Post-Mania returns/debuts

NorthSeaTiger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Lesnar has crazy amounts of charisma, you lunatic.

Ok lets play a game.

Not just his mic work but his blank facials.

Less than 10 seconds after the time you mentioned, he's pulling faces like a cocky jock dickhead who everyone would love to see get beaten up. Charisma executed for the purpose of the storyline.

And no it's not as easy as just give someone a manager but it helps someone who lacks charisma get over. Look at Umaga. A fat guy whos finisher was a thumb. Armando Estrada did such a good job there people cared about Umaga long after he'd gone just because they associated him with Estrada's catchphrase. Who really gave a fuck about Jamal in 3MW?

Plenty of people. They were over as Bischoff's hired muscle. And as Umaga, he had a ton of charisma going on on his own. Great facials, moved around the ring brilliantly, and sold what was a pretty difficult gimmick in the 21st century to perfection. Also, your entire point's invalid, because 3 MINUTE WARNING HAD A MANAGER TOO.

Come on, I think there's a fair few people who aren't saying they liked Benjamin because they don't want to be talked down.

Benjamin's not a main eventer. But Team Angle at the start of their run were a great addition to the tag roster. Benjamin had a lot of Money In The Bank moments. He had the Gold Rush match against Michaels, the matches against Triple H and the match against Jericho at Taboo Tuesday. From about 2009, yeah - he'd grown stale for me. The Momma's Boy thing didn't help, but the Gold Standard was dull and unconvincing.

But for someone to have done those things in their run, they can't be one of the worst wrestlers in the last ten years. He's a fantastic athlete. Is he full of charisma? Of course not, but it's good to have variety and have someone who is more 'legitimate' than showman. He's a decent enough midcarder when he's not a heel.

When I think of him, I think of the T-Bone rather than his 'rock bottoming himself' finish.

• Paid Members

The guy was around for over seven years and peaked after two. For the last five years of his WWE run all he was good for was a big spot in the MitB matches. It's not unreasonable to think that most fans have seen enough of him for one lifetime.

It would be terrible to bring in another bland midcarder. Cesaro, Miz, Barrett, Swagger, Cody, Sin Cara, Kofi - all the the undercard guys not named Titus or Heath - what a shit hole.

Obviously people are going to have different opinions. The crew you call a shit hole are guys I enjoy, while your two heroes are two who I can't bear watching most the time.

Come on, I think there's a fair few people who aren't saying they liked Benjamin because they don't want to be talked down.

Benjamin's not a main eventer. But Team Angle at the start of their run were a great addition to the tag roster. Benjamin had a lot of Money In The Bank moments. He had the Gold Rush match against Michaels, the matches against Triple H and the match against Jericho at Taboo Tuesday. From about 2009, yeah - he'd grown stale for me. The Momma's Boy thing didn't help, but the Gold Standard was dull and unconvincing.

But for someone to have done those things in their run, they can't be one of the worst wrestlers in the last ten years. He's a fantastic athlete. Is he full of charisma? Of course not, but it's good to have variety and have someone who is more 'legitimate' than showman. He's a decent enough midcarder when he's not a heel.

When I think of him, I think of the T-Bone rather than his 'rock bottoming himself' finish.

The Momma's boy thing that occured in 2006? What about the 3 years between then and 2009?

Like to see MVP back. And, has enough time passed for Morrison to get over himself and sign back up? He was always on the cusp of greatness in the WWE. He's like Hardy for me - really charismatic as long as he doesn't open his mouth.

• Paid Members
Who really gave a fuck about Jamal in 3MW?

We weren't supposed to give a fuck about the individuals, it was the team we were supposed to care about. Could you really not give a better example than that?

Still, thanks for your contributions to this thread, I'd forgotten just how terribly wrong you are all the time. Bret Hart as a manager to help people on the mic :laugh: :laugh:

• Moderators
He's a fantastic athlete.

Yeah, but being a great athlete doesn't really amount to a hill of beans when it comes to being a decent wrestler. If being a top athlete was enough we'd all still be wiping Tom Magee's spunk out of our eyes and we'd be ready to drink some more of it. Being a great athlete is what pro wrestlers who aren't very good fall back on.

He's a fantastic athlete.

Yeah, but being a great athlete doesn't really amount to a hill of beans when it comes to being a decent wrestler. If being a top athlete was enough we'd all still be wiping Tom Magee's spunk out of our eyes and we'd be ready to drink some more of it. Being a great athlete is what pro wrestlers who aren't very good fall back on.

No one will buy a PPV to see him on it, but I still think he was someone who was decent in the midcard when they didn't force a gimmick on him.

I've got my years wrong. Benjamin started the Gold Standard thing in 2007. In honesty, perhaps I've just seen the better years of Benjamin. I wasn't watching as much post-2006. Looking at it, it seems most of the 'shit' periods were when he was a heel. They could let Angle get them heat or be against popular teams like Los Guerreros when heel at the start. He started to do well as a face, but they slowed his music down (like Victoria's theme - apparently done by Nicki Minaj) and gave him the Momma. He's clearly not a natural heel, but I thought he was a decent asset as a face.

Regardless, I'm not fussed if he comes back. I'd rather see Adrian Neville come in as he could potentially do what Benjamin would be hired to do and more (especially flips of course). I just don't think he's as bad as others say.

Archived