Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought the very same.

I'm a very casual viewer and don't know the ins and outs, but there isn't any way the night king could be the zombie version of the mad king or anything daft like that?  His mate looks like a mulletted Tywin as well.

Aye I'd thought that too, especially with the main white walkers under him having long white/blonde hair, similar to Rhaegar/Viserys. It's probably utter bollocks and have nothing to it though.

• Paid Members

Viserion is going to end up Jon's dragon somehow.

And bragging about Elephants in your army when the opposition have the greatest Warg in history isn't going to go well for you.

Arya, The Hound and Brienne (w/Pod) to go on an excursion to Kings Landing after Jamie tells them of Cersei's plan, with Arya taking out Cersei whilst donning a mask of Joffrey and The Hound ending his brother whilst maybe also going out himself would be a good little sidebar to the war being waged up North next season I feel.

Good series that, people moaning about how the pace has moved on and not getting the joys of four sets of travelling partners each episode of every series with just 2 out the entire series being full blown wowness, well they just don't understand the importance of the action rather than character building in the final seasons. The welcome to Kings Landing scenes in the final episode were proof of that, all the characters are filled out and the required relationships have been built. Now on to waging a war against the Walkers, Dragons fighting Dragons and Aegon 'Jon' Targaryan becoming ruler of fucking everything.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Did they even survive the collapse of the wall? The Wights were just casually strolling through without having to fight anyone.

I've got to think that Tormund was too notable of a character to die offscreen like that, although the casual emergence of a wight Tormund would be a real kick in the balls for Jon "Aegon Targaryan" Sand-Snow.

• Awards Moderator

I was thinking more long-term - once the White Walkers are (presumably) defeated, and everyone's realised wildlings aren't so bad, and the Wall isn't standing, will the realm need the Watch anymore? I'm thinking probably not, sadly!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So with the Wall now down... the Night's Watch is done for forever now, right? There's no point or need for them anymore, which makes me a bit sad because I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. 

I think they've been a bit irrelevant this season to be honest. Somewhat inconvenient too. I've loved this season but it does feel a bit off that nobody is calling Jon an oathbreaker for leaving, especially the people who have no idea that he died. Cersei of all people made a big deal about how much she trusted his word in the last episode. It's the same with Sam to a lesser extent. He just turned up at Winterfell because he felt like it, even though he's a sworn brother of the Night's Watch who is actively disobeying an order, etc. It's not a massive thing, like, but it does feel a bit....awkward and like you said, they've served their purpose. Almost all the known characters have left or died. It's really only Dolorous Edd and a bunch of cannon fodder left now.

Anyway, I thought that was a great finale' and an excellent season overall. I'm a nitpicking arsehole but even I don't really care when the show is so good.