The Official Faaaandaaaango Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Seeing as though discussion about the chap is taking place in about several different places now, why not give him his own thread?

Post all Fandango related shenanigans and news here. summerslam1990 is banned from this thread.

And for all you Fandango / That's Life fans....

It's....RAAAAANRAAAAAANRO!

• Paid Members

Looks like the song's pretty likely to crack the Top 40 this weekend, from what I'm reading (Lister's tweets). His trolling of Everton on Twitter has been magnificent tonight.

• Paid Members

Even my wife's intrigued and amused by it all and she hates wrestling. Whatever you actually think of the guy and where the gimmick will go, it's just great to have someone or something in wrestling that everyone is talking about.

• Paid Members

I'm finding the whole thing both awesome and hilarious - as I'm sure most of us are. Crazy to think this all started out of nowhere because of an awesome crowd. Really shows the importance of a diehard live audience as opposed to an arena full of 8 year old children and their parents who sit on their hands until John Cena comes out. I'm loving this whole thing and I really hope he breaks the Top 40. The Everton thing is just fucking wonderful.

Looks like the song's pretty likely to crack the Top 40 this weekend, from what I'm reading (Lister's tweets). His trolling of Everton on Twitter has been magnificent tonight.

Whats this?

Loved the reaction to the guy on Monday night. Wasnt sure about the gimmick at all at first, but have seen enough in his attacks on Jericho, his mania match and on monday night to see hes a solid worker who MIGHT go far IMO with a decent push.

• Paid Members

I love what I've seen of Fandango so far. It's a fun character, totally different to anything else in the WWE and he seems to be carrying it off to a tee. I think he's a breath of fresh air personally. Love the Everton stuff on twitter.

Actually, I think Ronnie said I won a name change in the Awards thread, I think I'll put in a request for Wandango.

Whats this?

Basically Everton fans tweeted the club requesting Fandango's theme be played at Goodison before tomorrow's game with QPR, the club declined because they are doing an 80's music day. Word got out to Fandango who started tweeting back and forth with the club's Twitter account demanding the theme be played all game, the club caved and decided that it will be played after all but only at the fan centre in the Park End car park leading Fandango to tweet both a Leeds and Liverpool badge to the club and had a pic tweeted to him of his head photoshopped on Kevin Mirallas' body (taken on the day the Belgian signed for us) with his name and number on the back of the shirt

Whats this?

Basically Everton fans tweeted the club requesting Fandango's theme be played at Goodison before tomorrow's game with QPR, the club declined because they are doing an 80's music day. Word got out to Fandango who started tweeting back and forth with the club's Twitter account demanding the theme be played all game, the club caved and decided that it will be played after all but only at the fan centre in the Park End car park leading Fandango to tweet both a Leeds and Liverpool badge to the club and had a pic tweeted to him of his head photoshopped on Kevin Mirallas' body (taken on the day the Belgian signed for us) with his name and number on the back of the shirt

That is amazing. Well played Fandango :thumbsup:

Whats this?

That is amazing. Well played Fandango :thumbsup:

And also well done to the Everton fans, since it was a lad with an Everton flag on the train coming back from Raw who was one of the main leaders of the Fandango singing, and it was Everton fans tweeting the club to get his song played by the club in the first place.

I'm enjoying all this and hope it lasts longer than it realistically will however I see this as a bit like when Mr Anderson came in or even Brodus Clay, lots of people saying he's fun, different, breath of fresh air etc, they're right of course but in the interim and I don't have confidence in WWE in how to handle this, they'll understandably try to take control rather than letting it live out it's own course which is how it became in this position in the first place, it'll soon get old and tiresome, the act will repeat rather than progress, we'll see it too much & become sick of it all and we'll have ourselves the Harlem Shake of professional wrestling.

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy it while it lives though!

• Paid Members

I can see WWE doing a video package on RAW Monday night about it, showing off the media coverage its got, showing clips like the Texans and also fans singing it and then getting a load of guest stars to chime in with it, kinda making a fun big deal out of it. Probably a load of the old guest hosts, WWE Ambassadors, can see The Muppets being involved, WWE Legends (who wouldn't want to see Iron Sheik or Backlund do it) or just have people doing it in a backstage skit with Ron Simmons at the end.

Could be a decent comedy moment and improve the standing of Fandango if they show what a big deal he's becoming.

Archived