How Many EDL Supporters Do You Know?

David

Yeah, I seem to remember Big Mickey saying something like that. But with limited structure, surely overheads are limited too.. wonder what all the funding goes towards?

Man, it'd be great if some evidence came out that showed it all went in Tommy's pockets for personal stuff.

It's funny you should mention that, because I've heard that a lot of the donations that have been listed were a result of a "help for heroes" button on the EDL website, which had people believing they were donating directly to the Help For Heroes campaign.

Obviously this wasn't the case, so where did the cash go?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess time will tell. You have to imagine that some of those who's names have been published as donating to the EDL, when in fact they were under the impression they were donating to the Help For Heroes campaign, will be upset enough to raise this question.

2. One was a squaddie before getting kicked out because he was off the rails and is now banned from many pubs where my parents live. The other is a DJ in Blackburn. hey ho.

Sounds to me like the guy needs help, not condemnation. He's obviously fucked up. Did he serve overseas by any chance?

There's no condemnation there David!

He was engaged/married to a 40 year old and had a kid at 18 He always has been a bit of a 'rum 'un'. Not sure where he went in the army. I was 'told' him going in was to help sort himself out, but didn't work out according to what I've heard when back home. He's never on Facebook much anyway. Seems to be doing better as has got away from Ruralbackwardshire a bit and moved somewhere posh in comparison. So fair play to him on that score.

• Moderators
That list is about 2 years old, someone under the name of Anonymous had claimed it for themselves even though they did fuck all to obtain it.

Are you sure? I thought it had appeared as a result of this carry on?

I'm very sure. ;)

Oh, well that clears up everything. Why didn't you say so before?

That list is about 2 years old, someone under the name of Anonymous had claimed it for themselves even though they did fuck all to obtain it.

I'm very sure. ;)

That wink suggests he may be better served posting his reply in the conspiracy thread.

Yeah, I seem to remember Big Mickey saying something like that. But with limited structure, surely overheads are limited too.. wonder what all the funding goes towards?

According to one who got caught out on the social networks. The money they earn from selling poppies and H4H donations on marches go towards costs of making banners. Obviously that can't cost them THAT much so I'd assume things like hall hire for any meetings they do and a round or two of drinks at the local pub before they smash it.

Regarding the FB method of seeing if your friends like it. There are different divisions. I've seen people sharing things from the EDL Yorkshire division page,EDL against animal cruelty and of course the most high profile EDL page RIP Woolwich Soldier. Can't be easy keeping track of everyone at the moment!

According to one who got caught out on the social networks. The money they earn from selling poppies and H4H donations on marches go towards costs of making banners. Obviously that can't cost them THAT much so I'd assume things like hall hire for any meetings they do and a round or two of drinks at the local pub before they smash it.

Obviously the EDL have every right to use funding that they receive to make make banners, hire halls and so forth, but the question remains if the funding was intended for them in the first place.

You say there that they use the money from "selling poppies and H4H donations on marches" to pay for the above. Surely that's against the law? I mean, what if I decided to sell poppies and use the money to buy videogames and new trainers? Would that be deemed acceptable? Of course not.

There has to be something illegal in what they're doing there, and it has to be said that the poor sods who inadvertently donated to the EDL cause under the belief they were donating to Help For Heroes or whatever are only really guilty of being fucking idiots, and perhaps not the EDL-loving racists that they're no doubt being painted as.

I'm very sure. ;)

I was asked if i was sure and i said i was, the wink was a pisstake but i'm also not going to say how i knew about the list on a public forum.

Archived