TNA Slammiversary 2013 *SPOILERS*

wrestlingmad

• Paid Members

I know there's no live chat, but you should really watch Hogan on this. I'm almost certain he's either pissed are all pilled up. He reminds me of George Best off Wogan. He's turned up with his hand bandaged he's calling people pussies and bitches, flipping his middle finger, referencing people in the crowd and calling them "Macho Man" and talking over people's ring music. He also announced Jeff Hardy, Magnus and Joe as if we didn't know it was a scheduled match and said something about Destination X, even though that isn't a PPV anymore. He seems to have went off his tits since the accident.

Its utterly hilarious, though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there's no live chat, but you should really watch Hogan on this. I'm almost certain he's either pissed are all pilled up. He reminds me of George Best off Wogan. He's turned up with his hand bandaged he's calling people pussies and bitches, flipping his middle finger, referencing people in the crowd and calling them "Macho Man" and talking over people's ring music. He also announced Jeff Hardy, Magnus and Joe as if we didn't know it was a scheduled match and said something about Destination X, even though that isn't a PPV anymore. He seems to have went off his tits since the accident.

Its utterly hilarious, though.

This sounds awesome. All is forgotten Jeff Hardy, you're substance abuse fuelled performance on a PPV wasn't as mad as this.

So Sting lost, in which I'd call a very enjoyable main event. Some awsome creativity which certainty had me watching, Brooke came out but nothing much happened. Hogan went wild on the mic. The knockouts had a fucking brilliant match. Ultimate X was great fun. Tag contest was great fun. Good show in all. Angle and AJ felt about 5 minutes too short though. Knackered now, glad I stayed up though. Aces and Eights is clearly staying around until BFG.

• Paid Members

It was good but not great. Lockdown was much better than this, but there was a lot to like about it. It was an uneventful first half and a much better second. The X Division match was alright, but I'm overdosed on X Division three ways. They have to drop this bullshit. There's just to many of them and it looks all cluttered and contrived when you see the same spots in the three ways every single week. Sabin still doesn't look right to me. I remember how great he was before the injuries. He looks super cautious compared to before. He doesn't look half the wrestler. The six man between the Wes, Garrett and Anderson vs Magnus, Joe and Hardy was quite good as well, considering who the babyfaces had to deal with. Joe carried most of it. The crowd were well into his comebacks and fire. Sam Shaw and Jay Bradley was a waste of time. Nobody cared and why would they? Nobody knows who they are and they are hardly ever on TV. It was a bit of a one-two punch because after this was Abyss and Devon had a nothing match. They gave Joseph a good hiding and out popped Abyss to win the belt.

The show picked up with the announcement of Kurt Angle going into the Hall of Fame which was really well done on their part. It came across great. The 4 team tag team match wasn't as good as last years AJ and Angle vs Kaz and Daniels match, but it was well worth a watch. Gunner and James Storm won, which is all good with me. I love Gunner. He uses the Torture Rack and renamed it the GUN RACK! Good man. The Knockouts match between Tiffany and Gail Kim was the best match on the entire card. Pure excitement believe it or not. A brilliant story was told and Tiffany giving Gail Kim the diamond cutter off the entrance ramp was unexpected. Great stuff by them. Angle and Styles was their usual belter. AJ has new music as well. Obviously its done by Serge on an acoustic singing away like a load of other TNA themes. Crowd didn't seem to fussed about this match actually, which was strange. Especially after the Angle announcement.

Then there was the main event, which I didn't really rate at all. It reminded me of an old Raven main event in ECW or a Jeff Jarrett era NWA title defense. Sting kicked out of everything then the Aces and 8s turned up and Sting got hit with a hammer and lost. Then they all stood tall as the show went off air. The same ending as every episode of Impact, only people had to pay $50 for this one. I thought it was such a lame finish. They only do four of these pay-per-views a year and the last one ended with the heel group celebrating, the months leading up to that one were the heels being built for that moment and since the last pay-per-view the heels have been getting the upperhand on every babyface to prepare to beat Sting on this pay-per-view. I'm desperate for this storyline to end or at least freshen up a bit. Its seems to be the same thing every show.

Hogan was pissed as a fart, though. He was really funny.

AJ has new music as well. Obviously its done by Serge on an acoustic singing away like a load of other TNA themes.

It's not a Serg song, actually. Sounds like it but it's not. It's

. And apparently, that same song was used in a Punk/Taker video package earlier this year.

• Moderators

Hogan was AMAZING on this. He must have been drunk. Going on about Boston not being scared of Ghosts, terrorists or three pussies in leather was the weirdest/greatest thing ever.

I thought this show was ok.Something about the X-Div match really annoyed me, it was such a fake match to watch, I found it to be so choreographed to the point of it being insulting at times. One of the 3 guys would take a bump, then move in an un natural way to get into another position for the next spot while looking at the other 2 wrestlers, it was kind of like an ROH spot fest style match which i personally can't stand. I get that some people like it as it was entertaining to some i guess, but for my taste it was just trying too hard, I am not into this constant triple threat stuff.Liked the last 2 matches, Angles intro to the Hall Of fame was quite touching.Agree with others on Hogan, off his tits.

Agree with yous on Hogan, he stole the show. He's been a riot since this Bully feud began and this was the icing. The first half of the PPV was pretty dull really. That Ultimate X match was a fucking embarrassment. King's got a good personality and he's a decent size so I'm hoping he can learn some proper wrestling and leave the shite division behind. First time I've seen Gunner and Sabin since I've started watching and . . they're both a bit shit ain't they? Gunner's another generic beard n' tats bloke and Sabin looks like he wants to go back to watching from the sofa. The tag title match was fun even if the result was predictable. The eliminations looked a proper mess. Bradley should have flattened the silly surfer boy in 30 seconds. The knockouts were good although I spent most of the match worrying that the blonde girl would kill herself or Gail and she nearly did judging by the ending. What the fuck was that supposed to be anyway? I like that they actually do this sorta thing with their women and the crowd are always glad to see a good women's match as well. The blonde one seems to find this pretend to be hurt stuff really REALLY funny.

They've killed the momentum AJ had dead then. It was a good match but Kurt winning is baffling to me. I enjoyed the main in the way I always enjoy overbooked daftness once in a while. The removal of the ring apron was a neat touch. Don't be killing the pileddriver though.

I agree with Ian in that there's too much Ace's and 8s standing tall. I wouldn't mind that if a)they weren't shit and b)there was some babyfaces left. I can't see them putting Hardy against Bully again. This whole saga of AJ made it look like he was the one on the up but they were happy to brush that story aside for Kurt's little moment. Could be Kurt I guess but there's no meat to that and it's shit boring. It's gonna be Hogan ain't it?

I think Taryn attempted to do a running Diamond Cutter/RKO type thing and give them credit from the first camera view (before the replay) I really thought they landed on a crash matt but the replay showed them taking the full bump onto the floor which has got to have knocked the wind out of Taryn, Gail kinda front bumped but you could see she protected her head and neck using Taryns body. I just found out that Taryn is a stunt woman in Hollywood also she's worked on some pretty big things. She's really stepped up from her days as Tiffany in WWE and its nice to see her giving a 100% in TNA and willing to take those kind of bumps in order to make a statement and set her apart. I wonder if Drew was watching?....I didn't like the timing of the crossbody off the top-rope Gail had the chair in her hand way to long in advance but I think it come from the fact she had to pick it up from the corner and carry it to position in the centre of the ring after it was kicked out her hands and obviously landed in the wrong place.I really hope none of the WWE Divas watched that match, I can imagine it would be so dis-hearting for them to see how over the Knockouts are and the level of talent and trust TNA has in their women.On a side note what's the pay difference between the Knockouts and Diva's? Obviously the Diva's have a heavy schedule compared to the Knockouts I can imagine but are the Diva's much better paid than the Knockouts?

On a side note what's the pay difference between the Knockouts and Diva's? Obviously the Diva's have a heavy schedule compared to the Knockouts I can imagine but are the Diva's much better paid than the Knockouts?

Are you trying to goad someone into another rant about TNA pay? ;)TNA typically sign the well known former WWE divas to decent contracts, the likes of ODB and them that made their name in TNA seem to be on pay per appearance deals. It probably says a lot that the majority of active Knockouts still on the roster are all former WWE names and Angelina and co are gone. Agreed that the likes of Kaitlyn would love to put on a great showing on pay per view, doubt they're losing much sleep over it though.

Honestly thought the ace crusher off the stage to the floor spot - while brave - looked dumb as fuck. She took the bigger bump yet got up first. If you're going to flat back off the stage you better stay down. Match would have benefited from ending on a double KO after that. Taryn getting up was just stupid and a waste of the bump. Totally negated what she just did to herself.

Sting just tweeted this: "Sunday I was left to fight alone... Message received!"Looks like no one coming to rescue Sting at the PPV was a storyline, as opposed to a booking oversight. Should be interesting to see where this leads.

Archived