Sign in to follow this  
Louch

Game of Thrones - Season SEVEN (No book wankers)

8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So with the Wall now down... the Night's Watch is done for forever now, right? There's no point or need for them anymore, which makes me a bit sad because I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. 

I think they've been a bit irrelevant this season to be honest. Somewhat inconvenient too. I've loved this season but it does feel a bit off that nobody is calling Jon an oathbreaker for leaving, especially the people who have no idea that he died. Cersei of all people made a big deal about how much she trusted his word in the last episode. It's the same with Sam to a lesser extent. He just turned up at Winterfell because he felt like it, even though he's a sworn brother of the Night's Watch who is actively disobeying an order, etc. It's not a massive thing, like, but it does feel a bit....awkward and like you said, they've served their purpose. Almost all the known characters have left or died. It's really only Dolorous Edd and a bunch of cannon fodder left now.

Anyway, I thought that was a great finale' and an excellent season overall. I'm a nitpicking arsehole but even I don't really care when the show is so good.

Given the wildlings all went to protect eastwatch, and looked to be pretty much crushed by the wall coming down, that's them pretty much gone 

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death"

Jon's covered.

Sam is just on his way back there from the citadel *wink*

Brothers of the Nights Watch can leave under the approval of a monarch, hence why Robb and Stanis had plans to pardon Jon and legitimise the Stark name so he'd be a force for them away from the wall.

16 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death"

Jon's covered.

Sam is just on his way back there from the citadel *wink*

Brothers of the Nights Watch can leave under the approval of a monarch, hence why Robb and Stanis had plans to pardon Jon and legitimise the Stark name so he'd be a force for them away from the wall.

And presumably the lads still up there can now stick a bit of the snowy rubble in their pockets and head south.

First teaser for Final series. Doesn’t reveal much (as is the purpose of teaser trailers), but it does confirm that it’s back in April, not October as some places had reported