Promotions that filmed TV, but died on their ass?

truthofsin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, as I understand it from the first post this thread is about TV shows that didn't get to the air. So UWF doesn't even come into the fucking conversation anyway, as Fury Hour ran on and off for a while.

When i created the thread that was the intention but i think promotions that actually got TV and then died soon after makes for interesting conversation also. Maybe 'promotions that shot TV that either never aired or only aired for a matter of months before their demise' might be more appropriate lol.

Whatever happened to Ring Ka King? That looked like it had potential!

It made for pretty decent TV, the shows i've seen anyway. Not breathtaking, but not bad either.

Cheers. I remember a match from it when David Young beat AJ Styles for a Wildside title, at the time when they were doing that streak with Young in TNA where he hadn't won for about 2 years or something. It was a great match, never understood why TNA didn't do something interesting with Young.

He was a bit short, but a good wrestler, like a Dean Malenko but a bit more mongy. I can't see what more they could have done to be honest - he wasn't X Div and he was a bit too bland for the heavyweight scene.

• Paid Members
What was that UK promotion that was on Live TV? Was it UWA? I remember they did a big card from Coventry or somewhere.

UWA was on Live TV. That was followed by UCW which did the Coventry show.

• Paid Members
Cheers. I remember a match from it when David Young beat AJ Styles for a Wildside title, at the time when they were doing that streak with Young in TNA where he hadn't won for about 2 years or something. It was a great match, never understood why TNA didn't do something interesting with Young.

He was a bit short, but a good wrestler, like a Dean Malenko but a bit more mongy. I can't see what more they could have done to be honest - he wasn't X Div and he was a bit too bland for the heavyweight scene.

I reckon they could have done a decent tag team with him instead of lumbering him with useless Simon Diamond. Who at TNA thought Simon Diamond was interesting enough to have his own fucking stable?

• Paid Members
I reckon they could have done a decent tag team with him instead of lumbering him with useless Simon Diamond. Who at TNA thought Simon Diamond was interesting enough to have his own fucking stable?

Was that the New York Connection, or was it Disco Inferno who ran that bunch of jolly young men? Be ta fuck, what a rotten stable they were!

• Paid Members

It was Diamonds In The Rough with Diamond, Young and Elix Skipper, I think. There might have been someone else at some point. They made Three Man Band look like Evolution.

• Paid Members
It was Diamonds In The Rough with Diamond, Young and Elix Skipper, I think. There might have been someone else at some point. They made Three Man Band look like Evolution.

Oh dear, I remember them now, sir. Elix Skipper was fucking horrendous. He always had an expression on his face like he was trying to solve π/pi.

Oh dear, I remember them now, sir. Elix Skipper was fucking horrendous. He always had an expression on his face like he was trying to solve π/pi.

Outside of his silly name and general botchiness, I always found Skipper amusing because of how obviously he'd go on and off the 'roids....

8356091556a9716736615l.jpg

15.jpg

• Paid Members
Whatever happened to his erstwhile tag partner Johnny Swinger? He was the best of the lot, I thought.

Went to WWE and was rechristened Johnny Parisi, did a few matches on Heat but mostly hung around Deep South (he had a fair few matches managed by Angel "Angelina Love" Williams before she accepted TNA's offer at the tail end of 05) until he got let go in July 06.

Spent about 2 years in NWA Great Championship Wrestling based out of (briefly) Columbus, GA then later Phenix City, AL where he got to work with in various capacities guys like the aforementioned David Young and Skipper (he even "broke Young's arm" during their feud), Disco, Raven, Sonny Siaki, Scotty Too Hotty, Bull Buchanan and various non-entities. Amazingly in one title defence against Raven in December 2006, Swinger was managed by none other than Sherri Martel.

Also of note he got to tumble with the Bullet! :

February 10, 2007

Whatever happened to his erstwhile tag partner Johnny Swinger? He was the best of the lot, I thought.

He worked two of the One Night Only TNA PPVs that were taped back in March (10 Reunion and Hardcore Justice) so we'll be seeing him on TV later this year.

Archived