Your Wrestling Figure Promotions

Forrest

• Paid Members
I stopped buying WWF figures in late 1994, and I think one of the last ones I got was this version of Crush, but I never knew anyone else who had it - is it quite rare?

Yes. The last series of Hasbros released are all fairly hard to come by, and they are Crush #3, Yokozuna #2 (white belt), Adam Bomb, 1-2-3 Kid, Ludvig Borga, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn. I personally have Yoko and Bomb.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Here was my Undertaker until I got a proper one. Personally, I think this is a brilliant substitute.

1141_pd1144549_1.jpg

I can't remember who I used this bollock-chinned Nazi figure from Thundercats for. Might've been El Gigante.

IMG_0124.JPG

Earthquake, although with his lack of neck he looks more like King Kong Bundy

ariete-ram-man-he-man-no-estado-estrela-06341-02.jpg

I stopped buying WWF figures in late 1994, and I think one of the last ones I got was this version of Crush, but I never knew anyone else who had it - is it quite rare?

Yes. The last series of Hasbros released are all fairly hard to come by, and they are Crush #3, Yokozuna #2 (white belt), Adam Bomb, 1-2-3 Kid, Ludvig Borga, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn. I personally have Yoko and Bomb.

Wow, I still have it somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. I had Yoko with black pants and red belt too. Don't think I ever saw a Ludvig Borga figure.

• Paid Members

I used to 'update' my Hasbro figures with model aircraft paint. I turned Andre into Vader, which I regret because years late my friends told me Andre figures were rare and I'd be able to sell if for about

• Paid Members
Battering Ram from He-Man.

Ram Man.

Wow, I still have it somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. I had Yoko with black pants and red belt too. Don't think I ever saw a Ludvig Borga figure.

Yeah, dig out old Crush. For giggles. Sell him to me, whatever.

Oh by the way, we already did this thread in 2010 :

http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2154598

And here's some other shite I wrote near the turn of the year.

Only, if you kept Damien long enough and didn't lose him. I used to have Mr. Perfect in both his yellow/blue figures so when he would be eliminated from a rumble, he would com back in later but nobody would notice because of his DIFFERENT COLORED OUTFIT!!!!

Mine were a tag team. Blue was actually Mr Perfect, yellow I assigned a random "normal person" name to, and they were The Perfect Team. I forget what his name was, Mike something. They feuded with The Warriors. I concocted a risible imposter storyline to explain the pair of them, and never felt compelled to distinguish between Hellwig and the nameless "other one." My perennial tag team champions though were Terminator (when he wasn't moonlighting as Diesel) and battle damaged Terminator whose shirt I had painted blue with enamel paint, who in "stupid child nonsense" fashion, I decided were named Fox Mulder & Eugene Toombs. Which really doesn't make sense, were they wrestlers, the pair of them would never team up.

My typical pay per view schedule would usually work something like this :

WRESTLEMANIA

1. Razor Ramon pinned Tatanka after the Razors Edge (because you could do a good Razors Edge on the Tatanka figure, yes?)

2. The Undertaker pinned Virgil after seven chokeslams because it's fun to chokeslam Virgil and one Tombstone.

3. Legion of Doom beat Kamala & Bam Bam Bigelow. After the match Demolition challenged LOD for SummerSlam but LOD said no because they were busy.

4. Fox Mulder & Eugene Tombs beat The Warriors after interference from The Perfect Team

5. British Bulldog pinned Yokozuna after he POWERSLAMMED!!!1111 him.

6. Bret Hart beat Hulk Hogan to retain the WWF title belt with Ferrero Roche gold foil glued to it because the paint has rubbed off.

7. Macho Man pinned Shawn Michaels because I forgot to have their match earlier.

SUMMERSLAM

1. Legion of Doom beat the Nasty Boys and the Bushwhackers and the Natural Disasters all at once, because that's how better they are.

2. Razor Ramon pinned Texas Tornado after the Razors Edge (obviously)

3. Fox Mulder & Eugene Tombs beat The Perfect Team & The Warriors when Warrior #3 distracted Mr Perfect.

4. Hulk Hogan pinned Shawn Michaels. Shawn is Bret's homosexual nemesis, he never goes over.

5. Crush pinned Yokozuna after he POWERSLAMMED!!!!111 him.

6. Demolition beat Bam Bam Bigelow and his new partner Crush. Bam Bam doesn't like Kamala any more, and neither do I.

7. Bret Hart pinned Macho Man. Savage avoided the Sharpshooter on account of his legs being stuck together like Snuka and Koko, the genius.

• Paid Members

I've just realised Crush got three Hasbros. THREE!! That's the Hogan, Warrior, Savage category. Undertaker and Bret Hart only got two I believe. Crush went through three characters. And Crush didn't have the tenure of the other figures. If you average it out, Hogan, Warrior and Savage were around for most if not all of the Hasbro run. Crush's figures were from 91-94. He must have been on the A-list at Hasbro HQ, belting out paint jobs at the frequency of Cena, Punk and Rey Mysterio. I once read that they were going at such a high rate of Crush stuff, he actually turned up in one of Hasbros Monopoly boards when there was a lack of interest in board games. Yet more evidence they should have given him the belt. He was on Sega games, NES games, he turned up on WrestleFest. Randy Savage didn't even make the cut there. He was even on the fucking pin ball machine. He was even on the press poster for the pin ball machine. Roddy Piper could barely get a bit of merch out and Crush was a juggernaut in that department. He was so over Stock Aitken Waterman penned him a song and Simon Cowell produced it for him. Fuck Fandango and this shite fad. He'll be gone in six months, working Robbie E and Tyson T-Bone on Fludder's DVDs. That song should have been in the top 40. Nobody is going to tell me he wasn't the man. If he had that much shit on the shelves in 2013, they'd have given him a run with the belt.

Bret Hart can say what he likes, but the rumours I heard (which I might have made up) was that Hogan didn't want to put Crush over in 93.

• Paid Members
I've just realised Crush got three Hasbros. THREE!! That's the Hogan, Warrior, Savage category.

Only Savage and Hogan had 4 Hasbro releases, yeah? Nobody else. Hogan had 5 if you count the red leotard mailaway,

I know what some of you are thinking, there were only 3 Savages. Well, you're WRONG. They actually released the "Macho King" mold on a "Macho Man" card, coming without the crown or scepter and with "Macho Man" on his arse instead of "Macho King." I know, because I bought it.

• Paid Members

That was a massive cop out by Hasbro. They could have at least put a robe on Macho King. A crown and the scepter wasn't good enough I'm afraid. Was it that much trouble to paint the trunks silver or something?

Still had it though. Swapped it for a Brian Knobs, but kept the crown and scepter. Knobs had a solo run in my promotion years before the Hardcore division was introduced.

Archived