Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Apparently the filming schedule is an extended one, running from October until August next year. With post-production and promotion, that's probably February/March 2019 at the earliest. They'd like just wait for their original slot, though, of April/May.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ah, I just assumed there would be 7 episodes again like this series, what with 7 being a meaningful number in Westeros. Still, if they are all 90+ minutes, then that's bloody sweet. Looking forward to seeing what the Golden Company will be like.

7 is an important number, that's why they only wanted to make 7 seasons in the first place. Imagine how rushed it would have been had they not been talked into another season. 

Hopefully the Golden Company will look spectacular, to really make them look different to the others. Cersei said they have elephants, so that will be a fun battle. Dragon v Elephant. 

I love how any time Bran tells someone "I'm the Three Eyed Raven", it's just met with general indifference or absolute confusion.

Theon hulking up didn't do anything for me. I'd just finishing saying "he's so fucking pathetic" and then he missed the chance to go all Eoin McLove and proclaim "I've got no Willy". I'd completely forgotten his sister is being held in Kings Landing, that's how much she matters

27 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

he missed the chance to go all Eoin McLove and proclaim "I've got no Willy"

I thought the very same.

I'm a very casual viewer and don't know the ins and outs, but there isn't any way the night king could be the zombie version of the mad king or anything daft like that?  His mate looks like a mulletted Tywin as well.

• Paid Members

There's a popular theory online that Bran is going to time travel and end up becoming the Night King but I think that's bollocks. I don't really think the identity of the Night King is really of any importance or that they'll even bother explaining what they want or why they want to kill everyone. I hope not anyway. Who gives a fuck?

• Paid Members

I hate these online theories (excepting the person here who got Hold The Door spot on) — It's like fucking Louise Mensch and the Trump/Russia controversy — if you say literally EVERYTHING, some things are bound to be true. I half expect the Night King to turn out to be the Bailiff of the Supreme Court, showing up to deliver a sealed indictment to Cersei. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Didn't they already show who the Night King was? That nameless fella the Children of the Forest converted to help fight the First Men?

We saw him tied to a tree or something...

Bran had warged into him at that point in the past, or warged into the Night King at a later point, or something warg. Anyway you slice it, it's all about warging. Bran has full access to everything that has ever happened, like Sam in that Oldtown library, and can warg anywhere, so all bets are off. He was Ned AND Joffrey, and Ilyn Payne, and he warged into the sword too.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

48 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't really think the identity of the Night King is really of any importance or that they'll even bother explaining what they want or why they want to kill everyone. I hope not anyway

Yeah that suits me, just have a smashing machine with no emo backstory.

• Paid Members

One small thing I really liked was when Littlefinger was begging for his life he dropped his ridiculous over the top voice and started using his normal voice. A really great touch and magnificiently done by Aiden Gillian.

• Paid Members

I thought the whole Night King and why they want to kill everyone had already been explained. The Children Of The Forest  created the first White Walker to fight the Andals when they came over the sea from Essos and started cutting down the forests. The Walkers got out of their control pretty quickly and started killing everyone and then raising them up as zombies to fight for them. They want to kill everyone because that's what they were designed for. 

• Moderators

I think this season was good, with some very good moments, but I do think overall this season has felt pretty "basic". Not unenjoyable TV by any means but definitely has felt simplistic than previous seasons.

Wild thought from last episode...did Qyburn leverage some sort of white walker ability to turn The Mountain into "Zombie" Mountain?

• Moderators

I don't think so - I think they intentionally intended to show that it sparked something in his imagination though, as it's clearly close to his area of research.

It might be foreshadowing him coming up with something. Or maybe it was just a good little bit of characterisation that goes nowhere (more likely).

So they never shown us the conclusion to Tyrion and Cersei's discussion but they did show him lurking in the shadows. Has he fucked his queen over for the greater good of mankind with the hope that his Neice/Nephew can be tbw great white hope?

It was weird as fuck doing the Jons a Targaeryan reveal over him nailing Aunt Diane.