UFC on FOX 7: 'Henderson vs Melendez'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah Taylorslade's one of my favourite posters just for his boxing posts, but also his love of Davey Boy Smith. He's a nice bloke as well, he once sent me a DVD of Gerald McClellan's best fights for free a while back.

I exchanged PMs with him a while back and he said he was having problems with his laptop or his internet connection or something. I wish he'd get back on here as well.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone seen the Nate Diaz interviews with Ariel Helwani and Karyn Bryant? I know you can't read too much into these things but he looked very dehydrated, maybe he's had a bad weight cut. He looked really gaunt and was slurring all over the shop (yeah I know it's a Diaz but he sounded worse than normal).

He mentioned he's likely going back to 170 after this fight as well. I thought he must be saying that in case Melendez wins but he says he's probably going back up whatever the result of Melendez/Benson.

• Paid Members

Well thats convinced me further to go for the treble bet.

I guess Diaz is a bit like Nick in that hes naturally getting bigger the older he gets...the bad news is, hes pysically struggled at 170, matched up correctly hes ok but against the stronger WW's he's been manhandled in the past.

• Paid Members

Yeah there were pictures knocking around before he moved up to 170 last time and fought Rory Markham, and he looked pretty big.

Like you say though, 170 is a tough division for him. If guys can outmuscle him at 155 imagine what a Koscheck or Ellenberger type would do? Maia as well. 170 is very grappler heavy. I'd like to see Nate fight Thiago Alves, Matt Brown, Dan Hardy and guys like that but I don't think he'll ever get past the massive wall of Hendricks, Ellenberger, Maia, Rory, Koscheck, Stun Gun types.

I'm 50/50 on Nate vs Thomson. I might actually be leaning to Thomson. I fancy Benson close on points in a great fight and Cormier by TKO within two rounds.

I'm 50/50 on Nate vs Thomson. I might actually be leaning to Thomson. I fancy Benson close on points in a great fight and Cormier by TKO within two rounds.

I fancy a clear win for Bendo, Thomson by decision and I agree with your Cormier/Mir prediction. If Bendo wins, he will share the UFC Lightweight record for three defenses with BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar, which is something as he should have lost the first ; ).

I'll have to change my tune here and say that Cormier is gonna tag Mir pretty early. Mir to go down like a sag of bricks

The Main Event is filled with 2 guys I dislike. Making it a pretty exciting fight. :)

• Paid Members

Cormier on Mir's trash talk;

A lot of that stuff, I just don't understand. Where does he hear that I'm lazy? When he can hardly get through a first round. I mean, come on man. He's exhausted after the first round most times. I don't understand where he hears that I'm lazy.

I don't mind trash talk, but it's kind of...the way he does it. It's really quite condescending, he kind of looks down on you. Very smug, I mean, he's very smug. I knew that before I even started fighting, you can watch him versus Brock Lesnar and tell he's one of those guys. It won't matter, I could go in there on Saturday night and take him out, and on his next fight he's gonna be doing the same thing to the next guy. That's him. He's like that guy in high school, you know - 'oh no man, here comes Frank'.

He's hit the nail on the head for me there. That's dead on the same feeling I get watching Frank Mir.

I've gone for Henderson, Thomson & Mir treble. I really fancy Henderson and Thomson to win. I'm picking Cormier to win but Mir at 3/1 is a nice price, if it ends up on the ground he can end it quickly. I still think Cormier via first round TKO/KO, but I'll be supporting Mir!

Archived