Post-Mania returns/debuts

NorthSeaTiger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MVP looks like he'll be in town, he's just been announced for a Q&A the night before mania. Didn't he finish up in Japan not long ago, could be a good shout. Seemed to leave on good terms and has said before he'd go back at some point.

MVP looks like he'll be in town, he's just been announced for a Q&A the night before mania. Didn't he finish up in Japan not long ago, could be a good shout. Seemed to leave on good terms and has said before he'd go back at some point.

He better come back pretending to be Japanese, like Albert did.

True. Both MVP and Shelton finished up with NJPW leaving on good terms and both stated that although they dont know whats next, the door to WWE will be open for them.

• Moderators

Urgh. Man I really hope that Benjamin doesn't come back. I don't think it's even questioned that he's utterly devoid of charisma*, but the whole great athlete thing is a bit of a myth too I think.

Sure, he had some great moments - the match with Michaels, some MITB / Rumble spots. But the thing is he was also pretty sloppy and botchy a lot of the time too..

Kofi fills his role perfectly anyway, and does it better.

* One time, Haas and Benjamin came out to the ring dressed as the APA (Haas as Simmons and Benjamin as Bradshaw no less) and did a song that had the lyrics "the APA is crap". I remember it as being one of the most awkward cringeworthy dead crowd segments I've ever seen but I've never found a clip of it online. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would love to know.

Even if you just remember it happening, but don't have a clip.

• Paid Members
One time, Haas and Benjamin came out to the ring dressed as the APA (Haas as Simmons and Benjamin as Bradshaw no less) and did a song that had the lyrics "the APA is crap". I remember it as being one of the most awkward cringeworthy dead crowd segments I've ever seen but I've never found a clip of it online. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would love to know.

. I've never seen it before but they're absolutely mangling the

Benjamin was decent in-ring. BUT, as a face he had a real cocky bastard smugness about him. But not a confident way, more a " how great am I" vibe. So he made it hard to get behind him when his smug smile made you want his opponent to kick it off his face, something HBK nearly managed during that Gold Rush match!!

Archived