Raw was on last night

PowerButchi

I doubt it Loki.

Shawn said in an interview with Peter Rosenberg that Vince made a quip about him wearing a cowboy hat in 2008 when he was a regular, and Shawn took exception to this. But I doubt 5 years later he has grown a beard as part as some ongoing attire war. Would be funny if true though, and he showed up at the HOF looking like Onslow out of Keeping Up Appearances.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Shield are simply great but I find myself wondering where they go from here because imo they are too good to be mucking around with the likes of Kofi and the beyond stale Team Hell No so hopefully last night was the end of that and now the Shield move onto something with a little more meat.

Don't agree with this. I think The Shield continue to be booked near perfectly and there's no need to rush it with any of them. They have phenomenal chemistry with Team Hell No and their matches are a consistent Raw highlight, they're giving the tag titles a bit of value for the first time in a while and I think for a group that's still not even coming up to their first year on T.V. they're about where they need to be. Ambrose's series with Kofi is giving him some shine as a singles wrestler and he's getting a few wins under his belt without help from his partners, again at a pace that is just fine for him against an opponent who can reliably produce an exciting T.V. match week in week out. They're well protected, over with the crowd, having consistently great matches, being booked as a near unstoppable three man team and now starting to show their talents when they're not fighting as a complete unit. I'm grateful for the strong yet restrained booking they're getting and hope it continues.

Agreed with Butch about Daniel Bryan also. Right now I think his hot tags in particular are, without exaggeration, as good as any I've ever seen in pro wrestling.

Axel's first theme was better, far better.

Natalya just can't get a win in Canada.

And Wyatt's promos are probably the best character introduction ones since Sean O'Haire's gimmick change nearly 10 years ago, can't wait to see him back.

I'm desperate for Bryan to sort out his look though. His hair and beard are atrocious and he's not looking anywhere near as well cut as he was a year or so ago.

Agreed about the hair. His beard is fine, but with that mop on top of his head he looks like he should be doing The Safety Dance instead of wrestling

• Paid Members

Is that the first time we've seen Dean Ambrose's rear-headlock DDT finisher or has he been using it for yonks? :omg:

I was thinking the same with the shield the other day about where they go next. Yes we can have some rematches for a bit, Ambrose can be fed some other midcarders and possibly feud with a Jericho or a Christian, but who do Reigns and Rollins take on next? my only thought is a team of Shemus and Orton could get some mileage for a month or so.

The Wyatt Family look awesome havent watched much NXT for months but Bray had some similar great promos when he first came in there. My only concern is with the Shield so strong is there room for another 3 man group to be dominant? I kind of hope in the longer run for a shield face turn perhaps so we can have Shield Vs Wyatt family as the two styles of promos alone would make the feud different enough for me to really get behind

Is that the first time we've seen Dean Ambrose's rear-headlock DDT finisher or has he been using it for yonks? :omg:

He's been using it for weeks.

Almost exclusively on Kofi Kingston though. So far I think it's looked really good, but I have a feeling it's one of those moves that will look rubbish on less athletic opponents. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Archived