Bruce Hart

IANdrewDiceClay

He tried to be like a faster, midgetized version of Hulk Hogan. A shitter version of Owen Hart doing a Kerry Von Erich firey babyface style. Bret and Owen worked their own style suited for their size and against the style of opponents they worked. Where as Bruce was like a short bloke who thought he was the Ultimate Warrior. Which if you are booking the territory, you'd expect from him. He'd get a kicking until the point where he said "fuck this" and eventually won.

Did he still wrestle the same way when Stu or whoever was booking the territory, and when he wrestled in other places? ...Actually, did he ever wrestle much anywhere besides Stampede?

• Paid Members

I dont know if his style changed. I can only go on what I saw of him. His tag matches in the WWF in 93/94 were just dressing for when Bret got the hot tag, so he never did any of that shit in the WWF (unless he was there for a one off and decided to get himself over). Outside Stampede he booked a indy fed in the US called "UCW" in the mid-90s which consisted on a one show storyline that was a rip off of the nWo. All the way down to the t-shirts and ex-WWF names.

MartyjannettybrucehartjimneidharttatankaUCW.jpg

According to wikipedia:

Bruce Hart was instrumental in the development of the young talent of the UCW.[citation needed]

Just been reading his Wikipedia page.

Based upon what people have said about him here, I found his comments on Chris Benoit to be particularly amusing, especially the part about how wrestlers can't differentiate between real life and the characters they play on screen.

In a June 29, 2007 interview for "The Calgary Sun", Bruce Hart commented that Chris Benoit was a "delusional juice freak", saying he was not surprised at all by the recent actions, involving the murder of his wife, and son. "The last time I saw him he was in pretty rough shape mentally", said Bruce Hart. He also said "I didn't know all the details, but I knew it wasn't good. I was not at all shocked [by what happened]." "I've known too many wrestlers who couldn't separate the character they play on television from their real life," said Hart, who has wrestled professionally, promoted wrestling and trained wrestlers all his life. "Wrestlers start believing their press clippings and what is said on television. It's like an actor leaving the set, but still playing the part. There's a delusional element to this. I've seen it over and over again. Some people can't separate the character from real life, and Chris was one of those people." Hart was also deeply angered that World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit on Monday Night Raw before they learned Benoit had been responsible for the deaths of his family. "I kept hearing 'He was a nice guy, a great guy.' For them to do a tribute show was disgraceful."

I'm sure I read somewhere that Teddy Hart was/is quite close to his Uncle Bruce. I know he helped to train him but I wonder what else he picked up from him?

Has Bruce ever trained anyone who went on to do anything in the business, or has it all been marks? I'm sure a few years ago there was a report floating around about his "training" sessions and how shit they were.

Has Bruce ever trained anyone who went on to do anything in the business, or has it all been marks? I'm sure a few years ago there was a report floating around about his "training" sessions and how shit they were.

I'm sure I read in a Lion's Tale that Chris Jericho paid him a shitload of money to be part of the "Hart Brothers Wrestling School", and he showed up for one day of the whole camp and didn't actually help one bit. Might have been a different Hart, but it definitely feels like Bruce.

I'm sure I read in a Lion's Tale that Chris Jericho paid him a shitload of money to be part of the "Hart Brothers Wrestling School", and he showed up for one day of the whole camp and didn't actually help one bit. Might have been a different Hart, but it definitely feels like Bruce.

He was probably busy working as a door to door snake oil salesman.

• Paid Members
Got his book. Love him. Just a cartoon character. The whole book is about how he was on the bones of his arse and every wrestling tragedy wasn't as bad as his life, because "they at least drove a sports car, eh?" His story about suggesting a different finish for the Bret vs Vince match and saying Vince and Triple H told him it was a great idea was the most obvious lie in wrestling history. He came up with a finish that had HHH running in and Shawn making the save, thus having a Triple H heel turn and a Shawn run in on the night HBK was going to retire. No fucking way would they have thought that was a good idea. Off his tits. But hilarious at the same time. There's bitter and there's funny bitter. He falls in the latter. He reminds me of that unlucky old man character in the Fast Show. Each chapter should have ended with "oh bugger". He tells another story about getting into an argument backstage at a WWF event with Blackjack Lanza and Lanza finishing it with "I'm not going to take this from a Goddamn school teacher". Even when Bruce is telling the story, he seems to come off the worst.

Preston City Wrestling should definitely book him. He'd be cheaper than most imports. Anyone should book him. I'd go.

based on this alone im buying the book.

Found this page advertising the training http://www.angelfire.com/nc/Hart7Beat/school.html

Bret on twitter in 2011

Do any of his brothers still train wrestlers?: "My brother Bruce pretends to, but it's more a school where you learn everything not to do. My brother Smith has a school in Barrie, Ontario"

Who created The Sharpshooter?: "Sure as hell not my brother Bruce."

I'm sure I heard a story fairly recently that Bruce had been using Bret Harts name to get free tickets for things and then just showing up himself.

I said this about Bruce Harts book in a thread a few years back:

Bruce pretty much tries to take credit for every great idea, angle and gimmick every invented, every good thing in wrestling was based on something he done back in Stampede. Bruce would like us believe that most of Bret's success was down to him also, from the sunglasses and the leather jacket look which Bruce invented to the success of Bret's column in the Calgary Sun newspaper which Bruce ghost wrote. Yes, Bruce claims that it was not until Bret's (his) column appeared in a Calgary only publication that The Hitman's career really took off. He claims he ghost wrote this stuff for Bret for years which may be true but to claim that column as a significant factor in Bret's rise is ridiculous.

Speaking of Bret, Bruce writes that after Owens death he received a call from Bret and Bret claimed that Owen's accident was orchestrated by Vince McMahon to get back at Bret for Montreal. Yes, Bret claims that Vince deliberately had Owen killed. Has anyone EVER heard this claimed before? We all know how bitter Bret was at the time but would he REALLY claim Vince had Owen killed?

Bruce states that HE named David Smith "Davey Boy Smith". Was this not a mess up on Davey's birth certificate or is that the urban legend?

I couldn't help laugh when Bruce said that Bret Hart Vs Davey Boy Smith at Summerslam 91 "lasted nearly one entire hour". I thought Bret's exaggeration was bad!

Bruce takes many unnecessary pot shots at Vince and the WWE whilst also showing how completely out of touch he is with today's product, for example he talks about when one of his brothers was booking Stampede (business was ALWAYS down without Bruce in charge) and how the fans were getting totally burnt out by excessive blood loss every week and how today's WWE should take this as a warning. Bruce obviously doesn't realise that WWE has not had excessive blood loss in what, 3 or 4 years?

EDIT

Just remembered, Bruce also had 2 or 3 runs in WWF/WWE nixed by his beloved brother Bret. The last one was after Canadian Stampede PPV, Bruce was scheduled to be on RAW the following night to start a programme with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin but Bret talked Vince out of it. The reason? Bret was annoyed that Bruce allowed all the Hart family members into the ring at the close of the Stampede PPV. Bret was supposedly pissed that they stole his thunder. Yep.

• Paid Members

Yeah, surely Austin vs Owen was always the plan when you look at the finish of the 10 man at Canadian Stampede.

I know Bret has said before that the Bret vs Owen feud in early 1994 was originally supposed to be Bret vs Bruce. He said that was Vince's original idea but Bret wasn't keen on the brother vs brother angle and said if he was going to do it at all it would be with Owen because he was a better worker. So Bret nixed Bruce there.

Archived