...It's Arrested Development

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My god, just watched the first two episodes of Season 2. It just get's better and better. The 'build a house in two weeks' climax was spectacular. All 4 storyline threads paying off in one swoop to the point I could barely breath from laughing too much.

And Tobias hiding in the background was so well done. I didn't spot him once, and the last one where you're looking for him on the blue wall, only to turn up in the background covered in the diamond cream. Just unbridled genius writing. How they crammed so much comedy in to 23 minutes is astonishing.

Does it ever let up? Surely there has to be a dip at some point?

I tried this for the first time the other day to see what all the fuss is about, my only experience with it is having it on in the background while lying drunk in a hotel room bed with my two mates after my sixth form prom. Sober, it's a great program, and I've only seen the first few episodes of the first series. It's rare that I watch a show and instantly take to all the characters, and this is the first since Breaking Bad or Modern Family that it's happened. I'd imagine I'll be doing a marathon until the new season is out.

• Moderators

Second page actually. At least include a quote or something if you're going to post boring things. (also when you posted it you just posted a link with no description. Probably a lot of people didn't even click it, especially since it was you that posted it).

4013868657_53bd7721d8.jpg

oh yes there absolutely will be a Margarita in my mouth!

I've just noticed for the first time that she's wearing a Cloud Mir Vodka t-shirt. Nice touch!

• Paid Members
I hated the final episode, I thought it was shark jumping shit, absolutely adore the rest of the run though.

You can't possibly call it "shark jumping". A show in which someone with a made-up phobia of being nude paints himself blue for the duration of a series, someone keeps breaking out of jail and being mistaken for their twin, and someone gets their hand bitten off by a seal and has a hook replacement hand. They'd have to do something like send a character into space for it to be shark jumping.

It's like the other day when discussing favourite films with one of my flat mates (I've mentioned him on here before, he has a shit taste in everything). Regarding Ghostbusters, he said it's "fucking shit" because it's "cheesy". It's a comedy about ghosts, of course it's going to be cheesy. Then he goes on to say his favourite film is Die Another Day.

Archived