Preston City Wrestling Weekender 31/5 & 1/6

fludder99

• Paid Members
Looking forward to Night 2 (the one I have tickets for). Anyone know what the time the Q&A starts? I wont be able to make the pre-show due to coming off a shift at 10am but I'll be heading down afterwards for the Q and A, which I've heard is at 3(?) but haven't seen it stated anywhere.

Doors for the pre-show are 11:30am (show 12:15pm), but I can't see an advertised start time for either the Q&A or the Meet & Greet - I assume they'll just follow on from the pre-show? Doesn't help your situation, admittedly...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to Night 2 (the one I have tickets for). Anyone know what the time the Q&A starts? I wont be able to make the pre-show due to coming off a shift at 10am but I'll be heading down afterwards for the Q and A, which I've heard is at 3(?) but haven't seen it stated anywhere.

Doors for the pre-show are 11:30am (show 12:15pm), but I can't see an advertised start time for either the Q&A or the Meet & Greet - I assume they'll just follow on from the pre-show? Doesn't help your situation, admittedly...

I was told if you wasn't there for the kick off for day activities by the scheduled start time then there would be no guarantee you would be granted admission as they will be closing up the front doors at 12:30. This probably wont happen but put the frighteners on me enough to buy new train tickets as originally was going to be getting in at 1pm.

• Paid Members

Quick one about tomorrow.

The PCW website says :

Doors open

5:00 pm

First bell

6:00 pm

The first page in this thread, not updated, says :

31/5

5.30pm doors

6.30pm start

My TICKET says

Night 1 31/5 - Doors 6pm, Show 7pm

Does anybody know which of these is likely to be right?

Does anybody know which of these is likely to be right?

I'm going for the 5.30ish thing being correct will be stumbling from Wellies at around that time. If it's not open, too Fishers instead

I was told if you wasn't there for the kick off for day activities by the scheduled start time then there would be no guarantee you would be granted admission as they will be closing up the front doors at 12:30. This probably wont happen but put the frighteners on me enough to buy new train tickets as originally was going to be getting in at 1pm.

I'm travelling down with thesimonbegz from North Wales and usually there wouldn't be a problem getting there on time as usually there is only 1 change but for some reason the trainlines appear to be closed and in some cases have been replaced with bus services which takes the piss. Instead we've got to change 3 times and the journey is taking is almost double the time it usually would.

I asked Fludder on facebook about it and he said as long as we have bought a ticket we will be allowed in. We will roughly be getting to Lava for 1 so we shouldn't have a problem.

Really looking forward to this now. Feeling gutted that I'm missing Night 1 now.

• Paid Members

Right, I'm on my tod for tonight. As I didn't want to go into the "city" any later to catch my outbound train, I'll be getting to Preston about ten to 5 with an hour to kill so will head directly to Fishers for refreshment, read the paper and probably local cuisine.

Any of the (admittedly not many) people attending that have met me, if you do spot me either in Fishers or the show itself, please come say hey yo.

Counting down till 3 so I can finish work and head over to Preston.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend although there isn't a one individual match that makes me stand up and think "wow", but the full cards are absolutely solid and not a bad match-up on paper. Both four-ways tonight should be very good, getting to see The Steiners live will be an experience in itself and I do wonder what kind of match Bone and Doug will have together.

The six way tomorrow night looks great with a lot of varying styles, I have high hopes for Davids/Banks, hope Hayes continues the form he's in against Doug and Team Single against The Steiners should be an interesting clubfest.

Live Results from Jamie Tunbridge on twitter

El Ligero Wins the four way to become the number 1 contender to the Cruiserweight title

April Davids beats Bubblegum with an armbar

No DQ Elimination 4 way up next

Dave Mastiff vs Johnny Moss vs Rampage Brown vs Chris Masters

Moss is eliminated first by Rampage

Mastiff is eliminated second by Rampage

Masters beats Rampage with the masterlock

T-Bone loses the Heavyweight title against Doug Williams after the bombscare kneedrop

2nd half

Noam Dar makes Danny Hope tap out to the champagne super kneebar

Dave Rayne and CJ Banks beat Golddust and Mad Man Manson when Rayne pins Manson

Steiner Bros beat the Fight Club by pin and become PCW new tag team champions

New PCW Tag Team Champions: The Steiner Brothers!

BLoaRutCYAI7AhH.jpg

Was great seeing the Steiners live. Doesnt really matter how good or bad the match was, they're one of those acts that's have been around forever and it's great just to see live, especially when they very rarely team up/wrestle any more.

BLoaRutCYAI7AhH.jpg

Was great seeing the Steiners live. Doesnt really matter how good or bad the match was, they're one of those acts that's have been around forever and it's great just to see live, especially when they very rarely team up/wrestle any more.

so she was the valet in the end?

BLoaRutCYAI7AhH.jpg

so she was the valet in the end?

Yeah Michelle Thorne was their valet. That photo was taken after their match last night with the PCW tag title belts.

Really fun night, tonight should be more of the same.

Archived