TNA Slammiversary 2013 *SPOILERS*

wrestlingmad

There's definitely posters with different areas of expertise, but there's also a general consensus. I'm not saying everyone hated these guys, I'm just saying that's what I read at the time. The Gail Kim one stands out the most to me. In regards to Daniels, I don't think he was 'shit' at any point in his TNA career. There were things that could be improved for him (flares, character) but he was entertaining. The X Division was a big part of TNA's identity and helped establish them as an alternative and he was an integral part of it. Again, it's not that you're either brilliant or awful. He wasn't either. It's not like he was Matt Bentley.I did say that my defence of Daniel Bryan was hardly groundbreaking. I made the point that he was likely defended elsewhere but there was a time when he first came in to WWE that people were shitting on him. Even his mini-feud with Michael Cole that culminated in him attacking him on NXT outlined the potential there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give the man a biscuit, he likes Gail Kim.

There are two Gail Kims - the one when she's in WWE (sloppy and shit) and the TNA version (ace). I have no idea why she's so different in the two companies, and I don't care. If it means she stays in TNA having good matches, helping hold together an actual women's division, and giving me a lazy lob then I'm happy.

She's the reason there's a Knockouts division - her and Jackie had that cage match that I periodically mention. I was singing her praises even then and she deserved to be the first champ.

As for Daniels - even he admits he's only decently "got it". He and Kaz have been knocking around TNA for years with a massive sense of entitlement and never got anywhere. Suddenly they stop trying to get the crowd to chant "this is awesome" and start trying to get the crowd to actually dislike them, and bingo.

It's a pity it's taken this long, but at least he made it. Senshi is still knocking around on the indies being a big turd in a small toilet.

• Moderators

Give the man a biscuit, he likes Gail Kim.

Hahaha, I was indeed wondering if the whole point of Sphinx's posts was the hope everyone would go "wow, you were right. About everything. All along. You're a wrestling oracle!" in response to them and putting him over as a main event poster rather than being a bit of a Mario Mancini, rather than the "nope, not really" response that was given.

Archived