Louch

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

FUCKING DIIIIIIIE

Just watched it for the second time and I still love it.  One of my favourite episodes of the lot.  Jon Snow's what have we unleashed face, Hound and Mountain slugfest, but half a star off for the woman with ears though as she seems to be in everything at the moment, and I'm a little upset that Euron won't be the last one standing.

13 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

EDIT: How do you get Twitter links to embed properly? That hasn't worked at all.

That sketch was my first thought while that was happening. 

Dany has always been a tyrant, how anyone couldn't see that is beyond me. Hell she only gave a shit about slavery because her brother sold her.

She's constantly ignored advice and butchered anyone that got in her way. While I'm at it, fuck Greyworm as well the boring cunt.

"Fandoms" can fuck right off. They ruin everything.

Amazing episode.

That was fucking belting that. 

My only negative is the fall out of that episode deserves a full season in itself. How they're ending this show after that has me baffled. 

Have they basically just gone full circle to Aegon the Conquerer sacking and burning Harrenhall? 

Dany has to fall after that, she just has to. 

Fuck that was good, it's done it's job perfectly as I'm aching to see the conclusion. Great TV. Duck anyone with negativity for that. 

Bloody brilliant. I thought that was a superb episode "Sandor" christ that hit me hard. 

Got to be Sansa to kill Dany now. Can see Drogon turning on her as well when Jon has his heritage revealed. 

Next week is going to move at breakneck speed to tie everything up you would think. 

1 minute ago, Joe Blog said:

Got to be Sansa to kill Dany now.

Surely they’ve set up Arya to take Dany out after coming so close to being burned alive herself

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Surely they’ve set up Arya to take Dany out after coming so close to being burned alive herself

I don't know. I think we will get Arya looking like she is going to only for Sansa to do it. Much like when Arya killed Littlefinger. I still feel Sansa needs to come full circle and her killing the mad queen (like she wanted to kill cersie) will complete that. 

I actually felt sad when Cersai and Jamie died, and now hate Dany more than Joffrey and Ramsey. How the fuck did they manage that?

Bad writing my arse.

I was so convinced that Cersai would go out like a deranged supervillain, that seeing her die a more subdued and human death was a punch in the gut.

CleganeBowl did not disappoint.

CleganeBowl didn’t  play out how I’d imagined at all, but it really was fucking spectacular.

Gregor taking tactical inspiration from prequel Obi Wan by securing the higher ground, Sandor throwing absolutely everything at him and nothing working, the eye-gouge callback...only for them to both plummet to their deaths into the fire, which was were their whole feud started when they were kids, masterful stuff

22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Next week is going to move at breakneck speed to tie everything up you would think. 

Hopefully not as quick as the credits this week, mind you four pages for stuntmen alone. 

We all know where the CGI cash went, loved the shot of Drogon through the ruins as Clegane fought Clegane. And the final visuals with Arya were awesome too, especially the one framed between the buildings. 

Bran's going to warg Drogon and fuck her up isn't he? 

Edited by Teedy Kay

Was a great episode. Wonderfully shot and some great storylines in there. I will say that as far as the "poor writing" goes I did find the Dragon vs Crossbow to be pretty weak, I mean last week they get fucked up easily and this week unstoppable.

Hound vs Mountain was great.

It interests me that a lot of deep-fantasy loons are the ones that are butthurt the most about GoT this year. They've elevated this show in their own minds to some form of high art, deep meaning piece of history.

In recent years, it's had Coldplay, Ed Sheeran and (last night) Aaron Rodgers cameos. If it ever was what they think it is, it's not anymore.

It's big-ticket, popcorn cinema. Beautifully shot, exciting, often well-acted for sure. But it's not an 'OSCAR WINNER'. It's The Avengers in chainmail.