Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

These past few weeks my FB feed has become 4chan-lite, it was never this bad before but suddenly everyone is "sharing" pics from 4chan/9gag/some other moronic sites fan page. Oh, and a few people moaning about immigrants and posting lies they heard from an illiterate member of some right wing group.

• Paid Members

The vapid (usually unattractive and exceedingly bitchy) women who post those fucking "If you can't deal with me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" style things.

By the same token for the opposite sex, people who repost stuff from LadsBible or something which wasn't funny in the first place and isn't improved by being reheated and posted again with insightful comments like "lol top bant!!" underneath it. Actually, anything with the words "lad" or "banter" in is probably to be avoided in my book.

In terms of other stuff, I appear to have a deluge of people I know turning into tin hatted conspiracy mongs. Nearly all of them have half of the Facebook page taken up with conspiracy bollocks, the other half with stuff about how baked they got last night.

Oh, also stuff like this

grahambv.jpg

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

My pet hate on facebook is the kind of girl (always fat and unattractive) who posts attention seeking shite statuses. It usually goes like this.

Girl 1: :(

Girl 2: Wats up hun?

Girl 1: Dnt wanna tlk about it

Girl 2: PM me if u need me hun

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Drives me to distraction

Must say I do enjoy people who post funny pictures though.

HASHTAGS!!! Pictures of people self-harming with " like if you want it to stop.....ignore if you want it to happen to you" ..... Same with pics of dying babies with a similar quote. LadBible pics....people requesting I help them with games.....fuck right off.

A few years ago when the bruhaha about the poppy-burning fundamentalists kicked off, this absolute imbecile lass who was seeng a friend of mine posted something along the lines of

'My boyfriend is 1/4 arabic and my grandad is an immigrant, but I truly believe that people who weren't born here have no respect for our culture and should be sent back'.

Needless to say, I took the 'delete' route rather than make my brain hurt trying to argue with such an ignorant person on the well-known platform for intelligent, reasoned debate that is facebook.

The vapid (usually unattractive and exceedingly bitchy) women who post those fucking "If you can't deal with me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" style things.

And funnily enough, this same lass was one of the main proponents of the above Marilyn Monroe quote. Yeah, there were at least a few reasons why men would be willing to put up with Marilyn Monroe 'at her worst'. Some car crash of a thick racist chav with no job prospects and a brood of kids by different dads doesn't quite get the same leeway, I reckon.

Edited by Magnum

• Paid Members

The one thing worse than that are people updating their status moaning about people updating their status about the snow. Especially those that post a 'funny' meme to accompany how they feel.

Younger members of my family do this 'like for looks' shit. Obviously when my cocky 14 year old nephew does it I have to comment to upstage him in front of all his girly friends that have liked his status.

• Paid Members

Yeah something these kids today do as an ego-boost. They update their status to say 'like for looks'and the point is that their friends of the opposite sex like the status to show they fancy them. Whatever happened to a slow dance to Boyz 2 Men with a cheeky finger at the local youth club?

This is some girl who I don't know but she's on my Facebook. Shes had about 2 kids with different men.

im nt gonna lie itis sum tymz hard bein a singal mom ( BT I WUDNT CHANGE IT 4THE FUCKING WORLD MY GIRLS R MY LIFE LOVE U BOTH SOOOOO MUCH ♥ ♥ ♥ ME ALISA AND CARRIA 4EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRR BABBYYYYY ♥

Really want's a job :/ bt hard bein a singal mom How I'd do it ermmm

Walk a Mile in my shoes see wot I see Here wot I here Feel wot I feel then Mayb Ull undastand why I Do wot I do intill then Don't judge Me ! ♥

Ten clock apustly knackered ! 1clock still wide a fuckin wake!!!!!!!

Fucking hell..

Edited by Twinn

I spent a year or so off of facebook as I was really sick of all the bitching and shitty comments between people. I rejoined a month or so ago to keep in touch with a few people abroad, and because I kept missing gigs and parties because nobody texts or phones anymore, so if I missed the fb event I didn't find out about things. Anyway, a few short weeks back on it and shit like this is killing me:

8272_509272959110591_1305761963_n.jpg

Thanks very much for your glib advice and platitudes, and especially for putting it on a nice pink background. I don't know how I ever dealt with my problems before I had such inspirational tat to refer to. And the worst part is, it's people I otherwise like and respect who are posting it so I don't really want to issue fort the stream of furious invective that bubbles to the surface every time I see such shit.