Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment

Just been told about this promotion running a show in Derbyshire on April 25th. Have done a quick search on here but found nothing obvious (although that could well be my fault) and a quick Google only revealed a page that looks to have last been updated in 2010. Basically, does anyone know anything about them or what sort of people will be on that show?

Thanks.

• Paid Members
Just been told about this promotion running a show in Derbyshire on April 25th. Have done a quick search on here but found nothing obvious (although that could well be my fault) and a quick Google only revealed a page that looks to have last been updated in 2010. Basically, does anyone know anything about them or what sort of people will be on that show?

Thanks.

This is what Google chucked up:

http://www.ultimatewrestlingentertainmentuk.webs.com/

• Paid Members
There's plenty of UWE stuff on YouTube from the summer shows in Filey, Bridlington, etc if you fancy checking it out. I remember coming across it all when putting together Paul Malen's write-up in last year's UKFF UK50.

I can't even begin to imagine how long they take you to do 50 of them !!!!

This is the card for the show in Chesterfield on Saturday. Doesn't look like the UK Undertaker is there :( . I was looking forward to him going 2-0 at the Winding Wheel.

In the main event, hometown hero Bully Boy Carter gets a golden opportunity at the UWE Megaslam Championship when taking on 'Prince of Passion' Mick Romeo, there's a return for 'Real Deal' Danny Steel as he takes on Yorkshire challenger, Lewis Paradise, 'Teenage Dirtbag' Terry Isit faces off with the man they love to hate, 'The President' Money Benjamin, in a exciting encounter, 'The Prodigy' Paul Malen faces 'The Pin Up' Rick Armani and there's also appearances for 'Barbie Girl' Croft & High Flying Sensation, 20 year old 'Mr Hype' El Ritmo. Tickets available at Winding Wheel now or right up until showtime.

They also don't pay lots of venues and/or don't turn up when ticket sales are crap or the don't have a team. Once turned up to a show with 5 performers. Note the term performers because that includes a referee, who worked the first match and then came back out and reffed. This isn't even 'industry sleaze'. Had a good half a dozen venues tell us these stories. When speaking to venues we spend 50% of the conversation persuading them we're not these guys

I will say that though I'm hoping that's in the past and I have heard the shows have at least improved a little. Using the likes of Paul Malen and Stixx's boys can only be a good thing.

Archived