Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

4 hours ago, JNLister said:

Oh bollocks. Apologies again for the wrong tags.

For those who read it, nothing mentioned in that post is actually revealed in the episode beyond what was shown in the trailer. 

39 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Don't worry, there's nothing spoily in there, it's just plot speculation based on stuff we've already seen.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, gents!

Someone on my twitter was having a right shit fit about this episode. I thought it was a rollocking good romp, and there they were getting all teary about the theoretical capabilities of an Ice Dragon and the predictability of Jon and Dany fucking. I just think, if you've watched it this far and you're disappointed, just go and re-examine what's important in your life, because it really doesn't matter at this stage. There's a handful of episodes left and shit needs to get resolved. Just because we're not getting 8 episodes of lads travelling on horseback doesn't mean it's not good. Enjoy it.

And can I just say how much I enjoyed the Russo-tastic swerve with Arya and Sansa  :laugh:

I think Thrones has been caught up in an Internet bandwagon.

There were a few dissenting voices last week, and then this week the floodgates have opened. You've got Wired, Vice, The Guardian et al, all doing hit pieces on how it's gone to shit and how it's letting its audience down. It's all over-egged, of course, as they try and stay ahead of the Internet hive mind.

I could see how last weeks was flawed, story being rushed in an attempt to be grandiose and hit the high notes maybe, but this week felt like solid, old school Thrones. A really strong episode.

The Internet is really dull at times.

I thought it was one of the strongest seasons. Really enjoyed it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I read an article about how we are heading toward the end of the 'Peak TV' era and it mentioned that because Rotten Tomatoes now rates TV shows, critics basically look to pan or laud a show, with no in between.

Anyway, I think GoT is great. I feel like if you watched that finale and are bitching, go watch something else.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

critics basically look to pan or laud a show, with no in between.

Yeah I think there is a lot in this. Something is either awesome or dogshit these days, if you go by people's judgements. Then again, I suppose you're more likely to comment something if you feel strongly at either end of the scale rather than tweeting that you thought a show was 'not bad'.

I haven't read the online tantrums over this series/finale, so I have no idea why people are whining for. I liked it. Ok, most of it was predictable (the wall coming down, Stark sisters Russo swerving Littlefinger, Cersei agreeing to a truce and then plotting, Sam & Bran finding out the truth together, Jon and Dany doing sex), but it was fine and they are at the point where they now need to start closing certain storylines. We are near the end now, only 7 episodes left of the entire show.

Tbh hardcore Thrones fans are like wrestling fans- you'll never please them. They want everything to go the way they want whilst at the same time they need to be surprised and shocked.

• Moderators

I don't much care for this meta discussion about what other people thought about it on the internet. Who gives a fuck? We have our own community to discuss it here. Let's argue with each other instead of talking about the opinions of idiots.

I thought it was a great episode. A little disappointed about the Euron reveal; that would have been fucking hilarious if we just never saw him again.

Baelish squirming was a delight. Sansa managed not to fuck up for the first time ever which was the biggest shock of the episode. Bran finally managed to be of some use, and Sam has really turned it around. He was pretty much my most hated character up until this series.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't much care for this meta discussion about what other people thought about it on the internet. Who gives a fuck?

I'm pretty much at this point with everything (Music, TV, sports) Since binning my facebook & culling loads of shit accounts I followed on twitter it's been a game changer.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed that episode. The Wall coming down was predictable but it was certainly spectacular, and it had to happen. The army of the dead can't be a threat if they can't get by the Wall. Let's face it even Hulk Hogan can spot a Wall he can get past from a mile away. 

Just 6 episodes left now, and we may have to wait until 2019 for them. Certainly enough time for the real hardcore fans to ramp the anticipation up to a level so high that it is impossible to meet, and perhaps even time for

*BOOK WANKER ALERT* the 6th book to come out *BOOK WANKER ALERT*

32 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah I think there is a lot in this. Something is either awesome or dogshit these days, if you go by people's judgements. Then again, I suppose you're more likely to comment something if you feel strongly at either end of the scale rather than tweeting that you thought a show was 'not bad'.

I haven't read the online tantrums over this series/finale, so I have no idea why people are whining for. I liked it. Ok, most of it was predictable (the wall coming down, Stark sisters Russo swerving Littlefinger, Cersei agreeing to a truce and then plotting, Sam & Bran finding out the truth together, Jon and Dany doing sex), but it was fine and they are at the point where they now need to start closing certain storylines. We are near the end now, only 7 episodes left of the entire show.

Tbh hardcore Thrones fans are like wrestling fans- you'll never please them. They want everything to go the way they want whilst at the same time they need to be surprised and shocked.

Woah there, Nelly.

Only 6 episodes left. In 2019. Sake.

But they're all 90 mins+ apparently, which is something.

I can't quite shake the idea that the old Night King is going to get his hands on Cersei and her unborn, turn them blue, and we'll end up with the Nights Heir and the Rightful Heir (that being the kid of Jon and Dany, which he'll definitely call Ned).

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Ah, I just assumed there would be 7 episodes again like this series, what with 7 being a meaningful number in Westeros. Still, if they are all 90+ minutes, then that's bloody sweet. Looking forward to seeing what the Golden Company will be like.