Post-Mania returns/debuts

NorthSeaTiger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lesnar has crazy amounts of charisma, you lunatic.

Ok lets play a game.

Not just his mic work but his blank facials.

And no it's not as easy as just give someone a manager but it helps someone who lacks charisma get over. Look at Umaga. A fat guy whos finisher was a thumb. Armando Estrada did such a good job there people cared about Umaga long after he'd gone just because they associated him with Estrada's catchphrase. Who really gave a fuck about Jamal in 3MW?

• Moderators

You mean 400lbs killer Umaga? Yeah, that's far different to 230lbs boring guy who rockbottoms himself for a finisher and has been given chance after chance and has been pigeon holed as a loser and is an absolutely fucking dreadful wrestler.

I'll ask you again, why bring back Shit Shelton and waste more money and time on a manager for him when you could just bring in someone instead who isn't shit?

You mean 400lbs killer Umaga? Yeah, that's far different to 230lbs boring guy who rockbottoms himself for a finisher and has been given chance after chance and has been pigeon holed as a loser and is an absolutely fucking dreadful wrestler.

I'll ask you again, why bring back Shit Shelton and waste more money and time on a manager for him when you could just bring in someone instead who isn't shit?

I never said I'd bring him back I just said I can't understand the hate. I wouldn't bring him back because he's always going to have that shit rep after that abysmal gimmick. Theres only 1 or 2 people who could've recovered from that. I feel sorry for the guy more than hate him. If I had been stuck with that gimmick I'd be phoning it in for years after because wheres the point. You're never gonna shake that off no matter how hard you work.

• Moderators

Who would you even get in to manage Shelton that'd make sense? Paul as he was in Team Angle? Well, no as it'll make Heyman look shit as he only deals with big names now. Dirty Dutch? Don't think managing a black man would work for Uncle Zeb. It's just a tremendously bad idea, and falls back on the basest and laziness instincts of some wrestling fans who think "give him a manager" is like some massive sticking plaster for shite who they like. See also: Just give him a wrestler gimmick doing holds and having no emotions!

Why even feel sorry for him? He got to hang around a company getting pushed intermittently for far longer than his talent should have ever allowed.

I'm calling MVP to return after Mania.

I'd say that's a very good shout.

Benjamin seems likely + lot of nxt being called up.

Hopefully loads are released considering there is so much waste on the roster with some good talent waiting to come up. DiBiase wouldn't surprise me if it's true that he's injured again.

Why do some people think everything in wrestling is as simple as "just give him a manager"?

Why give him a manager? Why hire him at all? He's not worth a dump in the ring. Bring back someone who isn't one of the shittest of the past 10 years.

Do u like Haas & Benjamin as a tag team & would u rather see them return together?

Who would you even get in to manage Shelton that'd make sense?

I'd like to see something like Bret coming in and being a manager for some of the more technically sound guys oncthe roster who aren't as gifted on the mic, assuming he could get over his bitterness obviously. If they didn't do that with the Hart Dynasty though I can't see them doing it now. Maybe Flair trying to build a new horsemen type faction around Zigger with Shelton being the other single guy and a healthy Kidd/Gabriel as the groups token lower card tag team as that seems to be how 4 man stables work these days.

• Paid Members

Bret Hart talks backwards these days and he's a bigger star. So you have someone who can't put a convincing promo for him and someone who will over shadow him. What's the point in that? And if someone like Bret was going to commit to manage a wrestler on the active roster regularly, why someone who's been around for over a decade and died on his arse several times previous?

• Moderators

Why would partying and styling and profiling Flair get involved with a dullard like Shelton Benjamin? Other than both being bleached blonde, that's where the similarities end. Flair - super talented party animal who could talk women to bed, Benjamin - shit shithouse who's devoid of personality and could talk a glass eye to sleep. The Horsemen worked because they were four super charismatic wonderful talkers who could go at bell time, and could go with the ladies at night. That's why it worked. You can't just put Flair with spastics and mutes and bores and expect it to be the four horsemen and not shit.

There is literally not one reason Shelton Benjamin is ever worth hiring ever again. Not one role he can fill better than anybody else, not one thing he can do which is interesing, not one finisher which is less stupid than rockbottoming yourself.

They probably fucking will though and he'll conitinue to be boring and shit, with only having a massive nodder as a positive.

Archived