John Cena injured on European tour

ClassicsGuy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the WWE.com article is worded makes it sound storyline, yet I hope it's true. Not in any nasty anti-Cena way, but just because, with Punk off and all other legitimate stars being semi-regulars, it might cause Vince to shit himself and throw everything at the wall to see what sticks hopefully leading to more exciting, unpredictable TV. Whether that would end up with Ryback elevating to the top, or them throwing the title on Hunter/Lesnar, or something else, it'd certainly be more interesting than the autopilot TV Raw has become since Wrestlemania.

It's a massive shame for Cena though. After this year-long redemption storyline I wanted to see him hold the belt for a few months at least. Not even holding it until Extreme Rules would be gutting.

Could they use this as a chance to unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles?

If Cena is legit injured, then they give Ryback the title by default. Throw him into the Ziggler/Swagger/Del Rio and have the winner of the, now, fatal four way as the Undisputed champ.

• Paid Members
Could they use this as a chance to unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles?

If Cena is legit injured, then they give Ryback the title by default. Throw him into the Ziggler/Swagger/Del Rio and have the winner of the, now, fatal four way as the Undisputed champ.

That would leave half their forthcoming planned, scheduled house shows with neither a champion nor John Cena, their biggest star. Not a chance in hell.

This is taken from PWMania with a screenshot of Cena's Twitter. Seems even if he's injured he'll still be on TV, I also think until they know how long he'll be out for they won't entertain the idea of stripping him of the title.

If they do, and I'm aware that this is a completely implausible idea, but I'd like to see it anyway, that they do a build up to Summerslam and hold a one night tournament, sort of like WrestleMania IV, and crown a new champ on the night.

• Paid Members

If he ends up being out, the title's gotta go into the Lesnar/Triple H feud, surely. Nothing else has the status, and they won't want it to drop down a level after spending so much time building it into their massive Wrestlemania main event. But yeah, if Cena can go *at all*, they'll keep it on him. The match with Ryback is gonna be horrible if Cena's not going 100%, though. Not looking forward to that much.

Perhaps he's doing the job to Ryback and he or WWE doesn't want anything resembling a clean job so the PR machine is in motion as to why Superman loses.

On a darker note maybe he's got a strike on the wellness policy and this is the camouflage.

Their are easier ways to avoid a clean finish.

Like booking a screwy finish for their heel to win. As is wrestlings wont.

But, after their whole redemption angle, there's no way in hell that taking the title off Cena this early is their plan. If Ryback does go over, it's because this is legit.

Man there's some silly things said in this thread.

The match with Ryback is gonna be horrible if Cena's not going 100%, though. Not looking forward to that much.

Its Cena. Cena. The best wrestler in the world, not because of athleticism (although he is of course incredibly athletic) but because of the way he can tell stories, the big match feel he can create, the drama he works, if the match isn't up to scratch it won't be because of a tendon injury. Cena could work that in perfectly.

Perhaps he's doing the job to Ryback and he or WWE doesn't want anything resembling a clean job so the PR machine is in motion as to why Superman loses.

On a darker note maybe he's got a strike on the wellness policy and this is the camouflage.

Yes, and I hear the moon landing wasn't real, there's really flying pigs and the government have brainwashed us into not seeing them and Obama is actually a regeneration of the Master. Ye gods man. They're not proecting Cena here.

• Paid Members

Tell you what as well, Triple H holds talent down. Fuck them both!

:sleeping:

FANTASY BOOK! Skip if you have eyes.

Tomorrow night they should have Cena come out and be about to give the title up, but Lesnar and Heyman come out before he can and say that part of Brock's new deal was that he would be guaranteed a WWE title shot at some point during the contract, and he wants it right now. Have Brock destroy Cena, pick the title up and then wham, Triple H vs. Lesnar in a cage for the title at Extreme Rules. Meanwhile Ryback can get involved in the Henry/Sheamus match as a triple threat and avoid the heel turn they've been implying.

Tomorrow night they should have Cena come out and be about to give the title up, but Lesnar and Heyman come out before he can and say that part of Brock's new deal was that he would be guaranteed a WWE title shot at some point during the contract, and he wants it right now. Have Brock destroy Cena, pick the title up and then wham, Triple H vs. Lesnar in a cage for the title at Extreme Rules. Meanwhile Ryback can get involved in the Henry/Sheamus match as a triple threat and avoid the heel turn they've been implying.

Why are we putting the title on Brock for a short period of time. Lesnar is on a limited dates contract and will probably be gone after Extreme Rules (and won't be back until SS). I can't see them putting it on Triple H either. He won't want to go back on the road at this stage of his career.

This could be the best thing for the WWE long term as it may force the lazy arsed bookers to actually pen something which builds up a wrestler instead of the annoying stop/start booking that we have been subjected to over the years!

• Paid Members

Tonight they should have Cena come out and go, "I got an injury but I'll be alright" and then continue on with WWE's plans for him.

Radical, I know, but it might just work!

Do you know what?

I'm actually pretty sick of the WWE title being used to elevate people. I'm even more sick of people pretending that that's the way it should be. Bollocks. People should be elevated outside of the title picture, so that when they actually get around to holding the title they appear worthy of doing so.

The only reason we're in a situation, now, where we think this shit is acceptable is because of how poorly the WWE have booked their midcard in recent years and how they present the main event as the only thing that matters. It makes it impossible to push people and make them seem important, without skyrocketing them straight to the top.

I don't want The Fuckin' Miz holding the WWE title. It's shit. It didn't elevate him one little bit in the long run, and only served to drag the title down into the muck. I'd say the same for the WHC, but we're so far down the line with that being presented as a midcard title it almost doesn't matter anymore.

I want the title to go onto actual stars, who look better for having the title and also make the title better for having them.

It's absolutely bonkers to think, now, that angles like Austin chucking Rock's belt off a bridge happened with the Intercontinental title. That effort just doesn't exist anymore. And I know the talent pool is a lot narrower now, but there is still a tonne of room for improvement. The IC and US titles get stuck on either guys they don't care about to feud with guys they really don't care about or on guys they are sort of into, who get dragged down by feuding with guys they don't care about.

There are a tonne of people, some past world champions, who look to be outside of the world title hunt for the foreseeable future who could be used in those positions to elevate the midcard and create a system where people look important before they get near the title.

Archived