Post-Mania returns/debuts

NorthSeaTiger

So now the WM season is upon us, and the event itself is only 2 weeks away, who can the ukff see returning or debuting at or straight after Mania itself? Would old faces like Chris Masters, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito etcmake a return, or will we see a batch of new faces like Adrian Neville from NXT, El Generico? Is there a chance Batista will return for semi-regular appearances similar to the deal Lesnar has?

Who's it gonna be???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do they start cutting people? I thought that was meant to happen a while back. Hopefully they'll see sense and drop Swagger. Kofi's going nowhere as per usual but he's rumoured for a heel turn which would be interesting to say the least.

Bring up Bray, they'd be a place for him if they dropped Swagger. Unless it's Masters I don't want the old lot back, put him in a tag team with Neville or someone before giving him a push.

• Moderators

If Shelton Benjamin comes back I will cry so many sad sad tears. One of my least favourite wrestlers ever. But yeah, I'm more looking forward to see if there's a cull. I always look forward to a good round of sackings.

But yeah, I'm more looking forward to see if there's a cull. I always look forward to a good round of sackings.

Same here, but there's always that one thats a bit gutting. Test, Albert, Knox being some of mine.

I don't see any big names going this time, there's too much dead wood about, but people like Bourne, Tatsu & Kidd will probably be bricking it. Ryder will probably be the biggest name to go.

Benjamin and Carlito must be favourites to return. I once thought Benjamin was a smart bit of talent, but eventually got sick of the boring sod come about 2009. Someone who I thought got less and less entertaining as the years went on.

You could say the same about Carlito. But I think he just lost the will in the end. I hear he's got his shit together now though and is a bit of a gym rat.

• Paid Members

Agreed with Butch on Shelton Benjamin. The only thing I find endearing about him is the manner in which he's forced to walk because of the sheer hulking mass in his undercrackers he's got to carry around with him.

I'd say Pac/Neville is a sure fire post Mania debut'er, but I reckon Generico is a few months shy of being WWE ready.

I'll tongue my own arsehole with glee if Batista and Masters show up!!!

Didn't they say there wouldn't be a cull this year as they needed talent to fill the extra shows like Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event?

I can't see Generico being called up yet because he hasn't been there long enough to be forgotten about and be a WWE guy. I would've liked to have seen Mike Dalton and Leo Kruger called up last year but since FCW ended Dalton seems to have dropped off the radar apart from a jobber appearance and I think Krugers gimmick needs a little more tweaking before being called up.

I can't understand all the Shelton hate though. I feel sorry for the guy. How can you be saddled with the Momma's boy gimmick and either expect it not to bomb or expect to recover from it when it does. There was only one way his career would ever go from there.

• Moderators

Because he's shit and everything wrong with wrestling? A charisma black hole who just does "moovs" and his finisher was pretty much him just rock bottoming himself?

There's a million reasons why Shelton Benjamin is nearly as fucking bad as a Harris Brother, and they are plain to see for everyone with a bit of nous about them.

• Moderators

Why do some people think everything in wrestling is as simple as "just give him a manager"?

Why give him a manager? Why hire him at all? He's not worth a dump in the ring. Bring back someone who isn't one of the shittest of the past 10 years.

• Paid Members
Thats why Lesnar has pretty much always had Heyman in his corner though. Just give him a decent manager, preferably not his mum though.

He had Heyman for a few months in 2002 and one match last year. His big babyface run and his famous match with John Cena and every bit of interest he created in the UFC didn't have Heyman doing his interviews for him. Lesnar is arguably the most charismatic man in wrestling. When he walks out everyone goes "oh, fuck". That's charisma. Eric Young would be more charismatic than Lesnar if you think charisma is mic skills. But only mentalists think charisma is what you say. 95% of charisma is what you don't say. Its how you carry yourself. And nobody carries themself like Lesnar.

Archived