round victory, and a month long suspension for handspants before romping to victory over Shane O'Mac Version 2 in the semi finals.

King Coconut, the tournament's most begruding entrant has been untouchable so far dominating both of his heats to date, seeing off Toilet Rapper and Slick Dick Nick in impressive fashion.

Thus far, entrants have submitted one blind entry, and had the duration of the voting period to respond to one another.

In a change fitting of the tournament final, contestants will have 48 hours to tear each other to pieces as often as they like, after which point voting will open for the rest of the week with votes based on the total output.

Rapping is unlimted, but must consist of the same 16 line format as all previous rounds. You can respond, or just plain flat out flame as often or as little as you choose, and there's no need to send me your raps up front. Final will get under way on Monday 29th July at 09:00am, so you have plenty of time to prep your initial efforts.

Any issues with the rules or deadlines, give me a shout.

Archived