TNA Slammiversary 2013 *SPOILERS*

wrestlingmad

I thought that would be te plan too. Since Styles can't challenge for the title until BFG. So thought it was looking likely that he would win BFG Series and then win the title then. With Bully Ray keeping it until then.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Look at how they set it up on Impact. Its all set up for Brooke to kick Bully in the balls and Sting beat him. Unless Brooke turns, which I cant see happening. Its all set up for a Sting win. Then you can do the new Sting vs the old Sting at Bound For Glory and have Hogan wrestle Bully. Or Hogan and someone else (Jeff Hardy maybe) vs the Dudleys. AJ Styles vs Bully Ray main eventing sounds like an Impact main event. AJ Styles is still doing that shades of grey character and he's feuding with Kurt Angle and Sting is the only one who is understanding where he's coming from (if that interview with AJ and Sting is anything to go off). Sting's the one who'll bring him back to the good side.

• Moderators

They should have whoever wins the BFG series get beaten by Bully by nefarious means (salt in the eyes perhaps?), then Hogan come down, get challenged, win the title in a minute or so and vacate on Impact. Send the fans home happy!

I couldn't see anything other than Bully Ray vs AJ Styles for the title at Bound for Glory up until AJ made it clear that he wanted no part of Aces and Eights. If AJ was aligned with the Aces and then went on to win the Bound for Glory series against a guy like Devon before finally reverting back to the good side then fair enough but there isn't much intrigue in AJ vs Bully as it stands. Perhaps, Sting vs AJ in a 'pass the torch again' match would be the best way to go and then that frees Bully up for stuff with Hogan as mentioned.

Despite not being overly excited at the main event for Slammiversary it's going to be a hard one to call so that's a plus, it could have major implications on the Aces and Eights too if they don't have a champion as leader after that was the point of the whole ruse in the first place.

I agree, I can't imagine Bully Ray losing the title either. If you think Sting doesn't really need to challenge for the title again after this event. Their roster is stacked as it is and there will no urgency to put him back in the title picture. I could imagine they will promote a big IMPACT around August/September where Ray drops the title to Hardy to after interference from Sting or Hogan. It's has to be be Sting/Hogan Vs Team 3D at Bound For Glory.

Plus TNA has never been the best of living to their word so I'm sure he could lose and be challenging for the title again this time next year.

Perhaps, Sting vs AJ in a 'pass the torch again' match would be the best way to go

Its mad how TNA probably do see it as that as well, despite Styles being a TNA top guy for about a decade. Wrestling companies are fucking crackers sometimes. Hogan vs Rock got talked about as a torch-passer, when Rock had been a megastar for years and leaving two weeks later. And Rock talks about his whole thing with Cena being a passing of the torch when Cena was as made as could be years before Rock came back.

Completely disagree on this. Sting is too late in his career to be involved with the belt in anything other than a challenger role, him losing is the best result. Sting has no real options after a feud with Bully Ray. Where as Ray still has Abyss, a returning Hardy, Sabin and Styles.

That's enough to keep the belt on him till Bound For Glory and have him drop it to someone like a face Roode

Sting vs AJ and Hogan vs Bully are the obvious feuds they are running with. Bully vs Sabin is worthless, Hardy vs Bully has been done to death and Bully vs Styles hasn't got any legs. Roode is so far away from the main event picture I'm surprised anyone brought his name up. The whole feud for months has been Hogan vs Bully. And unless Hogan is planning on going through the BFG series, that isn't happening.

Sabin has already said he will cash in the X Division title for a short, and there is much more mileage in Sabin/Bully Ray than Sabin/Sting. With less PPVs it would only be on Impact anyway and will make for a few weeks of decent TV. Bully hit Hardy over the head with a hammer, makes sense there will be one last grudge match when Hardy returns. Roode is one push away from being back in the title picture, his long reign is still fresh in fan's memory so he has plenty of credibility.

Sting can fuck about with AJ just fine without the belt, that doesn't need to be involved at all. Theres no reason for it to be, they have their issue and the title wouldnt make that any more interesting. The possibility of a Hogan and Bully Ray match is the only thing that throws a spanner in Bully Ray keeping the belt.

• Paid Members

This is the last pay-per-view before Bound For Glory. All those supposed challengers are going to have to wrestle on TV. Sabin vs Bully Ray would be a 3 minute matches filled with run ins with the result never in questions, so whats the point? Bobby Roode wont be in the main event picture for a long while (if ever again). He'll have to do the split with Aries and then feud with Aries for months on end before that happens. Sting winning the belt means Bully Ray can be put in the Bound For Glory series and you'll get you Bully vs Hardy pay off and you're AJ vs Bully grudge match in that. TNA has killed all their babyfaces. There's no belief in anyone. If Brooke Hogan turns on Sting and the heels end yet another pay-per-view ending with the heels dastardly laughing their way off the air. One of the reasons nobody buys TNA's pay-per-views is because the people dont ever get the pay off they want. The heroes never prevail in TNA. The heels always end up winning at the big shows. Bully's had it for three months. Its time to freshen this rotten angle up by making the heels show their arse a bit. If there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I'd say Bully should keep it for a while longer. But TNA has hit a brick wall with the babyfaces have zero momentum going against a lame heel group. Something needs to change. And its either going to be Sting winning or Brooke turning. Pick your poison.

Bobby Roode wont be in the main event picture for a long while (if ever again).

Come on man now your chatting shite. Hogan is a big fan and Roode had the longest reign of the title. They've recently signed the bloke to a new contract and he is one of the best on the roster. Once the Aces and Eights angle dies I could see him being back up there with the belt within the next 12 months.

Roode's been cycled out of the main event scene to freshen him up, not because they've lost faith in him. As a heel there's no point in him being in the mix right now, but as soon as they need him he'll be back up there. They don't need to do a big split angle with him and Aries either, as they've not been that sort of tag team, they're two top heels aligning due to mutual need. They can just go into singles feuds as is, and either continue to tag in tag tv main events, or not as required.

I don't think Hogan's going to be able to wrestle a BFG in a singles capacity, so it's probably a tag match (Hogan/Sting v 3-D). That would support Bully losing his title between now and then.

Archived