Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

Speaking of Helms, didn't him and Bagwell get into some bother backstage years ago? Who was the prick in that incident?

I said it in another thread but Helm's shoot was hilarious because it started with him moaning about having an (unfair) rep as someone who gets into a lot of fights, then thoroughout the shoot mentions a dozen different retarded fights he got in.

Him being really angry at Michaels must be a deeper story or perhaps he's just mega christian. But his reasons were pretty weak.

He talks about how Shawn absolutely destroyed Chris Jericho with a tirade of profanity-laced verbal abuse in the catering area at a Raw taping

You're making that sound a lot more dramatic. There was a little argument in cateratd even says thing which included Michaels swearing (Christians are not allowed to do this apparantly?) Jericho himself defended Michaels on Twitter saying that he gets into arguments with different people all the time and it wasnt a big deal.

I'm not making it out to be more than it was - I accept that it was a typical argument between colleagues, probably down to a typical Michaels strop (he's famous for them).

If you listen to Helms's interview about Michaels, he comes out with more F-bombs than I've ever heard from anyone else and even says that he was "so close to just knocking him the fuck out, job be damned." So I doubt Christian beliefs are the source of his upset.

Michaels himself isn't so straight and narrow that he doesn't swear at all. He just doesn't do it on television where he has an influence on kids. I saw an interview with Michaels and Pete Rosenberg from 2011 on Youtube a while back and Michaels swears on it a good few times. He also referred to Hulk Hogan as a "dick" on his 2007 WWE DVD (Heartbreak & Triumph). He doesn't make himself out to be a saint, but he's trying.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm not making it out to be more than it was - I accept that it was a typical argument between colleagues, probably down to a typical Michaels strop (he's famous for them).

Well you did say he "destroyed" Jericho with a "tirade of profanity-laced verbal abuse" that sounds like a big deal to me (when it clearly wasnt). I dont think it was even reported in the sheets at the time so they didnt make a scene or anything.

If you listen to Helms's interview about Michaels, he comes out with more F-bombs than I've ever heard from anyone else and even says that he was "so close to just knocking him the fuck out, job be damned." So I doubt Christian beliefs are the source of his upset.

Yeah. So its okay for Helms to fight and swear but if Michaels leans lightly in that direction he's a terrible person. I literally watched the recent Helms shoot to see if he would make it clearer, but I was even more confused by the end of it.

• Paid Members

I recently heard a tremendous story about someone over here wanting to film an interview with Raven, and Raven insisting they went to Stonehenge to film it. That's more tittery than dickery though.

On the JBL front, this was posted on Bleacher Report (pinch of salt alert) a couple of years ago, but I'd seen the story elsewhere previous to that. I seem to remember JBL openly admitting he "hazed" people backstage too..

Aside from being a former WWE champion and headliner on SmackDown throughout 2005, JBL's history of bullying, working stiff and meanness towards smaller and helpless talent goes back a long way.

JBL has openly admitted to hazing current WWE superstar The Miz excessively because, well, according to him he wanted to teach him how to become a great heel. But hazing and bullying was not new to Bradshaw.

JBL is a well-known bully and hazer backstage, although his victims just tolerated the humiliation and bullying JBL did to them because some wanted to be in the wrestling business so badly, and it wouldn

• Moderators

They'd have volunteered to be there probably, and Bret would have been more than happy to let them play bad cop rather than him look a dick and maybe lose out of money with later fans by going "Twenty Quid! No, that's just for an autograph. No fucking pictures, that's extra!".

So its okay for Helms to fight and swear but if Michaels leans lightly in that direction he's a terrible person.

Only one of them is a Christian. A Christian that calls people dick's and ends the lives of his God's creations... those are the main differences I think.

Forgive and forget, that's what I say ;)

There's something about Helms which always rubs me the wrong way. He came off slightly better in the RF shoot he did with Matt recently - a bit more light-hearted - but other times, he just seems really too much.

Even though I'm a big fan, I've never wanted to meet Alex Shelley.

On the JBL front, this was posted on Bleacher Report (pinch of salt alert) a couple of years ago, but I'd seen the story elsewhere previous to that. I seem to remember JBL openly admitting he "hazed" people backstage too..

JBL's bullying ended when Joey Styles (ECW announcer), who is half his size, had enough of his years of bullying and hazing such as purposely spilling drinks on him, knocked him out during an overseas trip to Iraq for a Tribute to the Troops special.

Has this ever been proven or substantiated by either Joey or any reliable witnesses?

• Paid Members

Helms strikes me as a proper chickenhawk kind of character. I seem to remember him asking Rodney Mack to step outside when they had a disagreement going over a match. Mack being a supposed proper hardcase have him a good hiding.

Archived