UFC 159: 'Jones vs Sonnen'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dana said in press scrum today Chael got attacked by a fan at the TUF Finale last week for comments about Brazil.

I am amazed some people will take him that seriously. I understand why you would dislike Chael, even though I do not. I can see why people would find his trash talk lame and the attention he gets undeserved. He is a bigger star than Shogun, Hendo and Aldo who are all better fighter than him and that is sure to annoy some.

But, some fans act like the Chael you see in that classic interview with Helwani is the real life man. If I met Chael in the street (hey I can dream) I doubt he would greet me by saying "Hey Jim I am the man with largest arms and most charm" Floyd Mayweather is someone who is probably the Floyd you see on Boxing shows in real life, but with Chael as we have seen on TUF he is not "Chael P Sonnen" 24/7

Some MMA fans are really stupid and cannot see the nod and the wink with Chael.

Have a blast Lamby, make sure you take some good pictures.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nah, its been said many times that the Floyd Mayweather we see in front of the cameras is Floyd "Money" Mayweather and that hes quite different and a real sound guy away from the camera.

Floyd just plays the game.

• Paid Members

He might be good with fans and stuff but he did batter his girlfriend. Most of the people saying he's a sound guy are probably basing it off a 30 second interaction where he's been paid to be there. Who's to say that's the real him? I'm sure he hams it up for the cameras but if his obnoxious 'Money' Mayweather persona isn't the real him then he should have a great post-fight career in Hollywood because he pulls off egotistical cocky twat very very convincingly.

Fantastic all-time great boxer - bit of a cunt, is how I see Floyd. I just think there's more evidence out there that shows him in a cunty light than a good guy light.

It doesn't surprise me that a fan swung for Chael. It surprises me more that it's taken this long with how gullible and easily wound up some fans are. Remember before UFC 148 when Brazilian journalists were ambushing Chael with shock pens? It's ridiculous.

Dana said in press scrum today Chael got attacked by a fan at the TUF Finale last week for comments about Brazil.

I am amazed some people will take him that seriously. I understand why you would dislike Chael, even though I do not. I can see why people would find his trash talk lame and the attention he gets undeserved. He is a bigger star than Shogun, Hendo and Aldo who are all better fighter than him and that is sure to annoy some.

But, some fans act like the Chael you see in that classic interview with Helwani is the real life man. If I met Chael in the street (hey I can dream) I doubt he would greet me by saying "Hey Jim I am the man with largest arms and most charm" Floyd Mayweather is someone who is probably the Floyd you see on Boxing shows in real life, but with Chael as we have seen on TUF he is not "Chael P Sonnen" 24/7

Some MMA fans are really stupid and cannot see the nod and the wink with Chael.

Have a blast Lamby, make sure you take some good pictures.

You're honestly surprised? I've heard instances of people attacking soap television stars for things their character did! There are deranged, mentally challenged folk out there.

• Paid Members
He might be good with fans and stuff but he did batter his girlfriend. Most of the people saying he's a sound guy are probably basing it off a 30 second interaction where he's been paid to be there. Who's to say that's the real him? I'm sure he hams it up for the cameras but if his obnoxious 'Money' Mayweather persona isn't the real him then he should have a great post-fight career in Hollywood because he pulls off egotistical cocky twat very very convincingly.

Fantastic all-time great boxer - bit of a cunt, is how I see Floyd. I just think there's more evidence out there that shows him in a cunty light than a good guy light.

It doesn't surprise me that a fan swung for Chael. It surprises me more that it's taken this long with how gullible and easily wound up some fans are. Remember before UFC 148 when Brazilian journalists were ambushing Chael with shock pens? It's ridiculous.

Hard to say, im just going by what ive heard, who knows? Hes awesone whatever (except for slapping his bird).

You hear exactly the same things about Adrien Broner already too...incidentally he recently got pulled up for smacking a bird about :(

• Paid Members

Broner obviously bought the Floyd Mayweather - How To Be A Cunt starter kit when he got into boxing. Broner is an awesome fighter, he's something to really get excited about at a time where boxing needs it with Mayweather and Pacquiao at the tail end of their careers. I want to like him but everything about him screams 'total fucking bellend' to me.

Anyway, back on topic, this is a week away now. Main card predictions? I think it's a pretty tough set of fights to call. Aside from Jones vs Chael and maybe Nelson vs Kongo. I think Bisping vs Belcher, Davis vs Vinny and Miller vs Healy are really well matched fights with no clear favourite.

Despite banging on how Belcher is being overlooked (I think he is), I'm being a hypocrite and picking Bisping on points. Just because Belcher tends to run hot or cold whereas Bisping is pretty consistent. If Belcher brings his A game though, like when he fought Palhares, he could win this.

The rest I'm going Nelson by TKO, Miller on points and Vinny by submission.

You're honestly surprised? I've heard instances of people attacking soap television stars for things their character did! There are deranged, mentally challenged folk out there.

Maybe not surprised more disturbed.

The fact a fully grown man does not see the nod and wink with Chael frightens me. The man is a walking cartoon character at times. Floyd is kind of a grey area, he is probably a sound dude to some, but I think he does live up to the "money" moniker. For instance, he trains at stupid hours after clubbing, he gambles insane money on NBA games and did he not burn money in a nightclub once?

I am not saying he does not play up to the cameras. but I think he lives the gimmick so to speak. He may have his shortcomings but I like Floyd, the boxing world would be far duller without him. In contrast, me disliking Jon Anik, proves with myself at the very least, being a nice guy does not always mean I will want to see you on my T.V

Maybe not surprised more disturbed.

The fact a fully grown man does not see the nod and wink with Chael frightens me. The man is a walking cartoon character at times. Floyd is kind of a grey area, he is probably a sound dude to some, but I think he does live up to the "money" moniker. For instance, he trains at stupid hours after clubbing, he gambles insane money on NBA games and did he not burn money in a nightclub once?

I am not saying he does not play up to the cameras. but I think he lives the gimmick so to speak. He may have his shortcomings but I like Floyd, the boxing world would be far duller without him. In contrast, me disliking Jon Anik, proves with myself at the very least, being a nice guy does not always mean I will want to see you on my T.V

Chael must have made some really offensive comments about Brazil. He was warned to ease up by Wanderlei, remember? He knew that he was putting himself in that position.

• Paid Members

Yeah Wandy had a pop about stuff he was saying about Brazil and the Nogs. "In Brazil we have a saying. Have respect and you don't lose your teeth. In Brazil we say that".

Chael was going overboard in the run-up to UFC 148. The line that was something like "I thought since I was coming to Brazil I'd bring some things you people don't have. So I brought packets of soap", was a bit much.

Since Bisping's on the card, I thought these might be worth sharing;

ibkwKOimPqcUqZ.gif

ZMeJSgV.gif

I actually think this card is pretty underrated. People are talking about the main event but there's some really good stuff on the prelims. Erik Perez and Rustam Khabilov are two of my favourite UFC newcomers and I'm hoping to see them keep the momentum going. The women are delivering as well, haven't seen Sheila Gaff but I know Sara McMann is being touted as a top prospect. Really looks a good card top to bottom for me. I think the constant stream of non-stop MMA shows lately has kind of burnt a lot of people out though, which is probably why this card isn't getting quite so much buzz as I thought it would. Even with the likely one-sidedness of the main event.

Hope you have a good time Lamby.

I think it has burnt out the regulars, the types who watch Bellator and the Invicta. But I think the casual audience will be paying on Saturday. As I only watch UFC Main Cards these days, I am not burnt out thankfully.

Oh and sadly, Erik Perez is out against Johnny Bedford, who now fights Bryan Caraway.

• Paid Members

I was just about to post that Countdown video. Hopefully it's a good one.

Oh and sadly, Erik Perez is out against Johnny Bedford, who now fights Bryan Caraway.

Is he? Bastard. That's shit. Caraway/Bedford should still be good but I was looking forward to seeing Perez again.

• Paid Members
I was just about to post that Countdown video. Hopefully it's a good one.

Is he? Bastard. That's shit. Caraway/Bedford should still be good but I was looking forward to seeing Perez again.

Fudge! Was looking forward to seeing Perez.

It's actually a great countdown Wand. Actually makes you believe Chael can pose problems for Jones.

Edit:- The countdown has actually done a great job of building up the undercard. especially Davis/Maghaeles (sp) and Miller/Healy.

Davis and Vinny actually has a lot of bad blood going into this and could actually prove to be an amazing fight!

• Paid Members

i dont really get burnout but i do enjoy a weekend off of MMA action, im usually doubly excited after a week off. This weeks card is a tad underrated but i dont feel the main event is getting anywhere near the hype and build some were expecting.

Last weekends card felt very flat going in but come fight night it delivered as one of the best cards of the year so far.

Archived