John Cena injured on European tour

ClassicsGuy

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-04-29/jo...n-tour-26111113

WWE.com has learned that WWE Champion John Cena sustained an injury during WWE's European tour. The WWE Champion injured his right Achilles tendon while battling Ryback.

The injury raises questions about the scheduled match between Cena and Ryback at Extreme Rules on May 19. What lies ahead for the Cenation leader? Does this put Ryback one step closer to capturing the WWE Title?

There are no details yet about Cena's expected recovery time.

For more, stay with WWE.com and tune in to Monday

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say I am gutted he's injured as I'm bored of the typical Cena routine but I wouldn't wish a serious injury on anyone. He needs and deserves a long break away. A feud with Ryback doesn't at all interest me. So hopefully this leads to a last minute decision and they pull off something good.

I hope this isn't a permanent injury either and hope Cena makes a speedy recovery.

If it isn't an angle what do we think will happen with the title? Does Cena give it up? Does Ryback face a replacement at ER for the title?

Personnaly I hope its not serious as a Cena title run up to Summerslam should be good.

Only person more gutted than cena if this is true will be punk, as he will get pulled from his holiday if he isn't that badly injured and is just getting time off.

Hope it's not too serious, if he is to take time out though I think this is the time to elevate Ryback just like when Cena was injured in October last year. I'm not too sure if Ryback and Henry can carry the WWE title feuds too well with Cena, Punk and Rock missing though.

If he is going to be out for a decent period of time they'll need to sort something and fast. Sheamus/Orton/Del Rio aren't big enough draws on their own. Maybe they'll throw more money at Lesnar? or have Undertaker be on TV for the forseeable future.

If he's out for a good while, I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H peeks out from behind the curtain more often; Undertaker is kept around and Lesnar is bribed.

They'd probably shoot adrenaline back into the Orton character, and rocket him to the top of the card. Lesnar/Orton would be fresh enough, and high profile enough, to see them through.

CM Punk would probably get dragged kicking and screaming back, too.

That should cover the TV shows. Especially if they keep Cena as an on-screen personality, which I'm convinced they will.

Problem is, of that group, none of Lesnar/Triple H or Taker are going to tour and do house shows in Bumfuck, Alabama. That'll be where they really have issues.

easiest thing to do (if its legit) is have him vacate it, then its 2 episodes of RAW before Extreme Rules so just do an 8 man KOTR tournament leading up to the final at the PPV. Or even 16 man and have the semis & final at the PPV. Have someone elevated by winning two in one night.

Or just put it on Orton for the time being having him win a Battle Royal

• Paid Members

Hopefully they use it as an opportunity to actually get one of the other babyfaces over. It's also the worst time to have done a Ryback shitty heel turn because he could have really profited out of this as a babyface.

You can't really 'elevate' someone to the desired level in such a short space of time.

A tournament is a cracking idea, though.

But, I'd stick the title on Taker OR Lesnar. And, make it fairly clear that's the way I'm going with it, too. I reckon people would buy the chance to see the old man or Lesnar win the title.

Then I'd elevate someone, a babyface, chasing Taker or Lesnar.

It'd be tough sticking it on Lesnar, as he's already tied up at Extreme Rules. So, Taker it is.

Put the belt on The Shield and have them share it, defending it in 6-Man Tags against the heavy hitters they have left. The Shield are the strongest booked team at the moment so they might as well try something different. Plus the dynamics of trios to face them could be interesting, plus the selfish attitudes of their opponents could mean The Shield gets wins and look strong, but as the same time, there opponents weren't fully on the same page so they don't look as weak.

Actually, fuck elevating someone.

There's no really deserving babyface who would gain enough from it to make it worth my time.

Have Undertaker win the title at Extreme Rules, after Lesnar fucking murders Triple H. Then, after the show, start building to Lesnar/Taker. I'd be all over that.

Archived