Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Awards Moderator

Indeed! Bit of a shocker, that's for sure. Poor Jaime. He is becoming one of my favourites this season and the slow turn from being a villain is working really well.

No Tyrells this week, which is a shame, but the Podrick scenes made up for it, they were great. I'm loving the chemistry between Mormont and Barristan in the Dany scenes, too. The only thing I'm not really enjoying that much are the Night's Watch / Jon bits. Ciaran Hinds is a good Mance Rayder, and I'm sure this'll change once Giantsbane and Jon get to the Wall, but I haven't been that interested in anything they've done since I saw the giant in the first episode. As for the Watch, they've always been among my favourites but it feels a bit like they're just killing time at the moment.

Who did the song over the end credits?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Cat is older than Littlefinger, by about 4 years if I remember correctly, though I may be wrong.

Her age isn't given at any point I don't think, but by the things that are said about/by her I would guess she is in her late 30's, maybe even early 40's. Cut her a little slack, she is meant to look weary and old beyond her years. First her husband was beheaded, her two daughters are being held captive by his beheaders, her son was flung out of a window and crippled, and now maybe dead along with her youngest son, her father has just died and her oldest son is at war and has just made a major cock up,and she is currently being held as a a captive as people think she committed treason for releasing Jaime. I'd look pretty fucking haggard if that were me.

Edit: forgot her house has just been burnt to the ground along with everyone who lived there and she saw what she assumes is a ghost kill Renly

Edited by deathrey

• Moderators

Forgot to post about this.

Awesome ending! this has now gone from "glad it's back on telly and fun to watch" to desperately awaiting next week's installment. They're really getting going now with this season!

Danyaris (sp? no idea) is pissing me off a little though. Way too soft. that is unless of course she be fixin' to raze that fucking city to the ground with her new army of slaves like I think she is. That will totally redeem her.

Harmonic - I still think Jamie is a total cock; I've not forgotten what he did before! Well deserved amputating.

• Awards Moderator

Don't underestimate Daenerys, Chest! I have faith she knows what she's doing - and that's not just because I think she's the least annoying she's been for ages at the moment. I got quite sick of her last season but I like her more again now.

I feel bad for feeling bad for Jaime now, too. Thinking back, yeah, he got what was coming to him, but still, it was a bit harsh... they could have at least chopped off the left hand rather than the right!

I was massively shocked when Danerys agreed to give a dragon in payment. I always feel like she is on the cusp of doing something great but seems to be taking an awful lot of time to get there.

It really was a great episode this week, I can't wait till next week. Im sure this has probably been discussed before but Im new to the TV show, I was a book reader, but I love the way they manage to work humour in to the show, some of the oneliners are brilliant, and the scene with the chair moving during the meeting was so funny and excellently done.

• Paid Members

How many of you have read the current book that the series is based off of?

I love seeing the reactions of viewers who have no idea what's coming.

Also, I got a dodgy download of the latest episode, and the indie version of the Bear and the Maiden started playing over the closing scenes. I found it hilarious, but also irksome since I wanted to enjoy the dialogue.

• Moderators

Yeah.. surely she does have something up her sleeve though, even if it's not what I said, right??

Obviously don't answer that since you know what happens.. but she better do something badass, dammit!

Ha! Yes. I forgot about that chair scene.. that was great.

edit:

Also, I got a dodgy download of the latest episode, and the indie version of the Bear and the Maiden started playing over the closing scenes. I found it hilarious, but also irksome since I wanted to enjoy the dialogue.

I had the same download, so I have no idea what he said to him as he lopped his hand off. It was pretty distracting! I haven't bothered getting a different version though because it was the end of the episode and I assume they'll show it in the recap at the start of next week.

I didn't miss anything massively crucial did I?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Not really, it was something along the lines of 'but your daddy's not here now' if I remember correctly.

I've read it Nexus, both parts are excellent, I'd highly recommend reading them. They have added some extra things in that are not in the book, and there are some new scenes, which for someone who already knows what will happen, it keeps it interesting.

My lips are sealed Chest :devil:

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
I was massively shocked when Danerys agreed to give a dragon in payment. I always feel like she is on the cusp of doing something great but seems to be taking an awful lot of time to get there.

Yeah.. surely she does have something up her sleeve though, even if it's not what I said, right??

Obviously don't answer that since you know what happens.. but she better do something badass, dammit!

Next episode, I feel, will be a belter in respect to Dany's arc. Unless it's her turn to not be in it. One of the things I've enjoyed is playing "figure out who wasn't in it this week" at the end of the episodes, for example Bran wasn't in the first, nor Arya, nor Jaime & Brienne. I was disappointed it took until the third episode to see Varys, I admit.

• Paid Members

Varys' smirk during the Small Council scene as he watched Cersei/Tyrion/Tywin react was brilliant.

Brienne/Jaime's argument on the horse was also great, as was Dany putting the two men in their place.

Edited by Nexus