Preston City Wrestling Weekender 31/5 & 1/6

fludder99

There was a copper near the bar, I think he came in at the start of The Steiners match....he stayed for the whole match and looked like he was loving it! I can't blame him either.

Having gone to all the Saturday stuff I can't say enough good things. I know some fans of PCW aren't all that fussed about import heavy shows but for me it just keeps the energy up throughout the evening and each guy bought in delivered. Chris Masters more than delivered, I'm already looking forward to Masters-Travis 3 which was unanimously confirmed by the crowd and the two men during the aftermath of the match.

Looking forward to the next one I go down to, I hope Doug Williams' involvement with PCW isn't limited to just the next show as having him holding the championship adds something that bit more special and credible (not that T-Bone wasn't a fantastic champion).

Edit: Did Nigel confirm Masters vs Travis 3 or am I mixing that up with something else?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Looking forward to the next one I go down to, I hope Doug Williams' involvement with PCW isn't limited to just the next show as having him holding the championship adds something that bit more special and credible (not that T-Bone wasn't a fantastic champion).

Given that Dar was getting a 60 minute match for the title, Doug's a great choice for someone that can go 60 minutes and keep up with anybody. If they are going with Dar as champion (I don't really follow PCW closely enough to predict) then taking it from Williams makes him look incredible. I suppose it depends on how often TNA tell him he can come over given the importance of his backstage role there. Who knows.

Edit: Did Nigel confirm Masters vs Travis 3 or am I mixing that up with something else?

Nigel confirmed the next time they are able to book both, that the match will take place, without actually confirming that it's booked. November seems the obvious time to do it if Masters is available. Although I expect Travis to collide with Hardcore, so who knows?

• Paid Members

Bad news for Doug (I assume), its a positive for us lot if we get to see some more of him though. I'm hoping he retains in August, still a fair few of the PCW lot I'd like to see him defend against.

Am I being naive in thinking that given the ad for "NOAM DAR 60 MINUTE PCW TITLE MATCH" has been flying around for months, even before they could advertise it with Dar's opponent, that it's almost a given that it's designed to be the showcase of "look how good Noam Dar is" and that surely Dar (if fully fit) will win? Feels really strange how Doug winning then the two of them wrestling a stalemate for 15 minutes has taken place in order to fit the already-announced stipulation match, rather than the reactive booking of the Iron Man match because of the previous draw.

I'm just being optimistic Noam Dar doesn't win haha. As sound as he is in the ring I don't think he has the fire that lights up the place like a Travis or T-Bone yet and I'm not sure that he is the man to close the show. Obviously he has loads of fans and I may be in the minority. Also, an event originally advertised based on 'Noam Dar in a 60 minute Iron man match' looks like you say, a match set up to show how good Noam Dar is. It looks pretty telegraphed that Dar will win but there are other possible routes they could go.

There was a copper near the bar, I think he came in at the start of The Steiners match....he stayed for the whole match and looked like he was loving it! I can't blame him either.

Had a brief chat with the copper.Think he was a Professional Wrestling fan but got put off by the infantile story lines of WWE/

TNA.So many others say the same sort of thing

• Paid Members

my photos

Cracking job. Shame you didn't get one of Michelle.BMPk9MRCYAAe841.jpgThe reactions in the front row are brilliant.

• Paid Members

Possibly looks like Jushin Thunder Liger is coming over for Supershow 3 as he is wrestling in Holland on the Sunday. Also take it the Masters Vs. Travis 3 will be held at the Supershow also, as the Dutch promotion (Dutch Pro Wrestling) is the one he worked for last Sunday, so would not surprise me if they booked him as well as PCW.

Possibly looks like Jushin Thunder Liger is coming over for Supershow 3 as he is wrestling in Holland on the Sunday. Also take it the Masters Vs. Travis 3 will be held at the Supershow also, as the Dutch promotion (Dutch Pro Wrestling) is the one he worked for last Sunday, so would not surprise me if they booked him as well as PCW.

Liger vs Sitoci in The Netherlands...in November.....looks like a return trip to Amsterdam is on the cards.I wonder how much train tickets from Amsterdam to Poeldijk are......

Anyone know where the August 2nd show is now being held? I read on Twitter that Lava Ignite will be closed, getting a refit at the time of the next show, and that a new venue will be announced shortly. Heard Preston Guild Hall rumoured. Anyone know?

Liger vs Sitoci in The Netherlands...in November.....looks like a return trip to Amsterdam is on the cards.I wonder how much train tickets from Amsterdam to Poeldijk are......
Train ticket form Amsterdam Airport - The Hague cost

Anyone know where the August 2nd show is now being held? I read on Twitter that Lava Ignite will be closed, getting a refit at the time of the next show, and that a new venue will be announced shortly. Heard Preston Guild Hall rumoured. Anyone know?

It's likely to be one of the other Ptown night clubs, which have a decentish size and are a lot better than 53 Degrees. I'd hazard a guess at PR1 or Blitz.

Archived