UKFF FPL Week 38

Fog Dude

Premier League

Arsenal 1 v 1 Manchester United (Sunday 4pm)

Newcastle United 1 v 1 Liverpool (5:30pm)

Stoke City 1 v 1 Norwich City

Wigan Athletic 1 v 2 Tottenham Hotspur

League One

Brentford 2 v 1 Doncaster Rovers

La Liga

Alt

Premier League

Arsenal 2-1 Manchester United (Sunday 4pm)

Newcastle United 1-0 Liverpool (5:30pm)

Stoke City 1-2 Norwich City

Wigan Athletic 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur

League One

Brentford 1-0 Doncaster Rovers

La Liga

Alt

We should stick to professional football, i'm not even sure scotland should qualify for this either :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware the MLS players were only paid travel expenses. :p To show our appreciation for their dedication, we'll have some more of their fixtures in the final round.

That "boring mid-table clash" I bumped from the card at the last minute was Southampton-West Brom, which did turn out to be quite eventful. Still, I don't regret adding Brentford-Doncaster after that finish. Our own table is less likely to have such a dramatic and close finale following this week's scores, but we'll get onto that in a full round-up in a couple of days' time.

Another low-scoring week then. For the second one running, SNRN10 as a low scorer, but at least this time he actually got something right, and Rory was kind enough to be joint worst with him on two points. That probably ends Mr Fice's title challenge, while former champ cheetah is just behind him but has most likely left it too late to make a dash for another FPL win. That's because the other top scorer this time out was stunstone, who was also the only other participant into double figures. All this leaves the gap to ultimo at a whopping 17 points with only 4 weeks to go. At the other end, niff remains adrift by a baker's dozen.

So, why the fairly anaemic scoring yet again? Firstly, the aforementioned injury-time drama at Griffin Park did more harm than good. The few who went for a draw there were nearly right, but nobody got the exact scoreline right. The same is true of the five-goal thriller in Zaragoza and of course, the six goals without reply for the away side at Newcastle, which was virtually a dud outcome. Draws at the Emirates and the DW saw many fare a tad better, while Stoke's crucial narrow home victory proved somewhat fruitful.

The matches across the pond were never going to be anything other than a mixed bag, although New York's triumph on their travels was rather useful in the end. Lastly, the Madrid derby was, despite being Atl

Archived