WrestleMania XXX predictions

ShortOrderCook

I don't think I would put Punk/Austin and Taker/Cena on the same show, as one would take away from the other. Either is a big enough that the other wouldn't be needed.

Fuck "needed." It's WrestleMania. You think of as many matches as possible that people might pay to watch with the talent and time available to you, and cram them onto the card. Spunk as big a load as possible. Both those matches deserve to feature on a WrestleMania and no other PPV, and time is running out for both of them to happen.

But why blow two huge matches on one show, when you can get two Manias out of it? That was my point. Like I said, both are first time matches (well Cena and Taker have faced eachother but it's almost a new match because Cena is now THE guy, and it's a completely new dynamic). Not opposed to stacking a Wrestlemania with big matches, but you can be smart about it.

• Paid Members

They will want to stack the card as much as they can, the aim every year is to top the year before and on top of that, number 30 is a fucking big deal. Plus, with every year that passes the opportunity to get the veterans in the ring diminishes. You're probably overestimating the magnitude of those matches too. There's arguably no bigger match that they could have put together than Rock vs Cena. They have to go balls to the wall next year to make anything feel bigger than that.

• Paid Members
But why blow two huge matches on one show, when you can get two Manias out of it?

Because Austin and Undertaker will both be in their 50s and Cena and Punk are already careering bad injuries? Those Goldberg vs Austin, those Angle vs Goldberg and Hogan vs Austin matches never happened, and now it doesn't look like Lesnar vs Rock is happening. You can't stick this lot in a pickle jar forever. Austin is probably only a 40% chance that he's going to work next years WrestleMania anyway. It WrestleMania 30 or never for him. Playing the game of "we'll do it down the line" with middle aged broken down acts is daft.

• Paid Members

Can Hogan still wrestle? Sorry for my ignorance, haven't seen TNA in ages. Has he wrestled in TNA at all? I thought his knees/hips/back were fucked beyond repair these days.

Cena vs Hogan would be a huge moment but I think Cena vs Undertaker is the way to go as far as WrestleMania headliners go. Hogan would probably be better served in a tag match where he can let someone else do the lion's share of the work/bumping then make the big tag and do his thing for a few minutes followed by some post-match posing. That's all people want from a Hogan match in 2013/14 surely.

I hope Hogan is part of 30. He has to be really doesn't he.

• Paid Members

He's wrestled a few times in TNA. He's like Abdullah The Butcher. He can wrestle smoke and mirrors matches, but he'd never be able to take an FU or any of that. He has to work a match at his pace. He's probably wrestling at Bound For Glory with Sting against the Dudley Boyz, which is a perfect match for him really. If someone is there to bump for most of the match, and he gets the hot tag, Hulk's Up, rips his shirt off and goes the big clothesline, he could do that. That's why a tag match at WrestleMania 30 is probably his best option. Hogan's not daft enough to get into a situation Bret Hart found himself in at WrestleMania 26.

The thing is, the crowd reaction is so big for his matches and he has so many little crowd working and stalling tactics (his moves consist of back rakes poses, shoving a bandana down his opponents throat and shit like that), that he can drag himself through 12 minutes without doing much. He could do a gimmick match at WrestleMania, but the idea of him wrestling Cena or Stone Cold is just unthinkable. It wouldn't ever happen.

Put the Big Gold Belt on Dean Ambrose soonish and build to him dropping the belt to a recently turned Roman Reigns at the big show. Rip off the Batista/Evolution deal on the way. It could even include a jarg Randy Orton style face turn for Seth Rollins in the summer, before Roman emerges as the real Big Dave in time for the Rumble.

WrestleMania XXX will probably come a year too soon to be doing anything mad like Reigns/Lesnar or Ambrose/Austin, but those two should be leaving New Orleans as made men. The same way Cena did at WM21.

I'd love to see Big Dave Vs Brock Lesnar. I love a good big man match.

Yes before you say it, Ryback/Henry was shite.

I honestly doubt Austin will wrestle again. Batista is a much more realistic and better option to be fair. Batista could have another run as the top dog and it would be a breath of fresh air. Imagine its a few weeks before Mania 30. Lesnar states nobody can beat him, Batista's music hits, they brawl and Batista hits a Spinebuster. That'd be excellent.

Put the Big Gold Belt on Dean Ambrose soonish and build to him dropping the belt to a recently turned Roman Reigns at the big show. Rip off the Batista/Evolution deal on the way.

I like this.

Archived