Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

... Trouble is, as mentioned, he isn't doing anything illegal at the minute and the industry is so poorly regulated it's not like he has a license that can be revoked.

It seems akin to chiropractors in the sense that it’s not properly regulated. Absolutely no medical training required, somehow allowed to call themselves doctors even though they don’t require any medical qualifications to practice... and can really fuck people up, such as that playmate model Katie May who died last year, one of a large number of people unfortunately.

I completely agree though, especially now with the current movements and awareness of ‘abuse of power’, masseuses should 100% be forced to sign up to a charter of best practice.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use Facebook anymore but my girlfriends is a source of hilarity.  There is the creepy cult guy who says "The next obvious step is to apply for charitable status", nope me neither.  And a generous smattering of racists.  One of them shared a post from some "Patriot" group or other bemoaning that Islamic Relief have adverts on buses in Manchester, adding "HOW QUICKLY THEY FORGET OUR CHILDREN WHO WERE KILLED, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME MANCHESTER COUNCIL"

So my girlfriend pointed out that the part of the banner that was cropped out implores people to save a life today.  The campaign is so that muslims will think of people less fortunate than themselves and help them.  However a woman who is gammon as fuck piped up with some bollocks, so we looked at her profile and her last status was this banger.

"Louie? He is never going to be king so why give him a kings name?".  My best guess is she is thinking of The Jungle Book and not The Sun King.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Terrifying, but at the very least, not too problematic - the bigger ones tend to be less venomous. It's the little bastards you need to look out for. Same with spiders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So, there's this which was posted by a friend's ex-girlfriend who I am still Facebook friends with (yes, I am back on Facebook, because comedy promotion)

wtfman.jpg

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I've seen one scorpion on the streets in almost 5 years in Vietnam, some guy wrapped it in a sack and drove off with it probably to eat. Heard from colleagues who have lived in more rural places in the region they can be a daily occurrence at this time of year as they like the air conditioning. Just got to learn to scoop them up, nasty stings but not deadly.

A cracking one from my ex's grandmother which I spotted today:

"Funny how every time there's a royal wedding or a big event in London, it a sunny day...its called weather manipulation."

• Paid Members

Who's the absolute roaster who posted that? Fucking idiot.

1. He's paid no more than any other ordinary serviceman has. Some have definitely paid way more, and their families, and guess what? They didn't get massive funding from taxpayers for anything at their weddings. 

2. Like other servicemen, he volunteered. Presumably he did it on the understanding that this is seen as something selfless, not expecting anything beyond the usual remuneration for soldiers. At least that's what the media's always telling us when they bang on about "heroes".

3. Fuck this narrative that the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were for our security. Neither of those countries ever attacked us, had the capability of attacking us, or had the intention to. Yes, they were run by rancid cunts who should've been knocked off, but don't make out like this was ever necessary for our security. In fact, it's been the opposite: it's been damaging to our security, because attacking them has now unleashed a generation of people who hate us and want to kill us. Not to mention that, if you're really bothered about security, then you join Mi5, Mi6, GCHQ or any of the other agencies that are better suited to dealing with guerrilla/terrorism tactics.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Is Facebook slowly becoming a stream of sponsored mattress ad videos? I know some ads and posts are based on your activity, but I can't help but think these aren't. There's loads of the fucking things.

• Paid Members

This absolute puzzler appeared on my timeline this morning. 

Why is the best vet to take a rabbit too. The animal kind. TIA

Ignoring the obvious grammar issues, here we have a man who has to make sure that we know he isn't taking a sex toy to the vets.