Free online weekly wrestling TV

JNLister

• Paid Members

What with it being the future and stuff, I thought it might be a good idea to put together a list of free weekly TV that you can watch online legally (as opposed to torrents etc) and pretend we have no excuse for moaning about what's on.

Here's what I've for:

WWE: Nothing but clips as far as I know. Hulu Plus has full shows (except Raw is cut down) but that's paid and US only.

TNA: Clips only, plus exclusive interviews and "Inside Impact" segments on YouTube.

UFC: Nothing weekly, but preview shows are put on UFC.TV and some undercard fights are shown live at facebook.com/ufc

ROH: TV shown for free (with registration) at rohwrestling.com from the Thursday after Saturday broadcast. If you pay to be a ringside member, you get it on the Monday,.

CMLL: Arena Coliseo show live, Sunday at 11pm UK time, www.terra.com.mx (you'll need to follow a link to the Deportes section)

OVW: TV shown at OVWrestling.com from the Thursday after Saturday broadcast.

Chikara: Podcast-a-go-go (clips and previews) at Chikarawrestling.com or on iTunes

ICW (Scotland): TV show ICW Worldwide at http://www.youtube.com/user/ICWOnline. New episodes weeklyish.

So what else we got?

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon this post on another forum and since it fits this topic here quite nicely I'll just go ahead and paste it. Weekly indy wrestling TV shows that you can watch online for free:

Traditional Championship Wrestling (Arkansas) - One of the best indy promotions around in terms of production value. In recent months names such as DDP, Scott Steiner, Tommy Dreamer, Chris Masters, Carlito and others have been featured on their show in addition to their solid core roster.

Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (California) - Some of the best SoCal talent compete here - Adam Pearce, Willie Mack, Scorpio Sky, Shaun Ricker, Brian Cage, etc.

Ohio Valley Wrestling (Kentucky) - TNA's developmental territory. With over 700 episodes, this may be the longest running indy wrestling TV series around. The roster is a mix of OVW-trained talent and TNA developmental talent.

Portland Wrestling Uncut (Oregon) - And speaking of long running wrestling TV shows, this is a restart of the longest running wrestling TV show in US history (Portland Wrestling TV ran for 38 years before it got cancelled in 1991). Like with the original version, Roddy Piper is helping run the show. He's an on-air commissioner of sorts and does commentary too. Wrestling legend The Grappler is part of the show as well. Piper's son, Colt Toombs, is one of the featured wrestlers. The show has a real old school vibe to it as it's shot in a small TV studio like wrestling used to be shot back in the day.

Reality of Wrestling (Texas) - Booker T's promotion featuring a lot of the students from his wrestling school.

Resistance Pro Wrestling (Illinois) - Not a weekly show but they have a monthly one-hour TV show. Smashing Pumpkins' singer Billy Corgan is the creative director of R-Pro and Raven is the head agent. The promotion features a lot of good up-and-coming talent. Outside names like Jake Roberts, Vader, Kharma, Bobby Lashley, John Morrison, etc. have worked for R-Pro in recent times as well.

NWA Southern All Star Wrestling (Tennessee) - This has been the top Tennessee wrestling promotion in recent years. The roster includes names like Wolfie D, Kahagas, Vordell Walker, King Shane Williams, Jocephus Brody and other good local talent.

Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas) - One of the more solid indy promotions around.

PRIME Wrestling (Ohio) - Another very solid indy promotion. Matt Cross, Johnny Gargano, Facade, Gregory Iron and Krimson are some of the top names on the roster.

Future Stars of Wrestling (Nevada) - Yet another very solid promotion. Episodes are uploaded with a few weeks delay. Disco Inferno (as an announcer), Kenny King, Michael Modest, Al Katrazz, Reno Scum, etc. are all part of the roster.

Anarchy Wrestling (Georgia) - One of the longest running indy TV shows around. Previously known as NWA Anarchy and NWA Wildside, Anarchy Wrestling has been responsible for producing a lot of wrestlers that have went onto WWE and TNA fame. Old school style product. NWA Wildside episodes from the early 2000s are also being uploaded on a weekly basis.

World Xtreme Wrestling (Florida) - Afa the Wild Samoan's promotion. Has produced talent that have become stars in WWE and WCW.

NWA Smoky Mountain (Tennessee) - An up-and-coming Tennessee promotion that has been picking up steam lately.

Canadian Wrestling Elite (Manitoba, Canada) - One of the very few Canadian promotions with TV right now.

New England Championship Wrestling (Massachusetts) - One of the first, if not the first, promotions to start putting its shows online.

Monster Factory Pro Wrestling (New Jersey) - Larry Sharpe's Monster Factory school has produced a lot of names that have went on to become big stars and now the Monster Factory is producing it's own TV show.

Impact Zone Wrestling (Oklahoma) - Decent enough. All local names.

CMLL: Arena Coliseo show live, Sunday at 6pm UK time, www.terra.com.mx (you'll need to follow a link to the Deportes section)

You mean 11pm right? Or has the time changed and I haven't read about it. That's a genuine question, I love that show.

AAA uploads quite a bit on their channel, a long version of their main show (that I guess will turn into the Evolution show sooner or later) and their Fusion 'B' show. Tercera Caida upload shows every now and then, including the Ray Mendoz retirement tournament show that's on there right now. Cadena Tres uploads the odd CMLL match that they broadcast, they used to upload more but haven't for the past few weeks, not sure why. I've probably missed something.

• Paid Members
Traditional Championship Wrestling (Arkansas) - One of the best indy promotions around in terms of production value. In recent months names such as DDP, Scott Steiner, Tommy Dreamer, Chris Masters, Carlito and others have been featured on their show in addition to their solid core roster.

This one looks great fun. The fact that they've used WWE's "Don't Try This At Home" screen and just stuck their logo over the WWE one promises a lot, and the opening match being Bushwhacker Luke vs. a guy doing a dog gimmick managed by a cartoon gangster (think the Anthill Mob in live action)? I'm sold.

New England Championship Wrestling (Massachusetts) - One of the first, if not the first, promotions to start putting its shows online.

I was just going to post this one. Havent had chance to watch it for a couple of years but in the early 00's it had Jody Fleisch and Doug Williams on it and was a starting point for some WWE lower carders like Antonio Thomas (from the Heart Throbs for those who don't remember) and some of the best womens talent in the states over the last few years like Nikki Roxx (classing her as one of the best for his Shimmer stuff not her whole TNA Roxxi shambles) & Mercades Martinez. Definitely worse ways to spend half an hour than watching this.

WWE: Nothing but clips as far as I know. Hulu Plus has full shows (except Raw is cut down) but that's paid and US only.

Just to elaborate on this a little. WWE show their PPV pre-shows (and now post-shows also) on their YouTube channel live. But these can be viewed still months after the events.

In regards to Hulu, it is possible to have the service in the uk via an XBox or PS3 (and a little technical no how and effort). I've had the service for 6 months or so now. It features Smackdown, the 90min version of Raw (the only show that gets cut down on the service), NXT, Main Event and Superstars. These appear on the service 24hrs after original broadcast. They also have a back catalouge you can view featuring years of (WW)ECW, every episode ever of NXT (including it's original format), a few years of Smackdown etc. Lucha Libre USA is also tucked away on Hulu.

Archived