Football Transfers and Rumours- January 2014

PunkStep

• Paid Members

United have won the title, the Champions League final is set and the Premier League thread has descended into talk about where that Polish striker and that Portuguese manager will end up. Sounds like it's time for my favourite seasonal thread. So crack on! Who will go where? Which managerial changes will take place? Some of the obvious discussion points/rumours doing the rounds on Twitter and various sites:

Jose to Chelsea? Will he take Xabi Alonso with him, or even sign Lewandowski?

Or will the Polish striker end up at United or Bayern?

Will CR7 go back 'home', or will Cesc return to Arsenal (gathering pace on twitter)?

Will Spurs nearly sign Leandro Demaio again?

Will Everton...no, they won't.

Speculate away and if you 'report news', quote a source, otherwise you'll look like a dick when it tragically turns out to be bollocks.

***TRANSFER UPDATES***

Disclaimer: I will only update this when I can be bothered and only for Premier League club signings that I deem significant enough and any other transfers from other leagues that I feel worthwhile reporting. I.e. not SPL. I'm sticking these in spoiler tags just so I don't have a really massive post that takes up a silly amount of space.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

ARSENAL

In: Sanogo (Auxerre)

Out: Arshavin (Zenit), Eastmond (Colchester), Angha (Nuremberg), Ebecilio (Twente), Denilson (Sao Paulo), Squillaci (Bastia), Coquelin (Freiburg- loan), Djourou (Hamburg- loan), Mannone (Sunderland), Andre Santos (Flamengo), Meade (Swansea), Gervinho (Roma)

ASTON VILLA

In: Okore (Nordsjaelland), Bacuna (Groningen), Tonev (Poznan), Helenius (Aalborg), Luna (Sevilla)

Out: Makoun (Rennes), Dunne (end of contract), Holman (Al Nasr),

CARDIFF

In: Cornelius (Copenhagen), Caulker (Totteringham)

Out:

CHELSEA

In: Schurrle (Leverkusen), van Ginkel (Vitesse), Schwarzer (Fulham)

Out: Benayoun, Malouda, Turnbull, Hilario (all out of contract), Bruma (PSV), Marin (Sevilla- loan), Courtois (Atletico- loan), Kakuta (Vitesse- loan)

CRYSTAL PALACE

In: Dobbie (Brighton), Gayle (Peterborough), Campana (Sevilla), Thomas (WBA)

Out: Easter (Millwall)

EVERTON

In: Kone, Alcaraz (both Wigan), Deulofeu (Barca- loan), Robles (Atletico)

Out: Hitzlsperger, Mucha (both released)

FULHAM

In: Reither (FC Koln), Amorebieta (Athletic Bilbao), Derek Boateng (Dnipro), Stekelenburg (Roma)

Out: Karagounis, Simon Davies, Momi Diarra, Baird, Petric (all released), Schwarzer (Chelsea)

HULL CITY

In: Jahraldo-Martin (Dulwich Hamlet?!), George Boyd (Peterborough), Figueroa (Wigan), McGregor (Besiktas), Graham (Sunderland- loan)

Out: Bradley (Pompey), East (Pompey)

LIVERPOOL

In: Kolo Toure (Man City), Luis Alberto (Sevilla), Aspas (Celta Vigo), Mignolet (Sunderland)

Out: Wilson (Hearts), Carroll (West Ham), Shelvey (Swansea), Reina (Napoli- loan)

MAN CITY

In: Jesus Navas (Seville), Fernandinho (Donetsk), Jovetic (Fiorentina), Negredo (Sevilla)

Out: Toure (Liverpool), Tevez (Juve), Bridge (Reading), Santa Cruz (released), Maicon (Roma)

MAN UTD

In: Varela (Penarol)

Out:

NEWCASTLE

In: Rent (QPR- loan)

Out: Simpson (QPR), Perch (Wigan)

NORWICH

In: Van Wolfswinkel (Sporting), Garrido (Lazio), Redmond (Birmingham), Olsson (Blackburn), Fer (Twente), Nash (Stoke)

Out: Tierney (Bolton), Martin (Derby), Camp (released), Holt (Wigan)

SOUTHAMPTON

In: Lovren (Lyon), Wanyama (Celtic)

Out:

ORCS

In: Muniesa (Barca), Pieters (PSV)

Out: Delap, Nash, Sidibe, Upson (all released), Whitehead (Boro)

SUNDERLAND

In: Diakite (Lazio), Roberge (Maritimo), Cabral (Basel), Karlsson (Goteburg), Mannone (Arsenal), El-Hadji Ba (Le Havre), Altidore (AZ), Giaccherini (Juve)

Out: Bramble (released), Mignolet (Liverpool), Elmohamady (Hull)

SWANSEA

In: Canas (Betis), Amat (Espanyol), Pozuelo (Betis), Zabret (NK Damzale), Gogic (Olympiakos), Shelvey (Liverpool), De Guzman (Villarreal- loan), Shelvey (Liverpool), Bony (Vitesse), Meade (Arsenal)

Out: Bartley (Birmingham- loan)

SPUDS

In: Paulinho (Corinthians), Chadli (Twente), Soldado (Valencia)

Out: Byrne (Swindon), Gallas, Bentley (both released), Caulker (Cardiff), Dempsey (Seattle)

WEST BROM

In: Anelka (Juve), Lugano (PSG)

Out: Jara, Gera (all released), Jerome Thomas (Palace), Fortune (Wigan)

WEST HAM

In: Rat (Donetsk) Adrian (Betis), Carroll (Liverpool), Whitehead (Stockport)

Out: Carlton Cole (released)

BAYERN MUNICH

In: Gotze (Dortmund), Thiago Alcantara (Barca), Kirchhoff (Mainz)

Out: Tymoshchuk (Zenit), Gomez (Fiorentina)

BORUSSIA DORTMUND

In: Papastathopoulos (Bremen), Aubameyang (St Etienne), Mkhitaryan (Shaktar)

Out: Gotze (Bayern), Santana (Schalke), Koch (Mainz), Ginczek (Nuremberg)

REAL MADRID

In: Carvajal (Leverkusen), Isco (Malaga), Casemiro (Sao Paulo), Asier Illarramendi (Sociedad)

Out: Carvalho (Monaco), Pedro Leon (Getafe), Callejon, Albiol, Higuain (all three to Napoli)

BARCA

In: Neymar (Santos)

Out: Abidal (Monaco), Bojan (Ajax- loan), Villa (Atletico), Deulofeu (Everton- loan), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern)

ATLETICO MADRID

In: Leo Baptistao (Rayo Vallecano), Villa (Barca)

Out: Falcao (Monaco)

JUVENTUS

In: Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Tevez (City)

Out:

AC MILAN

In: Amu (Universitario Popay

• Paid Members

A thought from my own head, nothing to base this on except that : if Man United sign Bale, Mourinho takes Ronaldo to Chelsea with him.

Might as well put this here instead.

I can honestly see only two outcomes in Gareth's future :

(1) Spurs finish 4th and since he's got Champions League football next season and likes the club, the manager and his mates, he stays.

(2) Spurs finish 5th and we sell him to Manchester United, who in turn don't buy Ronaldo who would likely have cost them more.

Speaking of United, if Dortmund have admitted Lewandowski's off, has Fergie finally got his man?

I think he should stay either way. To show that he can maintain this level for another season (I think he can) before he goes for a big move. Bale to Utd though? Would Fergie spend that kind of cash on him? Spurs wont let Bale go for less than 50-60mil (more if you believe the papers), I just can't see Fergie spending that on one man. City on the other hand, after being so poor this year, will again splash the cash to catch back up with Utd.

Interesting about Lewandowski, does that mean Rooney could be off to PSG for true? Remember a few years ago Rooney wanted to leave (or just get a better contract) maybe Fergie has decided to let him go and cash in while he still can.

Well either way, looks like it will be a fun summer of transfer news.

A thought from my own head, nothing to base this on except that : if Man United sign Bale, Mourinho takes Ronaldo to Chelsea with him.

The reports I've heard and read are that Ronaldo will be going nowhere this summer.

SOURCES

Revista on Tuesday night? Marca in Spain? I assumed ~sources~ were required for actual transfer talk, not for claiming that someone isn't going to move.

Edit: Fucking hell David, in between me reading your post and replying, you've changed your avatar again. You have issues.

I don't know what the fucks going on, it keeps turning into a little green square as if the link to the original image is broken? My Storm trooper seems to be the only one that actually works for some reason.

I posted this initially in the Premiership thread, but figure there's no harm in reposting it here. The Mirror has reported the following on Mourinho and Lewandowski;

Jose Mourinho confirmed that he is going to return to Chelsea... by asking Robert Lewandowski to join him in moving to West London this summer.

Bayern Munich vice president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed yesterday that on April 25 - the day after Real Madrid's 4-1 defeat at the hands of Borussia Dortmund and four-goal Lewandowski - he received a call from the Polish striker's agent, Maik Barthel.

Barthel told Rummenigge that Mourinho had rung him, urging him to spurn the advances of the Bavaria giant and instead to follow him to Chelsea - according to reports in Spain's La Informaci

REAL MADRID will demand Javier Hernandez in any cash-plus-player deal for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United had hoped to tempt the Spanish giants with an offer of

Archived