UKFF FPL Week 42

Fog Dude

UEFA Champions League final

Bayern Munich 1-2 Borussia Dortmund (Saturday 7:45pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Championship play-off final

Crystal Palace 1-3 Watford (Monday 3pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Cup final

Celtic 4-0 Hibernian (3pm, at Hampden Park)

Italian Cup final

Lazio 1-1 Roma (5pm, at the Stadio Olimpico)

Ligue 1 (8pm)

Ajaccio 0-1 Nice

Bastia 1-1 Sochaux

Brest 1-1 Nancy

Girondins de Bordeaux 3-0

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayern Munich 3-1 Borussia Dortmund (Saturday 7:45pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Crystal Palace 2-1 Watford (Monday 3pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Cup final

Celtic 3-1 Hibernian (3pm, at Hampden Park)

Italian Cup final

Lazio 1-2 Roma (5pm, at the Stadio Olimpico)

Ligue 1 (8pm)

Ajaccio 1-1 Nice

Bastia 2-2 Sochaux

Brest 1-0 Nancy

Girondins de Bordeaux 2-0

Bayern Munich 1-2 Borussia Dortmund (Saturday 7:45pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Crystal Palace 1-2 Watford (Monday 3pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Cup final

Celtic 2-0 Hibernian (3pm, at Hampden Park)

Italian Cup final

Lazio 2-1 Roma (5pm, at the Stadio Olimpico)

Ligue 1 (8pm)

Ajaccio 1-0 Nice

Bastia 2-1 Sochaux

Brest 1-0 Nancy

Girondins de Bordeaux 3-0

Crystal Palace 2-1 Watford (Monday 3pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Cup final

Celtic 4-0 Hibernian (3pm, at Hampden Park)

Italian Cup final

Lazio 3-2 Roma (5pm, at the Stadio Olimpico)

Ligue 1 (8pm)

Ajaccio 0-2 Nice

Bastia 2-2 Sochaux

Brest 0-0 Nancy

Girondins de Bordeaux 3-1

Crystal Palace 1 v 1 Watford (Monday 3pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Scottish Cup final

Celtic 2 v 1 Hibernian (3pm, at Hampden Park)

Italian Cup final

Lazio 1 v 2 Roma (5pm, at the Stadio Olimpico)

Ligue 1 (8pm)

Ajaccio 1 v 1 Nice

Bastia 1 v 1 Sochaux

Brest 2 v 1 Nancy

Girondins de Bordeaux 2 v 1

The murcia game hasn't started yet, it actually starts at 4:00 fog dude got the time wrong so you can still predict it.

Cheers, didn't realise that. Will post it below as one game I've predicted on earlier has already started.

Murcia 2 - 1 Ponferradina

The murcia game hasn't started yet, it actually starts at 4:00 fog dude got the time wrong so you can still predict it.

Thanks for letting TUFCfan - and me - know, but I'm fairly certain that wasn't the advertised kick-off time on Wednesday morning when I posted the card. There was an 11 o'clock start in that division today (Recrativo-C

Since niff hasn't played this week, it's denied us any drama at the bottom end of the table. She'd have needed to miss 3 in a row to get herself disqualified, but no dice. Sitting out just the final one won't stop anyone from finishing last.

At the other end, I'm afraid to say... it hasn't quite gone to the wire either. With 2 matches to go in this round, according to my calculations* stunstone has 358 points and ultimo 354 - a lead of 4 points. Which would mean the latter could still take the title, if it weren't for the fact that he picked the same scored in the Championship play-off final as the leader (even if he honestly thinks Palace are going to win, he should've bet on Watford anyway), which means that even if LA Galaxy win 2-1 later, he'll remain a point behind. Any other score in that game and stunstone either keeps his advantage or wins by even more.

I haven't figured out the scores for any of the other 17 participants yet, even myself. I'll do another mini-update with a link to the 'ordinary-style' table sometime after today's Wembley play-off, and a full end-of-season wrap-up, complete with embedded 'one for the record books'-type standings, later in the week.

In the meantime, I'll just leave everyone to congratulate stunstone316 on retaining the FPL title. There are no tangible benefits to winning other than pride, but I guess he can add another year to his sig now. Well played!

* If I'm wrong, Prince Nana or someone can correct me and you can ignore most of the above.

If I'm being honest the only thing I can put the title retention down to is the sporadic patchy form of Liverpool FC prior to the January Transfer Window. Before my D2D came up in December I was languishing in mid table mediocrity but that all changed when I cleaned up by keeping faith with the Reds, everybody else backed a West Ham upset (If I remember correctly?) and the rest is history. It's been great fun again though, and big thanks to Fog Dude for setting this up and putting so much hard work into it each season! Nice One!

That's very honest of you and thougth there is some truth to that. (you were only one point ahead of me at the time and i had already blown my chance.)

you still did well to hold on. other people got theirs right and slid right back down the table again. So that result didn't gaurentee you the win you still had to hold fort so to speak.

Has anyone won while geting their D2D wrong?

Come to think of it, what's stop[p]ing ultimo for changeing his mind and picking Watford before 3pm?

Two things were stopping him. If he'd edited his post, that would've voided all his previous picks and seen him finish 7th. If he'd tried to change his bet by adding it in a new post, that would be an attempt at an underhanded move. At best it just wouldn't count, at worst it might've incurred a points deduction. But he didn't try to do that, so it's no big deal.

Before my D2D came up in December I was languishing in mid[-]table mediocrity but that all changed when I cleaned up by keeping faith with the Reds, everybody else backed a West Ham upset (If I remember correctly?) and the rest is history.

I wouldn't have even put a West Ham win down as much of a shock (your lot lost at home to Villa - Villa! - the following week), but it seemed like everybody took a punt on them that round (Week 18), and you cashed in and never looked back.

Has anyone won while geting their D2D wrong?

Sadly my records don't go into that much detail. Obviously before I took over from Seph, I have no idea. Looking over the winners in the 5 years I've been running this, they all had a decent haul of bonus points, which suggests they probably got their D2Ds right, but doesn't confirm it. In 2010, cheetah held off hbk4life by a point despite having 13 fewer bonuses, but in the other 4 seasons, the champion has had noticeably more bonuses than their nearest challenger.

The importance of bonus points has been even more marked in this campaign. You can't even say it just cost ultimo. Third-placed Rory was only . That's why I'm considering reverting to D2Ds being worth only one point per incorrect pick, rather than two, in contrast to the advice of its creator. Getting rid of D2Ds would make most rounds boring 'ordinary' weeks and render the bonus column virtually worthless, but when something so arbitrary becomes quite as pivotal as it was this time, well... I think it means a change is required.

We'll get back to that in the sign-up thread for next season though. As I've said, there'll be one last round-up post later in the week. In the meantime, any feedback and suggestions are welcome. Plus, if I've made any mistakes when calculating the table, now's also the time to point it out before it goes in the record books.

Big Hand for organizing this, it was my 1st year playing and I really enjoyed it and will return next season for sure

I thought I did quite well actually despite coming 2nd bottom, I was actually just 1 point off from having the most correct results but I rarely got the damn scored correct and my bonus column is 2nd worst in the league, so I was great and predicting who would win just not how

Good fun though and again well done on the organisation of the whole thing

• Paid Members
The importance of bonus points has been even more marked in this campaign. You can't even say it just cost ultimo. Third-placed Rory was only . That's why I'm considering reverting to D2Ds being worth only one point per incorrect pick, rather than two, in contrast to the advice of its creator. Getting rid of D2Ds would make most rounds boring 'ordinary' weeks and render the bonus column virtually worthless, but when something so arbitrary becomes quite as pivotal as it was this time, well... I think it means a change is required.

That change is to negate Stunstone's ridiculous single-week haul by giving even less of an incentive to go against a particular team when chance means it could be the most profitable to do so when that team comes around? I do understand the dilemma, but as getting 3 points on one game is enough of a crapshoot (I was joint-5th-bottom for the season and - no diss intended - you were dead last) 33% of two extra points with risk seems quite attractive to someone looking to catch up.

Great job running this again. Given the way my job's going I wonder how I ever had the concentration to run this in the first place :laugh:

Archived