Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

I don't really care about the travelling time - let's say it took 4 days then. So what? Did you want them to waste 3 episodes sitting on the ice talking about life?

And who says gravity is the same as Earth? Maybe ravens can fly faster in Westeros. Why weren't these dorks complaining about the fact that Wights don't really exist, or swords can't go on fire out of nowhere? Or virtually everything else not being based on Earth physics & reality?

I think you're missing the point. No-one wants to see them sitting around on the ice. But if they spend a couple second showing us evidence of the fact that they at least camped there overnight then it's easier to reconcile the timeline in your head and no-one would bother making a question of it at all.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

if they spend a couple second showing us evidence of the fact that they at least camped there overnight then it's easier to reconcile the timeline in your head and no-one would bother making a question of it at all.

They did though. It cut to them sitting in a huddle completely frozen, for what could have been days. They even found Dennis Pennis dead.

That to me means "significant time has passed - you decide how much". They were all asleep - that indicates they were so knackered that they fell asleep while surrounded by wights.

got%2001.png

got%2002.png

got%2003.png

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Re the above. I'm sure I read the other day that when Gendry got to The Wall, it was dark, and the next time you see them on the rock, it was light. So they kinda acknowledged some time had passed.

Yeah, it seemed like dusk. Just watched it back to get those screenshots.

Are we also assuming their days have 24 hours? We know their seasons are off. Winter last 100 years. So what if 1 day is 70 hours?

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members
On 8/22/2017 at 6:17 AM, Silky Kisser said:

I laughed out loud when Thoros seemingly died from his wounds and cold exposure, then Berric just pulls out a flaming sword. Why the fuck didn't he light that sucker up when they were freezing their tits off for 24 hours or however long they were stood there.

I reckon it knackers a sword up to be on fire, so they can't go using it as fuel and costing themselves a weapon.

• Paid Members

I don't care to be honest, it's a fantasy show so theres a level of suspension of disbelief  but the way it was filmed made it look like it'd been a few hours overnight, no more. Like Chest said, it would have been easy enough to add in something to give give a vague idea there had been a passage of time ( having a fire that slowly went out, making more of the fact that the ice was freezing again, have another one of the red shirts with them freeze to death, anything) It just wasn't handled very well.

• Paid Members

Put it this way- if it took Gendry about 4 years to row from Dragonstone to King's Landing via the Blackwater Rush, then it probably took him a decade to run to Eastwatch. No wonder Dennis Pennis died in the meantime.

• Paid Members

Spoiler for episode 7 (and series 36):

Seems like there's a simple solution to all this bickering. If the "dead dragon = Dani can have a kid now" theory proves correct, she and Jon can have a little incesty kid. Wait a few years for that kid to hook up with Cersei and Jamie's incesty kid. They then have a kid together that not only hopefully has a working set of genes, but can sit on the Iron Throne without any complaints.

FUUUUCK. Sorry everyone, wrong tags.

Edited by JNLister