Premier League 2013/14 Thread

Frankie Crisp

Will be entertaining to have the likes of Hull City and Palace returning (didn't know until today that Palace have only ever managed one season runs each time they have been in the Premier League) and the new boys of Cardiff City, or whatever they have been re-branded by their Malaysian owner by the time the season kicks off.

If, and I re-iterate if Spurs can keep hold of Bale and spend some money wisely then I can see Champions League football for the 2014-15 season at White Hart Lane.

Top 4

1)Man City

2)Arsenal

3)Man Utd

4)Spurs

Bottom 3

1)Sunderland

2)West Brom

3)Crystal Palace

Surprise package of the season: Aston Villa

First Manager Sacked: Martin Jol

If David Moyes signs a decent central midfielder I'm struggling to see past United again to be honest. I also reckon Mourinho's return will end in tears, Chelsea and Arsenal to swap places in the league table, other than that it will be the same top 4 again.

See this the year Arsenal could sneak it (I feel dirty saying this) i'm basing it on the fact that City, Utd and Chelsea will need sometime to settle into new signings and also that managers way of playing and molding a team together.

Arsenal on the other hand have had 2 seasons of comparative stability and were by far the best team in the last 10 games of last season, if they can carry it over to the PL then I can see them doing well. Add to the fact that Wenger will probably, finally dig into his transfer kitty and buy a couple or three players or one absolute world class player and I seriously think they could be the dark horse package for the title.

FIRST PAGE PREDICTIONS AWWWW YEEEAH.

I reckon if Mourinho comes in at Chelsea, they win the league based purely on experience and motivation alone. They'll be the only coupling of 'manager who's done it before' with 'team capable of lasting over an entire season' and I think that'll be right in their favour. United will run them close, especially if they make some signings, but I reckon it's an FA Cup win for them next year. If City's chequebook gets brought out, they could be players too, and Pellegrini is a decent coach, but unless they make some massive signings I see them merely making the Champions League again.

Much as I hate to say it, if Liverpool get their shit together, they could challenge Arsenal and Spurs for fourth. Whoever loses out next season is not going to be happy and there will almost certainly be further managerial casualties towards the end of next season within the top eight.

Palace are a cert to go down for me. I know other likely teams have managed to survive in the past but for me there is little to no quality in that squad. I think this is a one-year stint that will likely set them up well for a future run at the Premiership, maybe within the next few years. I was dead wrong about Norwich and West Brom last season, and with van Wolfswinkel in their side I could see the former settling into mid-table. West Brom could find some difficulty without Lukaku and I'll say that they get involved in the relegation struggle but survive it. After Pulis' departure, this is Stoke's year to go down, and I'll pick Hull City to go with them.

The smart folk should keep their predictions until July time. Let the stories unfold before going in two footed. I think this season might be the most unpredictable yet. Has there ever been a season that started where the top 3 have different managers?

Yeah, but that would be too much like accepting that it's all over for the next two months at least :(

The smart folk should keep their predictions until July time. Let the stories unfold before going in two footed. I think this season might be the most unpredictable yet. Has there ever been a season that started where the top 3 have different managers?

Yeah, but that would be too much like accepting that it's all over for the next two months at least :(

Agreed.. Luckily there's the euro u21s and copa america to help the football fix eh?

I'll probably change my mind before the first day of the season and we do the usual list of predictions. It's just my early thoughts on how things currently stand. I'd love to see Moyes make a marquee signing like a Fabregas or a Bale, but as long as he brings in a creative midfielder I'll be happy. I just hope he doesn't buy Fellaini. I don't rate the bloke, goes missing for large periods of time and I don't think he'd fit in at United at all, but who knows what Moyes system will be like?

Agreed.. Luckily there's the euro u21s and copa america to help the football fix eh?

Great stuff didnt know both of those where on this summer.

Archived