ppv1_zps140f3b73.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Bully Ray © Vs. Sting

If Sting loses, he cannot challenge for the title again

ppv2_zps6a52f78b.jpg

AJ Styles Vs. Kurt Angle

ppv3a_zps376a92bb.jpg

TNA Tag Team Championship

Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez Vs. Christopher Daniels & Kazarian Vs.

Austin Aries & Bobby Roode Vs. "Cowboy" James Storm & Gunner

ppv4a_zps9921f0d0.jpg

TNA X-Division Championship - Ultimate X Match

Kenny King © Vs. Chris Sabin Vs. Suicide

ppv5_zps572d683a.jpg

TNA Television Championship

Devon © Vs. Joseph Park

ppv6_zps58ebd8dc.jpg

Last Woman Standing

Gail Kim Vs. Taryn Terrell

ppv8_zps38dfd182.jpg

Gut Check Tournament Final

Jay Bradley Vs. Sam Shaw

Winner advances to the Bound For Glory Tournament

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ There's also the Hall of Fame announcement too.

Some fun Slammiversary facts that I stumbled upon recently:

Slammiversary 2013 is going to be the 11th TNA anniversary show. However, the Slammiversary name/PPV was first introduced in 2005 and therefore the first two TNA anniversary shows are not considered an official part of Slammiversary history.

Slammiversary has been held in Orlando (four times), Nashville, Southaven, Auburn Hills, Arlington and now Boston.

AJ Styles is the only wrestler who has wrestled on every Slammiversary show.

If you include this year's show Sting now holds the record for most Slammiversary main events (four). Other notable Slammiversary main eventers include Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Christian Cage who've all been in three Slammiversary main events.

The World Heavyweight Title has headlined all editions of Slammiversary with the exception of 2011 when the main event was Jarrett vs. Angle for the N1 contendership for the World Heavyweight Title.

Sting has been one of the two men in the World Heavyweight Title match at Slammiversary for the last four years now. He lost the previous three years.

Sting and Bully Ray have never wrestled each other in a singles match.

The X Division Title has been defended at Slammiversary seven times (soon to be eight) but has changed hands only once (in 2007, Lethal over Sabin).

Including this year's show, Chris Sabin has now been involved in four X Division Title matches at Slammiversary.

This year's Ultimate X match is going to be the first Ultimate X in Slammiversary history.

Until now the Television/Global/Legends Title had never been defended at Slammiversary.

Taryn vs. Gail is going to be the second Last Knockout Standing match in TNA history (the other one being Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne at Against All Odds 2011).

The only match to happen twice at Slammiversary is Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles.

Kurt Angle has wrestled at Slammiversary six times and has only one loss (to AJ Styles in 2008).

Mr. Anderson is undefeated at Slammiversary (three matches, three wins).

Frankie Kazarian has never won a match at Slammiversary (four matches, four losses)

Notable TNA debuts that have taken place at Slammiversary include Samoa Joe (2005), Jim Cornette (2006) and Tommy Dreamer (2010). Also, Sting made his TNA debut at the first year anniversary show and Jeff Hardy at the second year anniversary show.

• Paid Members

Should be a good card. Last years was stacked from top to bottom and was arguably the best pay-per-view TNA has ever done, so its probably not topping that. AJ and Angle always have good matches. I think there's going to be a Luke Gallows and Mike Knox vs Magnus and Samoa Joe match on there by the way it was set up the other day. I'd have preferred to see Jay Bradley vs Christian York, but because Sam Shaw is terrible. Look at his tattoos for a start.

Sting's winning the belt I imagine. Cant see any other result. And so he should really the Aces and 8s have murdered all the babyfaces, so it only makes sense for the good guys to prevail on this night.

X-Division rules state titles matches are always Triple Threat matches, where the loser of the pin is eliminated from the next Title fight, so if it's A vs B vs C and A pins B, the next match would be A vs C vs D. How does this work with the Ultimate X match? How do you determine who is eliminated from the next match?

Sting's winning the belt I imagine. Cant see any other result. And so he should really the Aces and 8s have murdered all the babyfaces, so it only makes sense for the good guys to prevail on this night.

Completely disagree on this. Sting is too late in his career to be involved with the belt in anything other than a challenger role, him losing is the best result. Sting has no real options after a feud with Bully Ray. Where as Ray still has Abyss, a returning Hardy, Sabin and Styles.

That's enough to keep the belt on him till Bound For Glory and have him drop it to someone like a face Roode

Also from watching IMPACT last night, I'm really looking forward to the 4 way tag team match which will more than likely be the match of the night. One of the areas TNA are very good at is keeping the tag team division fresh and interesting which is great to see. Over the past year or so we've seen James Storm float about, looking shit and being shit. He had his chance at the main event but his showings have shown that he isn't main event worthy yet. Instead TNA has put him with Gunner (who looks cool as fuck) and I really like the pairing between the two. I'm really looking forward to see where they go with this, maybe have them both as beer drinking brutes in a APA style gimmick.

Completely disagree on this. Sting is too late in his career to be involved with the belt in anything other than a challenger role, him losing is the best result. Sting has no real options after a feud with Bully Ray. Where as Ray still has Abyss, a returning Hardy, Sabin and Styles.

That's enough to keep the belt on him till Bound For Glory and have him drop it to someone like a face Roode

much as I'd love to see it, I doubt it :( Really wish they'd have kept Destination X about, if he was holding the X Title he'd be an excellent shout to challenge for the World Title but ah well maybe he'll be in the BFG Series.

Surely Bully is keeping it until BFG? I dont see Sting and his T-Shirt winning the belt. Anyway 2 matches Im looking forward to, the Ultimate X and hopefully Sabin winning will be a great moment and you know that 4 Way Tag Team match is gonna be a belter, the rest I couldnt care less about!

much as I'd love to see it, I doubt it :( Really wish they'd have kept Destination X about, if he was holding the X Title he'd be an excellent shout to challenge for the World Title but ah well maybe he'll be in the BFG Series.

While Destination X is no more "option C" still exists. Storm referenced it on Impact when talking to Sabin - Sabin can win the X Division Title and then trade it in for a World Title shot. In fact, I think that's where things are headed, especially since Sabin's been talking about wanting the World Title eversince he came back. Sabin wins the X Title and gets into a storyline with Bully for a few weeks culminating in a World Title match on Impact. He most likely won't win but this whole sceneario would make for a fresh new match-up and a fun storyline to follow.

X-Division rules state titles matches are always Triple Threat matches, where the loser of the pin is eliminated from the next Title fight, so if it's A vs B vs C and A pins B, the next match would be A vs C vs D. How does this work with the Ultimate X match? How do you determine who is eliminated from the next match?

I'll take a punt and say that the brain trust who thought that rule up didn't have any plans for the future and didn't really think about the rule when they booked the Ultimate X match.

It's such a stupid rule anyway.

• Paid Members

Sting vs AJ and Hogan vs Bully are the obvious feuds they are running with. Bully vs Sabin is worthless, Hardy vs Bully has been done to death and Bully vs Styles hasn't got any legs. Roode is so far away from the main event picture I'm surprised anyone brought his name up. The whole feud for months has been Hogan vs Bully. And unless Hogan is planning on going through the BFG series, that isn't happening.

• Paid Members

I take it nobody else thinks the end of the Styles storyline will be him taking the title from Bully then?

Archived