Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Dazz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Fire Pro Wrestling Returns any good, always looked like it was kind of slow paced to me, but seems highly regarded.

I would like to get it on PS if I thought I could get into.

Once you learn how to play it and get your timing down it's actually really fun. You get longer and more realistic matches with an 800+ roster. Well worth the $10 it is. Im picking up Fire Pro G also this week from the Japanese PSN store as it has a career mode.

Is Fire Pro Wrestling Returns any good, always looked like it was kind of slow paced to me, but seems highly regarded.

Once you learn how to play it and get your timing down it's actually really fun. You get longer and more realistic matches with an 800+ roster. Well worth the $10 it is. Im picking up Fire Pro G also this week from the Japanese PSN store as it has a career mode.

I might consider getting it then as Ive wanted a wrestling game tat had more depth to it then the current WWE games.

I'd love to get Fire Pro G if it has a career mode, but dunno if I'd be able to get into it with it being in Japanese.

I might consider getting it then as Ive wanted a wrestling game tat had more depth to it then the current WWE games.

I'd love to get Fire Pro G if it has a career mode, but dunno if I'd be able to get into it with it being in Japanese.

The Japanese games are a little tougher to get into, but there are great translations around to aid you on your way.

I'm obviously not doing something right when it comes to getting any edits to work.

I've managed to get the game from the US PSN with no problem, but every time I download an edit from fireproboard or elsewhere and follow their instructions, all I get is a "save data is corrupted" message followed by a load of numbers.

How do you actually get the edits to work on this?

I'm obviously not doing something right when it comes to getting any edits to work.

I've managed to get the game from the US PSN with no problem, but every time I download an edit from fireproboard or elsewhere and follow their instructions, all I get is a "save data is corrupted" message followed by a load of numbers.

I haven't done it myself yet as my bro has the ps3 at uni however

here's a tutorial i found online (courtesy of FPWArena)

I should be able to assist once I try it myself

Step 1

Copy your save file from your PSN copy via the Save Data Utility on the PS3. Or, extract the PS3_directory.zip to the main directory of your FAT32-format USB drive. That should leave you with a PS3 folder in that directory.

Step 2

If you want the .VME to act as your base save/memory card 1, make sure it's named SCEVMC0.VME, if you want it to be memory card 2, make sure it's named SCEVMC1.VME.

Step 3

Navigate within that folder, you'll find EXPORT folder, navigate within there and you'll find folder PS2SD, navigate inside there and you'll find NPUD21702. Enter into it, and place the .VME file within there, overwriting the currently existing one.

If you copied your data from your PSN copy, overwriting will DELETE the entire virtual memory card and whatever data you have. Make sure you have backups or don't need the current data!

Step 4

Should be good to go at that point.

can you see the save in the Saved Data Utility (PS2) menu

Yeah, that appears just fine, I've been following loads of guides that tell me to copy their file "SCEVMC1" over my original "SCEVMC1" and then copy back from my USB to the Saved Data Utility (PS2). The saved file shows up, so I copy it, then I'm told that my data is corrupt. I'm just trying to get the DJKM Starter Pack from FireProClub to work.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone can put up a step-by-step guide for noobs, I'd be grateful. I only seem to be able to find guides for people who already know what they're doing.

Edit: The above guide still doesn't work. I'm totally clueless with this stuff. I'll just play the game with the defaults. Thanks anyways.

I got this downloaded yesterday. Tremendous game. Just the way matches build up is so much fun.

Just a thought for the guy above, one forum I saw were making saves as ps3 or ps2, so maybe some saves won't work with the ps3 version?

I got this downloaded yesterday. Tremendous game. Just the way matches build up is so much fun.

Just a thought for the guy above, one forum I saw were making saves as ps3 or ps2, so maybe some saves won't work with the ps3 version?

Just to clarify - Only PS3 format PS2 saves work with the PSN version. NOT PS2 save.

To use any of the saves on this page http://wrestlingwithparenthood.net/fpr/ you need to:

1) Download the save you want.

2) Copy your existing save to a USB stick.

3) Copy the downloaded files onto your USB stick in place of the exiting save (its a few folders deep, but easy enough to find).

4) Copy new save from USB back to PS3.

Cant you use a debit card on the US Store, is there some kind of block if it's a UK card?

Don't quote me on this, but i believe if your card is registered to a UK address it will fail. This is the case with the Japanese PSN store, so i expect it's the same with the US one. I beieve you can buy instant delivery codes via Amazon however if you're using a UK card, so that might be worth a look. If not, there's plenty of sites to get what you want. Ive bought from both the US and Japanese stores and it's a problem free process.

Some extra help if you want to toy with multiple save files (from the FireProClub forums):

1.) I took two different packs, I made 2012 Summer World Pack my main save renaming it on my thumbdrive, SCEMVC0.VME, all you are doing here is switching the 1 to a zero. When you open the file, or unzip the file you will see SCEMVC1.VME. I just renamed it SCEMVC0.VME. Then I placed it in my PS3/Export folder, which by now you should know how to do that.

2.) I took an MMA pack, and just copied it to the location where I saved my Summer Pack. I did not change any of this, so I now have SCEMVCO.VME and SCEMVC1.VME.

3.) Once I did this I put the thumbdrive in my PS3, and I went to the PS2 Data Saved Utility and copied it to my PS3.

4.) This is what confused me. NO MATTER WHAT, you will only have one Fire Pro Returns Icon in your Saved Data Utility. I thought there were going to be two, and so that always confused me no matter what.

5.) Turn on the game, go to wrestler edit, and you can load Memory Card 2, and you will have your second edit pack so you can add to your Memory Card 1 edit. So for example, my Memory Card 1 was 2012 Summer Real World Pack, and my Memory Card 2 was an MMA pack. Add what you want to your Memory Card One save.

6.) Now here is the important part if you want to continue to add edit packs to your Memory Card One Save. BEFORE you take your thumbdrive out of the PS3, copy your PS3 save back to your thumbdrive. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS! COPY YOUR PS3 SAVE TO THUMBDRIVE!

7.) Put thumbdrive into computer, and now copy and paste any SCEMVC1.VME file to your PS3/export folder. Do not overwrite SCEMVC0.VME save. If you do that you erase your base/orginal save.

8.) Take back on PS3, put Thumbdrive in PS3, copy your file to the save data utility for PS2, and again remember you will only have one Fire Pro Returns Logo, saying there is a save in the Utlity.

9.) Start up Fire Pro, go to edit wrestlers, and your new pack should be in Memory Card 2.

I always wanted this when it came out but never got round to getting it. Having read this thread my interest in it has been renewed so I've bought a $10 psn card ready to get it later.

In the meantime I installed the PS2 emulator on my laptop and played it that way. I think I'm going to enjoy it, but I have no idea what I'm doing thus far.

It's all in the timing and working the match. Low level moves, then mid level moves, then high level moves. Trying to nail stronger moves before your opponent is weakened mostly results in reversals. Once you've got that down you'll do fine.

Archived