The Top 100 Matches You Have To See

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

This is a little project I fancy having a stab with, it may not work but I'm up for giving it a go. Brought it up in paid and people seem keen. Dann Read started a thread like this a good few years ago but it never came to fruition, which I was always a little gutted about as I liked the sound of it.

So here's what I'm looking for - compiling a list of the top 100 matches that you feel need to be seen by any wrestling fan, that not enough people have seen, as voted for and of the opinion of the UKFF. I'd like to broaden my horizons a little bit more and discover some different wrestling, be it past or present.

The idea here is for us to share some wrestling and help introduce each other to forms of wrestling we may have missed, or would have never considered checking out. Use your common sense, Undertaker vs Mankind in Hell in a Cell would definitely qualify as a match you have to see, but we have all seen it, so don't be submitting and voting for that sort of thing. Hoping for the list to be filled with - hidden gems, amazing Lucha, great BritWres, the best of DragonGate, indie brilliance, house show rarities, awesome stuff from Japan and suchlike, hopefully you get the idea. Not to say don't submit anything from the likes of WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA at all, also be great to unearth some hidden gems from any of them that may have been missed by many - under-rated classics, forgotten/hidden Raw treats, must see Squashes. It would be great to get a real variety featured - stuff from WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA, Indie outfits, Japan, Mexico, Britwres, Deathmatches, OVW, NXT, PWG,AWA, UWF, stuff from way back when, stuff from today. Be it because its an incredible match , there's an amazing move or sequence, be it hilarious, hilariously bad, surreal, features a wrestler that needs to be seen or discovered - any reason you feel qualifies it as a match that needs to be seen, yet not enough have probably seen it.

The list won't be a list of the 100 best matches, with 1 being the very best and 100 being the least best, simply a collection of 100 matches that need to be experienced by a wrestling fan. Despite that, I'd still be wanting submissions to be ranked in order of what you consider to be most worthy of the list. This is simply in order to decide what qualifies and makes the list. There will be probably be very few matches voted for more than once if this goes how I hope it goes.

If you would like to take part please send your selections, ranked in order (1 being the most must-see) submitting a MAXIMUM of 20 matches and a MINIMUM of 5 matches. Please provide some kind of write up to accompany each vote on why you're voting for it and why it qualifies and needs to be seen. Doesn't have to be huge or an essay, a sentence or two will be fine. Any votes that do not have any kind of write up description will be disregarded. Please also provide links to the matches where possible. Please send the submissions to - thisiswherethepowerlies@gmail.com with the title UKFF 100 Must See Matches and with your UKFF handle in the email.

I'm not sticking any deadline on this currently, as I imagine it will take a while to compile 100 and it'd be good to see you guys put some real thought into your selections.

Hope enough of you like the sound of this and want to get involved and contribute. Any questions ask away here.

GET THEM IN BY MIDDAY SATURDAY 8TH JUNE!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I'll have to really think about this if I want to submit; most of my favourite matches - most of the matches I've seen full stop - would be classed as ones everyone's seen...

I'd like to see lots of late '80s/early '90s WWF in the list. I haven't seen nearly enough of that period.

This is one people may have seen, but I constantly seem to find people who haven't, so I'm submitting it. Feel free to ignore it if the consensus is 'seen it' - but TLC 4.

Bubba/Spike vs RVD/Jeff Hardy vs Christian/Jericho vs Kane/Hurricane

• Paid Members

Yeah, send them to the email address provided in the first post. But I'm glad you actually brought that up, that match will be fine. I'd like to see some WWE tv matches that may have been missed included. I've seen that match, but only at the time and haven't seen it since. Which I'm sure there will be many more that fit that kind of criteria. The idea isn't for non-WWE, but for matches you feel need to be seen by more people that aren't that common or popular.

This is a little project I fancy having a stab with, it may not work but I'm up for giving it a go. Brought it up in paid and people seem keen. Dann Read started a thread like this a good few years ago but it never came to fruition, which I was always a little gutted about as I liked the sound of it.

To be honest, it didn't get that many submissions and some of them were matches that we'd all seen such as the aforementioned HIAC. I'm glad you're not doing it as a top 100 but rather as a collection because you'd need a lot of people to submit their choices otherwise you'd end up with lots of matches that only one or two people have seen and therefore making it difficult to put into any ascending order.

Hope it goes well this time as like you say, it's a good idea that could open up new viewing to many people.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I doubt that ranking them in any order would work out. If people are doing it properly and digging out matches that others are not likely to have seen, then in theory no match should be getting nominated more than a couple of times. The list will be just as interesting if it was released in no particular order.

• Paid Members

That's pretty much what I thought happened Dann and this may well end up going the same way to be fair. Hopefully I've made it clear enough what the intention is and there's enough interest. I couldn't remember if you'd planned to do it in a rankings format before, but if you had thought that may be another reason why it didn't work out, due to the issues that could cause mentioned by you and Arch in the last couple of posts.

This board is certainly a very WWE heavy board in its discussion and that could cause this not to work, but there's plenty of guys with a wealth of knowledge on all sorts of other wrestling from around the world and from days gone by that could make some quality contributions.

Air_raid, yes please. Links to view the matches where possible would be great. Even if there's no YouTube or daily motion or whatever link about for any matches then perhaps providing links/details where it could be downloaded or purchased or something.

• Paid Members

Sounds like a fun plan. I'll try and add a bit of diversity to it all; i know of some wonderful matches from BJW, PWG and other indies that could be brought up. If a list of 100 was made, then it isn't a chore to watch just one match a day, no matter how unappealing certain selections may be.

Archived