Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

19 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Bran's going to warg Drogon and fuck her up isn't he? 

But she's fireproof. That would only work if Bran was distracting Drogon by taking him for a nice fly over Westeros whilst the people (Arya) did what they needed to do.

I thought it was good. I don't get how people are so butthurt about it. We all knew how many episodes were in this season, and there was little to no chance of the Battle of King's Landing being the final episode.

The most common complaints I've seen are "mrehhh Dany's Mad Queen Shit came out of nowhere" but just in the space of this season she has arrived in Westeros, been dismissed and derided by everyone she's met, lost her closest advisor, lost her closest friend, lost a boyfriend, found out her boyfriend is in fact her nephew and has a greater claim to the throne than she has, lost her second dragon and had to put up with people plotting against her. There is no wonder she went all Mad Queen on them. 

Does anyone think the letter Varys burnt was a red herring and that he has already sent the actual one to someone important?

I was quite gutted that he was turned into a human candle; always thought he would have a bigger part to play. 

18 minutes ago, deathrey said:

But she's fireproof. That would only work if Bran was distracting Drogon by taking him for a nice fly over Westeros whilst the people (Arya) did what they needed to do.

Dragons have teeth. 

All I'm getting from this thread is that I'm glad I don't read about / discuss this show anywhere except here and in a group chat with my mates. 

That episode was great. Some amazing visuals - that shot of Arya standing in the light after the dragon fire was probably my favourite. Clegane battle did not disappoint. I did call how pathetic and easy to dispatch the bolt throwers would be this week, but I guess you can explain that away with 'element of surprise' last week.

For all the talk of predictability, although the main points may be, the way things actually played out was really interesting tbh. I have no idea who is going to kill Dany and how but I'm damned excited to find out.

39 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Does anyone think the letter Varys burnt was a red herring and that he has already sent the actual one to someone important?

I took those scenes as he'd already sent loads of letters out on ravens (he had a stack already written and rolled in the first scene, where the kid had been trying to poison Dany), and he was just burning the latest one he'd written.

Also, regarding how quickly Rhaegal got killed by the bolts, as well as the element of surprise, he was still fucked up from the Battle of Winterfell, with holes in his wings. There was that scene where they suggested letting him recover from his injuries before they took to King's Landing, but they rushed off instead.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Robert Baratheon was right all along then - should have topped Dany in Season 1.

Belting episode, great payoff to all the long, long storylines.  Anyone complaining about GoT at this point has really not been paying attention.  War is hell, people.  I'm now trying to work out what the darkest ending is, I'd like to see the series end on a proper "oof" moment so the nerds can lose their shit over it.

Just now, Loki said:

Robert Baratheon was right all along then - should have topped Dany in Season 1.

Belting episode, great payoff to all the long, long storylines.  Anyone complaining about GoT at this point has really not been paying attention.  War is hell, people.  I'm now trying to work out what the darkest ending is, I'd like to see the series end on a proper "oof" moment so the nerds can lose their shit over it.

Bran warging into Arya's white horse and Catherine the Great-ing her.

Tyrion cutting Jon Snow's throat, marrying Dany and then basically hanging out the back of her?

The dragon going nuts and burning everyone alive before spontaneously combusting, leaving Samwell - hiding under a rock - the only survivor in Westeros.

I think Tyrion is a contender for the Throne now.

I actually wonder whether Tyrion suggesting Dany/Jon getting married to unite the North/South is a foreshadowing of him taking the Iron Throne (well, having Jon hand it to him) and marrying Sansa (marriage of convenience or not) and uniting the Seven Kingdoms. Hell, Jon could fuck off North to Tormund and Ghost and become the King of the North-North. Unite the entire continent.

The Golden Company are the Shockmaster of this show. Big build up...then completely shat the bed.

Arya to kill the Night King AND the Mad Queen? I don't see it. 

I also can't see Sansa killing her either. 

I think she'll off herself in a moment of realisation and grief. Maybe after Dullworm gets got because of another shit decision. 

Jon to take the Throne in an effort to repent and repay for the innocents killed at Kings Landing. Sansa to become Queen of the North.

Les McQueen shows up to repossess the Red Keep, and discovers what has happened. The iron bank assassinates everyone except Bronn, the only person left in westeros with any money

Echo everything in this thread really. The best thing I've read on another forum was some virgin complaining that dragonfire now makes buildings collapse - as though there's some real life reference point for this.

The only minor gripe I had was how Cersei died - I'm in the camp of wanting someone to properly fuck her up. She almost died with dignity, in the arms of the man she loved. I wanted her to get her comeuppance good and proper.

Right, I'm off to research the properties of dragonfire.