Greatest Wrestling Documentary

scott_2k16

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like a viewing of the Monday Night Wars DVD. Got some decent extras.

Beyond the Mat should probably get a shout out here.

I particular enjoy Louis Theroux's one where Sarge get's him chucking his guts up.

The Rise and Fall of ECW is pretty special. Wrestling With Shadows is probably my favourite. Still meaning to check out Heroes of World Class.

Heroes Of World Class is outstanding, and might just be my favourite. Be sure to watch it soon.

I need to see Heros of World Class. I had a downloaded copy but the picture and sound were about three minutes out of synch so it was unwatchable. The WWE's Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW was a good watch too, for the footage if nothing else.

For similar reasons, I really enjoyed the WWE 4-Horsemen documentary too.

To answer the question though, I think Wrestling With Shadows is the best wrestling documentary I've seen.

• Paid Members

I like the Pillman one WWE put out. Although it's a bit depressing knowing how it all ends, it's a good watch. The Road Warriors one is really good as well.

Did they ever do a proper, in-depth doc on Andre?

Everything stopped at 4 o clock

Ah, that should have been top of my own lil list! :thumbsup:

I didn't get on well with the Heroes of World Class. Stopped watching after ten minutes in fact.

I think that's mainly because I'm not that interested in what happened in Texas and all that southern stuff though.

I can see that fans of that style and those boys would love it.

• Paid Members

Memphis Heat is probably my favourite out of the lot. Jerry Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Jackie Fargo and Jimmy Valient are excellent on this and the footage was tremendous. They seemed to be all able to brawl in Memphis. It was quite stunning. They were firing those fists at a rapid rate. Lawler's punches are still the best in the business now, but everyone is like that.

Worst was one called "On the Road with April and Talia", which came free from a trader on here. Forgot his name, but if you bought a load of DVDs off him he'd throw in a few random DVDs that no one else wanted. I watched this shit for 90 minutes. It was like watching the shittest footy match ever. 90 minutes of Velvet Sky and April Hunter ripping into WWE women because they hadn't "paid their dues" and slagging off the diva search lot. This would be fair enough if not for April Hunter getting on cards because she paid for her own flight and Velvet Sky being to skanky looking to get through to the diva search. Proper hypocrites. Then after ages of talking about their seasoning and training and learning the art of wrestling, they proceed to have an abysmal match, where neither girl knows how to hit the ropes or even bump correctly. Shower of shit.

But its not all bad. Unlike April Hunter, Velvet doesn't look like a bloke, so there is wank material if you are feeling bored. I believe I came halfway through the story of Slyk Wagner Brown giving April a good kicking and threatening to cut her head off, because Velvet Sky was looking especially lovely at that point in the DVD. Its interesting to see how Velvet Sky hasn't improved a single bit in 7 years, though. She's as shit then as she is now. Like not a bit of difference in how she does that wierd Hasbro Macho Man arm when she does a clothesline or when she bumps on her arse almost shattering her tail bone.

• Paid Members

Iv'e had trouble tracking down Memphis Heat if anyone could give me a "heads up" it'd be very much appreciated. Heroes of World Class is my favourite though, it benefits from still having the library before they sold it to WWE. Such a sad story it'd be impossible not to be captivated by it and emotionally drawn in. The stuff with Kevin going back to the Sportatorium and about not even being a brother anymore is really sad, WCCW is one of my favourite promotions, absolutely love Gino Hernandez especially guy was years and years ahead of his time.

Archived