Bruce Hart

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Got his book. Love him. Just a cartoon character. The whole book is about how he was on the bones of his arse and every wrestling tragedy wasn't as bad as his life, because "they at least drove a sports car, eh?" His story about suggesting a different finish for the Bret vs Vince match and saying Vince and Triple H told him it was a great idea was the most obvious lie in wrestling history. He came up with a finish that had HHH running in and Shawn making the save, thus having a Triple H heel turn and a Shawn run in on the night HBK was going to retire. No fucking way would they have thought that was a good idea. Off his tits. But hilarious at the same time. There's bitter and there's funny bitter. He falls in the latter. He reminds me of that unlucky old man character in the Fast Show. Each chapter should have ended with "oh bugger". He tells another story about getting into an argument backstage at a WWF event with Blackjack Lanza and Lanza finishing it with "I'm not going to take this from a Goddamn school teacher". Even when Bruce is telling the story, he seems to come off the worst.

Preston City Wrestling should definitely book him. He'd be cheaper than most imports. Anyone should book him. I'd go.

• Paid Members

Was he any good? My only exposure to him has been his odd WWE appearance. He always seemed even more of a loose cannon than Brian Pillman but I really know nothing about him.

Was he any good? My only exposure to him has been his odd WWE appearance. He always seemed even more of a loose cannon than Brian Pillman but I really know nothing about him.

I only know of him through the WWF appearances (where he does seem to be trying to get himself over at the expense of the story every single time) and Bret's book. Based on those two things, my impression of him is that he's a buffoon who can't do anything but thinks he can do everything.

I only know of him through the WWF appearances (where he does seem to be trying to get himself over at the expense of the story every single time) and Bret's book. Based on those two things, my impression of him is that he's a buffoon who can't do anything but thinks he can do everything.
I am just reading the History of Stampede Wrestling book, which is really good by the way, and you do get a similar impression of Bruce - almost like Vince Russo in one respect, in that he had some good ideas and a lot of bad ideas, and needed a filter to siphon the crap out... but he's not the worst Hart brother though - that one must go to Smith - never heard anyone say anything positive about him, even his cameo in Jericho's second book is just bizarre - was good to see him at WM26 though...

I remember when he was in the ring during the Bret v Vince match he was just clearly, clearly trying to get himself over as being cool. It was brilliantly tragic. IIRC he did exactly the same thing during the Bret v Owen cage match.Even though I recognise him, the first thing you think is always "who's that plonker, what does he think he's going?"

Got that book too. Agree with most Ian said, he's an absolute spanner. He's always been a mark for himself, see Summerslam 93 and Canadian Stampede for example. Jumping the gun and trying to steal the spotlight.

He's fuck all the more I think about it. If you believe him, everyone was after him to be their star man or booker. Talk shite. He ripped Bishoff for done nothing for WCW. That a laugh. He has a cheek to call Bret a mark for himself. At least Bret has a case.

Only saw him wrestle a couple of time, he looked shite then

hartbros2.jpg

and he looks shite now

hartbruce.jpg

• Paid Members

I saw some of his Stampede matches way back, and he was a quite reasonable low to mid card quality wrestler. Did not have the talent of Brett or Owen, but taken out of the hart mix, he could hold his own in a variety of matches.

• Paid Members

He tried to be like a faster, midgetized version of Hulk Hogan. A shitter version of Owen Hart doing a Kerry Von Erich firey babyface style. Bret and Owen worked their own style suited for their size and against the style of opponents they worked. Where as Bruce was like a short bloke who thought he was the Ultimate Warrior. Which if you are booking the territory, you'd expect from him. He'd get a kicking until the point where he said "fuck this" and eventually won.

Archived