Raw was on last night

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
It's such a goal kick of a statement, that part of me hopes it was just him trying to get some attention the old fashion way by shitting on Triple H.

Raw was decent. Daniel Bryan head banging was excellent. The bloke deserves every bit of praise. This weak link angle could potentially hurt a lesser man, but Bryan is working extra hard at the minute and his performances stand out from other slightly indolent displays on Raw. He's the perfect midcard attraction, at the minute.

Meltzer was saying that Big E is getting Mark Henry's face push, as Henry injured himself again and he's now in WWE's bad books. Shame.

Does anybody know why WWE changed Curtis Axel's entrance music? Hopefully Vince realizes it's rubbish and gets them to change the CD.

Good. Now he's in the bad books he might think of calling it a day. Him and Mysterio are accident-prone liabilities and should have been gone ages ago. I understand their merits, more so Mysterio, but they seem to injure themselves within a few weeks of returning every time they come back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Shield are simply great but I find myself wondering where they go from here because imo they are too good to be mucking around with the likes of Kofi and the beyond stale Team Hell No so hopefully last night was the end of that and now the Shield move onto something with a little more meat.

Don't agree with this. I think The Shield continue to be booked near perfectly and there's no need to rush it with any of them. They have phenomenal chemistry with Team Hell No and their matches are a consistent Raw highlight, they're giving the tag titles a bit of value for the first time in a while and I think for a group that's still not even coming up to their first year on T.V. they're about where they need to be. Ambrose's series with Kofi is giving him some shine as a singles wrestler and he's getting a few wins under his belt without help from his partners, again at a pace that is just fine for him against an opponent who can reliably produce an exciting T.V. match week in week out. They're well protected, over with the crowd, having consistently great matches, being booked as a near unstoppable three man team and now starting to show their talents when they're not fighting as a complete unit. I'm grateful for the strong yet restrained booking they're getting and hope it continues.

Agreed with Butch about Daniel Bryan also. Right now I think his hot tags in particular are, without exaggeration, as good as any I've ever seen in pro wrestling.

Totally echo these sentiments here and certainly all the love thrown D-Brys way. He's been as tremendous as ever lately and he's real over. The fans genuinely love this guy and want to see him succeed and when he looks the way he does right now that's quite remarkable. I'd happily watch Team Hell No vs The Shield forever but that seems to be coming to an end as, most likely, is Team Hell No itself. I do hope neither turns if that is the case, like others i'd like to see Bryan entered into something else up the card, i'd love him to enter a series with Dolph over the World title through the summer once Ziggler is done with Del Rio. I've mentioned this before but i'd like an angle with them involving the AJ connection that would actually culminate in a D-Bry - AJ reconciliation down the line, I liked them together. Big E is probably turning face and ditching Dolph soon, although that could be worked into it with Dloph eventually losing everything. Once he's out of the World title picture i'd also like to see Del Rio and Ricardo work The Shield over the tag straps. Just because I like the idea of a Del Rio and Ricardo tag title chase story but also opposing The Shield could do them wonders in getting them over as babyfaces with beatdowns from The Shield rather than Jack Swagger and Del Rio fighting for his mate. It's obviously going to be Shield against Sheamus and Orton which is decent enough short-term deal, can't see it being anything more than that though and may actually lead to Orton finally turning like so many seem to want. Although I wouldn't mind him remaining face as i'd still like to see that Evolution - Shield scenario play out in future.

I too don't see Punk returning just yet at Payback and see it being Axel standing in. Can see this being a long running angle leading to his grand return later down the line, probably around or at SummerSlam, of 'Where is CM Punk?' and Heyman actually having no idea at all, being unable to get a hold of him and trying to blag his way through it like Paul Heyman would and explaining why he's brought in a new guy.

On the Bret Hart appreciation, Vinces words to Bret (and Brets immediately after in fact) were great, just fucking great.

• Paid Members
Is it case of Bryan being in the perfect spot, or should they try to cash in on his powers and send him to the top of the card?

It's rare to see someone in such an obvious rich vein of form.

Eventually, sure. Right now, he's helping to establish The Shield as something special, and is getting himself over in the process. The midcard in WWE is generally such a drab place if Khali isn't being mental or Henry isn't slamming chumps, so it's nice to have something else worth watching.

Post-Shield will be interesting, though. It's surely leading to Bryan snapping and turning on Kane. It makes sense to push him into a feud with Cena after that.

Christ, imagine how good a proper John Cena v Daniel Bryan feud would be.

Just got around to watching the Bret Hart appreciation show after the broadcast. All in all a pretty enjoyable thing and Bret did look genuinely moved. Also I spotted Lance Storm on the stage right at the end. Is he working there now or just visiting as it was in Calgary?

he seems to me like he has his favourite guys and he will put them over in interviews etc (Punk), on the flipside, if for whatever reason he don't like somebody, whether it's there style or personally he will have no qualms in bashing them.

As is the case with 99% of people on the planet.

Yeah but your missing my point, if it is blatantly bollocks, as in not even up for debate bollocks, then he is making himself look a tit, that is what i was saying.

Then try making it better.

Callum, I haven't heard anything about Storm working for the WWE so I assume it's just a visit. We just needed Jacques Rougeau there to fully recreate the touching moment from New Blood Rising.

Lance seems to love his wrestling school duties and home life so I question whether he'd go to the new WWE facility if they asked, but by many accounts he is a good guy, a patient teacher and somebody who would be considered an asset for such.

he seems to me like he has his favourite guys and he will put them over in interviews etc (Punk), on the flipside, if for whatever reason he don't like somebody, whether it's there style or personally he will have no qualms in bashing them.

As is the case with 99% of people on the planet.

Yeah but your missing my point, if it is blatantly bollocks, as in not even up for debate bollocks, then he is making himself look a tit, that is what i was saying.

Then try making it better.

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Hang on, they were going to turn Henry face until he got injured.

Fucking hell :rolleyes:

He should never ever be a face again, a man mountain that looks like he would eat you rather than look at you patting kids on the head, no chance.

The only thing that annoyed me about Raw was seeing Cena kick out of the Perfect-Plex, unless of course they now run a series of vignettes of Curtis studying his dads matches and learning how to do it so no-one ever kicks out or something in which case i might forgive them.

What annoyed me is Cena coming back from a week off and not even acknowledging the battering that laid him off at Extreme Rules, let alone selling any kind of pain. I get that Cena's the guy that dusts it off and marches on but on the flip side to that it makes it feel like nothing really matters. There's no heat or intensity there. This Ryback feud is really, really shit. The '3 stages of hell' match is a curiosity at least.

Fuck me, them two really did a three stages match? Shit the bed. The HHH/HBK one was horrendous as well, like nearly every other match they had. Every HHH/Orton match was a different stage of hell.

Archived