Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I want to know what The Rome Statute is.

The Rome Statute is the International Criminal Court's definition of war crimes. They're big on nicking your holiday snaps, presumably.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Haven't seen that kind of guff in years.

The maddening thing is that there's some truth in it, but the solution definitely isn't post more content on Facebook. 

If people really understood what Facebook did with your photos beyond just 'using them' whatever that means they would be apoplectic. But Facebook will wave aside a £4bn fine and carry on. Legislation is a million miles behind technology. 

• Paid Members

Is there a reason I'm suddenly seeing loads of "Area 51" memes in my news feed, or just a coincidence? Things like a video of a bloke running into a brick wall with the caption "trying to get into Area 51 be like...", or a bloke running full speed in and out of a building captioned with "me trying to get my hands on the radioactive spider in Area 51 so I can get bitten and be Spiderman". I've been offline for the last day and a half, so not sure if I've missed something?

• Paid Members

Some guy started a "Let's invade Area 51" Facebook group for a laugh. His strategy is based around gathering so many people that the security won't be able to stop every person from getting in, just due to the sheer numbers.

The group now has 2.2 million people either 'going' or 'interested' in rushing Area 51 on the 20th of September.

99% of the related memes are proper shite though.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I wonder if they'll move all the aliens somewhere else before that day just in case.

I reckon they just won't answer the door and pretend they're not in.

• Paid Members

At it's core it's actually a fair idea. Some super secret military base everyone thinks is full of alien secrets, could be worth a look. They'll all be shot to death, mind you.

• Paid Members

A small group of twats lead by a YouTube ultra twat will turn up and they will be immediately arrested due to trespassing.

You’ll be able to watch this “OMG Clicks here” footage unfold live on said ultra twats YouTube channel for $10.