UKFF FPL Week 41

Fog Dude

Premier League (4pm)

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Sunderland

League One play-off final

Brentford 2-0 Yeovil Town (1:30pm, at Wembley Stadium)

SPL (12:45pm)

Ross County 1-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone 0-2 Motherwell

Serie A (7:45pm)

Pescara 0-1 Fiorentina

Siena 0-3 Milan

Primeira Liga (6:30pm)

Benfica 3-0 Moreirense

Pa

• Paid Members

Premier League (4pm)

Chelsea 3-1 Everton

Newcastle United 0-4 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Sunderland

St Johnstone 0-2 Motherwell

Pescara 0-2 Fiorentina

Siena 1-3 Milan

Benfica 3-0 Moreirense

Pa

Premier League (4pm)

Chelsea 2 v 1 Everton

Newcastle United 1 v 2 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 2 v 1 Sunderland

Brentford 2 v 1 Yeovil Town (1:30pm, at Wembley Stadium)

Ross County 1 v 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone 1 v 2 Motherwell

Pescara 1 v 2 Fiorentina

Siena 1 v 2 Milan

Benfica 2 v 1 Moreirense

Pa

Premier League (4pm)

Chelsea 1-0 Everton

Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Sunderland

Ross County 1-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone 1-1 Motherwell

Pescara 0-1 Fiorentina

Siena 0-3 Milan

Benfica 2-0 Moreirense

Pa

Premier League (4pm)Chelsea 2-0 EvertonNewcastle United 0-3 ArsenalTottenham Hotspur 1-1 SunderlandLeague One play-off finalBrentford 2-1 Yeovil Town (1:30pm, at Wembley Stadium)SPL (12:45pm)Ross County 2-1 Inverness Caledonian ThistleSt Johnstone 1-0 MotherwellSerie A (7:45pm)Pescara 1-1 FiorentinaSiena 0-2 MilanPrimeira Liga (6:30pm)Benfica 3-0 MoreirensePa

Premier League (4pm)

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Newcastle United 0-3 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Sunderland

St Johnstone 1-3 Motherwell

Pescara 1-1 Fiorentina

Siena 0-4 Milan

Benfica 3-0 Moreirense

Pa

Just been updating the table while Extreme Rules was on (no spoilers here in Off Topic, obviously - but that tells you how much it held my attention). In a high-scoring week, the gap at the top has been extended to 10. That's not ideal in terms of the final round being interesting, but with a bumper week to come, the lead is far from unassailable.

Not sure yet how many extra fixtures there'll be, as I'm busy scouring the continent looking for suitable matches. We won't stoop as low as the Luxembourg league again, but I say 'continent' as the only non-European games should be the MLS ones I already earmarked a while back. The challenger probably rates that division as an even lower standard than the aforementioned Grand Duchy's top flight though, so it doesn't exactly favour him.

Full round-up for this week coming in a few days anyway.

A high-scoring round this time out then, headed by snowman who achieved the rare feat of getting all 10 results right. Although only two of those were exact scores, his 14-point haul was enough to make him top scorer for the week. I can't recall if anyone's managed this distinction in the 5 years (!) I've been running this, but there should certainly be some sort of bonus reward in place from next season onwards, in case it happens again. At the other end of the scoring spectrum was El Espanacas with a still-respectable 5 points. Seems he paid the price for picking earlier than usual. I already addressed the title race in the previous post

Many participants were into double figures, but the biggest obstacle to even higher scores appears to have been the Scottish matches. Most expected Inverness to win the Highland derby in Dingwall, and for Motherwell to do them a favour at McDiarmid Park regardless. In fact, two home wins were the order of the day, with few guessing those outcomes.

The triumph for Yeovil at Wembley, which made The Glovers the top team in the Westcountry and first ever side from Somerset in the top 2 divisions of English football, evenly split players - two people cruelly thought Brentford would be put through penalties yet again, although not going up at all will arguably feel worse for Uwe's men and their supporters.

Pretty much all 7 other outcomes went according to plan, and a majority took advantage. Straightforward wins for Porto's invincibles and Chelsea were best for exact scorelines, while narrower victories for Arsenal and Spurs also proved fruitful for one-pointers. Benfica's comeback to beat Moreirense wasn't enough to take the Portuguese championship, but it was useful for the odd FPL point... and it relegated the visitors in the process too.

Of the results that appeared obvious beforehand, Italy's games came closest to throwing a spanner in the works. First, the margin of Fiorentina's win at stone-bottom Pescara meant that nobody got 3 points from that match, whilst Siena almost helped out their Tuscan rivals by leading AC Milan for over an hour, before the referee received instructions to the contrary from Berlusconi et al away side staged a stirring and fully deserved fightback to take their rightful place in the Champions League for next year.

OK, so we'd better get straight on with the last thread of the season now. I make no apologies for my fixture selections!

Archived