Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Awards Moderator

He's in the middle of being taught that being rich isn't everything, though. I'm liking the way that Jaime and Cersei's lives are in a kind of parallel downward spiral at the moment. Jaime's is the most obvious but with Cersei, to have gone from the all powerful Queen in the first series to a mother who can't control her child in the second, to someone who is being undermined from all sides - her father, her future daughter-in-law, etc - it's a really interesting dynamic for her.

Speaking of odd favourites, although I'm rooting for Dany to get the big win in the series, as far as individual characters go, The Hound is one I've enjoyed more than just about any other over the last series and a half. Very much looking forward to seeing how the animosity between him and his brother eventually pans out.

• Paid Members
I'm rooting for Dany to get the big win in the series

After that episode, me too. After the first series I was hoping a Robb Stark and Jon Snow led army would reign supreme, but now I want Dany to just own everything. She's fucking awesome. What a leader.

George RR Martin is all about shades of grey. No one is all good or bad. That is what makes the story interesting.

Yeah, air_raid posted the whole quote from him about that on the previous page

I've only just gotten into this show. About 3 weeks ago I hadn't heard of Game of Thrones, and I've now seen every episode, it's quite addictive!

Dany is my favourite character, the whole reveal of speaking Valyrian, unleashing her dragon and taking a now-free army of 8000 men was an amazing finish, up there with the Blackwater explosion for being a "holy shit" moment, not in terms of surprise, because it was fairly predictable, but the way it was done reeked of awesomeness.

Arya is also great, you get the sense she would have tried to kill the Hound if they let her try. What a little badass.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Paid Members

Cracking episode. The final scene with the Lannisters was brilliant, can't wait to see what happens between them and the Tyrells now. The Starks seem absolutely fucked. Was hoping he was going to say House Martell when he said who was left who hasn't sided with the Lannisters, but good thing us we get to see Walder Frey again. Just realised who/what Littlefinger sounds like- a dubbed Kung-Fu movie.

So, is there anyone left that on here hasn't warmed to Jaime now?

Oh and Stannis has the sweetest daughter.

Edit: I forgot about the BABIES IN JARS. Are...are they alive? Or not and Stannis' wife is just mental? I am guessing the latter.

Edited by PunkStep