Preston City Wrestling Weekender 31/5 & 1/6

fludder99

Yesterday's show was utterly epic, I'll post more about it tomorrow. I've not gone the preshow today so cant tell you the results for that either. Tonight promises to be fantastic as well. There are still tickets as far as I know on sale on the door for tonight!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre Show Results

Joey Hayes beat martin kirby by tapout to cross face

Kris Travis pinned El ligero

Team Single (Tbone and Rampage brown) Beat Disco madness (Sam bailey and mad man manson) When Rampage pinned sam

Very funny segment with Dave rayne and Masters ended with Rayne being laid out with masterlock

Noam Dar and Doug Williams went to a 15 min time limit draw in a great wrestling match

• Paid Members

The trademarked name and theme of goldust was flaunted about, for shame.

Disappointed Scott and rick just left straight after the bell, would have been nice to see them leave on a high being the reason I went to the show. The main was underwhelming I thought.

The opener was great, and dean and ligero are easily two of my favourite faces regularly out and about.

Masters vs travis was best match of the night by a fair whack.

• Paid Members

We certainly had a fun weekend of filming for our next episode. The Steiners were fantastic (if not a bit intimidating. Well Scott was, Rick was absolutely sound). Masters is one of the coolest cats you'll meet and Michelle Thorne was awfully polite when we worked with her as well. Good shows all round from the bits I caught and it was nice to see Air_Raid, Benny, patdfb and Freebird (who was absolutely fucked by about 2pm and kicked off at me almost for not having a spare smoke).

• Paid Members

In my 20 years of going to live shows, Masters vs Travis may crack my top ten favourite matches.

I spent most of the drive this morning from Rusholme to Preston via Partington espousing the quality of Masters as "one of the best babyfaces in the world" to my two friends who were virtual BritWres virgins, and after that match they told me they'd been skeptical but were both blown away by the match. Masters in general between the two shows, pre show, Q&A and meet and greet came across as one of the nicest and most genuine guys you could ever meet, as big a fan as any of us, a superb wrestler for his timing, expressions, how to pace and build a match and his spirited comebacks, his grasp of "wrestling humour" and willingness to let people poke fun at him about "wellness." I don't think I've ever seen an import give to a weekend what Masters gave to of all us. He was funny, he was charming, he bled for the cause, and I'm told that he made the effort to ask each fan what their name was for a truly personalized autograph which you don't always get (although Lita did this as well today). I know most people expect/want him to return to WWE, and at least two people I know want him to remain independent so he can carry on coming over here, but I honestly think given his size, look, skill and firery fighting spirit comebacks, Chris Masters and New Japan would be a marriage made in heaven. He's a hell of a better hand than some of the gaijin they've fawned over or pushed to the moon in the last few years, and I think they'd love him.

Honourable mentions also to Shelton Benjamin - fair play for just getting in touch with the promotion and saying "Hi, I'm about, do you want to use me?" And also, to Rick Steiner. My buddy tells me he was really nice when he went to get photo and autograph, he seemed really cool in the Q&A and had some great stories (hunting with Hennig & Rude "he only took two bullets" being an obvious favourite) and generally seemed to be really enjoying himself. I genuinely think bell-to-bell Friday night he wrestled the whole match with a grin on his face.

Mr Fludder, thanks for organizing this weekend and for bringing such a brilliant slice of Chris Masters into my life.

Oh, and I'd be amiss not to mention :

Freebird : "What the fuck is that?"

DaveRayne(!) : "It's a neck bridge. I thought you were supposed to be smart fans???"

• Paid Members

If Fludder can get 3 Count back together, I might actually travel to Preston myself. I was thinking that the other day. You see everyone from the Shockmaster to Mantaur fucking about on the indy scene these days. You'd think someone would try and get Shane, Evan and Shannon back together.

If Fludder can get 3 Count back together, I might actually travel to Preston myself. I was thinking that the other day. You see everyone from the Shockmaster to Mantaur fucking about on the indy scene these days. You'd think someone would try and get Shane, Evan and Shannon back together.

Funny you should say that. This is from Shannons twitter

Shannon Moore ‏@TheShannonBrand 1 Jun

@PCW_UK Sounds like u guys are putting out some good stuff. If you ever want me over holla.

• Paid Members
In my 20 years of going to live shows, Masters vs Travis may crack my top ten favourite matches.

I spent most of the drive this morning from Rusholme to Preston via Partington espousing the quality of Masters as "one of the best babyfaces in the world" to my two friends who were virtual BritWres virgins, and after that match they told me they'd been skeptical but were both blown away by the match. Masters in general between the two shows, pre show, Q&A and meet and greet came across as one of the nicest and most genuine guys you could ever meet, as big a fan as any of us, a superb wrestler for his timing, expressions, how to pace and build a match and his spirited comebacks, his grasp of "wrestling humour" and willingness to let people poke fun at him about "wellness." I don't think I've ever seen an import give to a weekend what Masters gave to of all us. He was funny, he was charming, he bled for the cause, and I'm told that he made the effort to ask each fan what their name was for a truly personalized autograph which you don't always get (although Lita did this as well today). I know most people expect/want him to return to WWE, and at least two people I know want him to remain independent so he can carry on coming over here, but I honestly think given his size, look, skill and firery fighting spirit comebacks, Chris Masters and New Japan would be a marriage made in heaven. He's a hell of a better hand than some of the gaijin they've fawned over or pushed to the moon in the last few years, and I think they'd love him.

THIS. I hardly catch a lot of the matches but I caught most of that and the last few minutes especially the finishing sequence were astoundingly good. Masters is absolutely brilliant, poor bloke cracked his head for real as well. Ouch.

Masters vs Travis was a fantastic match. That brawl they had all over the arena/club was great, the highlight being Travis doing slicebread #2 on Masters by walking up the nightclub wall near the stairs, literally 6 feet from where I was standing. You see stuff like that on tv and think, 'cool', but when you're that close and it happens in an unexpected place, you'd have to be made of stone not to mark the fuck out, no matter how cool a cat you're trying to be.

I thought there were numerous very good matches over the past 2 days. The big thing for me was all the imports did try and work hard and put some effort in. They weren't coasting on their WWE-stardom. Masters was super-impressive as others have said. There were lots of highlights though - Mad Man Manson, Dave Rayne and Bubblegum were all hilarious at various points. The Manson vs Bubblegum match, with Manson telling him off for trying to do highspots, yelling 'We're not going to do an indy match!' was funny as hell. PCW hit a homerun and more with this past weekend, hugely enjoyable stuff.

Gutted I couldn't make it up for the weekend.

Had tickets for all three shows, hotel & coach booked and all set to head up on Friday morning.

Unfortunately I came down with an ear infection on Thursday and had to lay low all weekend.

Definitely just delaying my first PCW experience and will, all being well, head up for at least the Saturday of Supershow 3!

Being a huge fan of the Steiners I made the drive to Preston for Saturdays show. Glad I did. Was an excellent event. Rick Stiener can still go. I was really impressed by how much he did in the match.

I went to half the pre-show, the Q&A and then fucked off to get a KFC. I had a few beers and came back for the Night 2 show which was very good. Probably the strongest and most consistent PCW show I've attended so far. Some excellent showings by the likes of Ligero, Allmark, T-Bone, Rampage, Fight Club, Travis, Kirby and Dave Rayne. Match of the night has to go to Masters Vs Travis. Masters put an incredible performance in and his entrance was a thing of beauty. When he posed on the stage showing off, he looked like a million dollars. He came over to the bar shouted "get me a fucking drink", downed someones drink, threw the glass in the air and the glass was very close to hitting me on the head. Although it may not have been the best match of the night the one I enjoyed the most was the 3 way tag which was great. I'd echo the thoughts on Rick Steiner the bloke can really go and was bumping left right and center. If I stand correct, I don't think Scotty took a single bump during the match but that doesn't matter as Scotty was bloody ace. Hearing him cut a promo calling Fight Club queers and faggots was brilliant (I really wish I bothered meeting him at the meet & greet now). Such a good surprise to see Shelton Benjamin who is bloody massive in person and put on a great match with Kirby.

The only downside to the show was the main event came off very flat and I'd like to blame this to Joey Hayes. Noam Darr's promo at the end of the show for me didn't at all excite me for his match with Williams. As this wasn't an opinion just shared by me as people in my section of Lava were shouting "who gives a shit", "nobody cares" and "what" at Noam Darr. There was your typical cuntish fans in Lava chanting "Let's go Cena" and "Cena sucks" during the main event. I hope one day they will engage in a sexual relationship.

Good show, can't wait for the next show I choose to go to. Many of the Imports really looked like they loved it there and you could tell with the energy they were giving out. PCW continues to get better and grow. Looking forward to what happens with the Promotion in the next few months in regards to imports, announcements and matches.

• Paid Members
Hearing him cut a promo calling Fight Club queers and faggots was brilliant

Oh dear.

(I really wish I bothered meeting him at the meet & greet now).

If it makes you feel any better, he's a cunt.

When the flash didn't work at first on my mate's camera he refused to wait and sat down again, then when Rick passed my mate's 8x10 across he said "what, I have to fucking sign this as well?" This, and the fact that Rick did most of their work for them (and Fight Club being inserted into the announced Steiners/Team Single match so he had five guys to cover for him) can probably be attributed to him overdoing it the night before, and when he finally got to Lava & Ignite (having missed the Q&A and being late for the Meet & Greet) he was violently chucking up behind the curtain. "He's tired" said some lass to us. When we asked "is he tired?" (with "quote fingers") she replied "He's completely smashed."

Don't try and keep up with Kris Travis, I guess.

The only downside to the show was the main event came off very flat and I'd like to blame this to Joey Hayes.

I blame it on the fact that there could very well have been many fans who only came for the big name American star imports, and I blame burnout. My two friends and I never recovered from the Masters/Travis match, and I suspect many that did have some pop left in them, used it up when Welcome To The Jungle started playing.

There was your typical cuntish fans in Lava chanting "Let's go Cena" and "Cena sucks" during the main event. I hope one day they will engage in a sexual relationship.

Just to complete their wrongness? Quite the hatemonger, you are.

Incidentally at one point between the Steiners match and the end of the show, looking back beyond the entrance staircase we saw blue lights flashing, and my mate thinks he actually saw some police. Wonder what that was about?

Archived