Most Star Studded Wrestling event

Who are these "most people?"

Scott_Keith.jpg

That you? For all the shite you talk, you're the one with over 10 thousand posts in a wrestling forum in the past four years. People have opinions, you have yours, I have mine. But don't pigeonhole people, if anyone on here is a social reject, it's you.

WM19 was a show I enjoyed, but looking through the card, you can see why it didn't do so well (if it didn't). There wasn't very much on it that was going to be exciting to people other than those who watch regularly and would probably have been buying it anyway. It's not like Angle/Lesnar, for example, would've been drawing in the casuals to any significant extent.

Was Hogan/Austin never suggested this time round? That, with Rock/HBK would've been something else, even if I did enjoy what we did get, particularly Jericho/HBK, and Hogan/Vince was a lot of fun too.

For the shouts of Royal Rumble 92, you'd probably be better off with Wrestlemania 8 as it has practically everyone of note from the Rumble on it, with the addition of Bret and the Warrior. I guess you could argue for the star power of some midcarders in the Rumble who were big territory names from bygone years, but I don't think any of them compare to the stature of the two I mentioned on the worldwide stage.

That you?

No, it's Scott Keith. I've got more of a beard, and worse hair.

For all the shite you talk, you're the one with over 10 thousand posts in a wrestling forum in the past four years. People have opinions, you have yours, I have mine.

No you don't. You have Fin Martin's.

• Paid Members
Google it yourself and you'll see OPINIONS going back to 2003 saying as much

Oh well, if the people on the internet, in 2003, were saying that Hogan vs McMahon being the hottest feud in the lead-in to Wrestlemania is the reason all the other matches on the card failed to draw interest, then who am I to say otherwise?

Argument conceded.

• Paid Members

'Mania XX rivals 'Mania XIX for me.

While it doesn't have Hogan, it does have a massive wedge of stars (for different reasons) that didn't wrestle at 'Mania XIX. The biggest being Goldberg, Rob Van Dam for the ECW hardcore fans, Ultimo Dragon for the Puro marks, Ron Simmons the first black World Champion, Sable the biggest Diva of the Attitude Era, the Dudley Boys, the most decorated tag team of all time, and it has Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista all in the same match.

And most importantly, Chavo Classic.

• Paid Members
Was watching a bit of Wrestlemania 19 last night, and was thinking has there ever been a more stacked card than this?

You have Rock, Austin, Hogan, Vince, HBK, HHH, Angle, Lesnar, Taker, Eddie, Jericho, Mysterio & The Big Show all working the same card.

What else do you think comes close to that line up?

Depends what you class as stacked?

The Weekly Pro Dome show from the Tokyo Dome on 2 April 1995 features Devil Masami, Aja Kong, Manami Toyota, Terry Funk, Cactus Jack, Akira Maeda, Nobuhiko Takada, Atsushi Onita, Mitsuharu Misawa, Stan Hansen, Kenta Kobashi, Toshiaki Kawada, Shinya Hashimoto and Masa Chono.

Yeah but talking about Japanese wrestling is hella' boring.

Japanese wrestling star:

Maeda.jpg

Proper wrestling star:

savage1_7104.jpg

Ohhhh yeaaaaahhhhh!

• Paid Members

For a single match, you dont have to look further than Fall Brawl 98's War Games match. DDP, Roddy Piper and The Ultimate Warrior vs Kevin Nash, Lex Luger and Sting vs Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and ... errr ... Stevie Ray. 8 wrestlers on 7 figure contracts = the worst match in wrestling history. You can see why WCW died looking at the money spent and the quality they put out on this night.

Has to be Mania 19 for me it had someone fron every era from the 80's (Hogan, Flair, Piper), to early to mid 90's (Taker, HBK) to the late 90's (Austin, Rock, HHH and Vince), Early 2000s (Y2J, Angle, Benoit, Eddie) and then the future (at the time) represented by Brock.

WM19 had more of the top level talent but WMXX had the wider range of stars. Future headliners like Orton, Cena and Batista, big WCW and ECW names like Goldberg, Booker-T and RVD, plus all the usual top WWE names. Also there was the attitude era talent like 2 Cool and the Dudleyz still hanging around who were crazy over in their day.

There was a lot more garbage than WM19 though, Basham Brothers, Jindrak + Cade, Miss Jackie, Rob Conway and the like stinking up the midcard.

• Paid Members
There was a lot more garbage than WM19 though, Basham Brothers, Jindrak + Cade, Miss Jackie, Rob Conway and the like stinking up the midcard.

That's probably because they squeezed everybody they could onto the card. The two tag title matches and Cruiserweight Open squeezed 26 wrestlers into three matches, for example. Bound to be some dross.

Archived